Thread: Activation of phone bundle question

Feedback Score

Activation of phone bundle question

I just got a TF Moto e5 with a year's service , bought it from TF's eBay store.

The phone came with a regular red activation card with IMEI and SIM number. It has the regular TF activation number on it, 1-800-867-7183.

It also has a card that says "Smartphone Complete Essentials" on one side and on the other it says,

"Thank you for your purchase! Install instructions:

1) Go to Avanquest.com/app-pack/#
    2)Enter your website activation code and click Next Step.
    3) Follow the on screen instructions to complete the redemption.

It gives a website activation code.

Beneath that it has three more codes, one for OfficeSuite 1 year personal plan, Password Boss Premium 1 year service, and Workout Trainer Pro+ 3 month service.

Below that it says, www. Avanquest.com/promosupport 888-986-8828
    Mon-Fri 8am-5pm PST

Important notice: Do not contact the device manufacturer for support for this bundle. Instead use the provided contact information.

(End quote)

There's no explicit instructions for activating so the year's service will be added. The Avanquest card sounds like it's offering a software bundle, it doesn't mention the minutes or year's service.

I worry that if I try to activate it using the red card and TF's normal activation number, I won't get the airtime and year's service.

I have heard HSN TF bundles have a special TF number or website address to go to for activation but this phone didn't have any info included about a special number to call.

The e5 came new sealed in a regular TF box with a Bluetooth headset and car charger.

Has anyone activated one of the eBay bundles? How is it done? I only intend to activate with a new number.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Just activate normally using the TracFone site or phone number. The Avanquest stuff is esentially advertising for time-limited free trials of some paid apps.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    There never will be explicit instructions for activating so the year's service will be added with these HSN and QVC bundles. You just get a new-in-box phone with accessories and that Avanquest postcard. Airtime and service days show up after you activate the phone.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like that extra card for "Smartphone Complete Essentials" stuff is just a totally separate bundle of promotional crap you can get like even when you buy a computer. TF activation and airtime have nothing to do with it. Nothing to do with TF. Shouldn't cause any issue with your separate TF activation. I'd just activate the regular TF way.
    Sounds like that stuff in the app bundle is all free stuff you can get on GooglePlay anyway if you want it. I wouldn't trust adding that bundle, you'll get advertisements and other issues.

Feedback Score
    Thank you, yeswap, LG800g user, and rpz1. I went and opened a chat and the e5 activated fine. The CSR said the service PIN was tied to the phone (SIM I think) and the service loaded automatically. Phone worked immediately. Got a good phone number that should be easy to remember. I didn't bother with the promo apps, not sure I want those. Really like the e5.

The UPS driver came early this time instead of after dark like on Saturday. He didn't knock, he left the box on the back stoop and bugged out. I only knew it was there because I got the delivery text alert on my other TF. Good thing a porch bandit didn't find it first!

Feedback Score
    Been setting up the new e5 and hit by a string of security updates. Finally done. Meet the home screen HomeBud. Name:  Screenshot_motoHomeBud.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  42.4 KB

Feedback Score
    I was trying to post and the HoFo app crashed just before I could finish.

I was "reviewing" the free Bluetooth headset that came with the TF Moto e5 bundle. Model HBS-730, brand uncertain.

The neck fit is a little klunky, I had to remove it to see the buttons, but the earbuds fit well.

It works better for phone talk than music, but it was ok on YouTube videos including music. Not high performance but it worked. It paired easily with three of my phones including my ZTE z233vl flip.

I charged it with the e5 charger.

The "disconnected" message was loud compared to the phone sounds.

I've never had a Bluetooth headset before so I have nothing to compare it to except wired earbuds or regular headphones but it was free, so no complaints.

Free is good.

Feedback Score
    The HBS-730 Bluetooth headset is an LG brand. I looked it up and it has some pretty good reviews.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app