Thread: Alcatel myflip signal issues

Device(s)
    Motorola w376g
    Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score

Alcatel myflip signal issues

Hello,

So, I have been having trouble getting signals and making and receiving calls in certain parts of my house. I just noticed this happening recently, and it has never happened before. I've been trying different settings, going into settings --> Network & Connectivity --> cellular & data, and switching carrier on/off, but I am experiencing the same issue.

Is this an issue with the phone itself? I've never had the issue with this phone or any others, and this phone works fine at other locations.

Feedback Score
    It could be a phone problem, or it could be a tower problem. Are there any other phones in your house currently using the same network, and if so, how are they working?

Device(s)
    Motorola w376g
    Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I don't believe they are using the same network, but the only other person's phone works fine through at&t. I'm thinking it may be a problem with the phone, but it works fine in other places.

Feedback Score
    If it works fine in other places, then the phone is OK. The tower in your neighborhood may not be working optimally at the present time. It happens occasionally and should be fixed soon. The phones are quite reliable, but the networks are complicated and occasionally need attention. Sometimes they just get overloaded.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    How long have you had the phone? Could be foilage issues between your house & the tower now that trees are leafing out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    How long have you had the phone? Could be foilage issues between your house & the tower now that trees are leafing out.
    True. That has happened to me while out and about.

Device(s)
    Motorola w376g
    Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Less than two years, I believe. My dad is always telling me to "get a nicer phone," but I doubt it has anything to do with the phone since it works in other areas of my house. is there any settings I can play around with?

Feedback Score
    Go to https://dsweb.tracfone.com/611611/help/

Then check out APN and LTE

Maybe some settings can be adjusted.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What tower carrier are you using? Each tower carrier uses a different band in areas, and each band has a pros and cons like some people have said.

Feedback Score
    If it's just parts of your house that's par for any phone depending on your location. Also tower congestion as stated. I can walk 10 feet in my house and drop a call; or it cuts out while locking to another band.

Device(s)
    Motorola w376g
    Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Not sure what tower it is. If I go to settings --> Network & Connectivity --> cellular & data --->carrier, the options are:

Auto (LTE/WCDMA/GSM)
    Auto (WCDMA/GSM)
    LTE/WCDMA
    WCDMA
    GSM
    LTE

All of them seem kinda spotty lately, even at work.

you can turn automatic on/off, off letting you view available networks

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    You can look at the first six digits of your SIM card number. 890141 is AT&T, 890126 is T-Mobile, and 891480 is Verizon. I have not seen a MyFlip with AT&T SIM unless you SIM swap it. I have mainly seen T-Mobile and Verizon based SIMs.

I know T-Mobile has been working on things to get better coverage and getting 5G coverage in more areas. So they have to reduce the power on the tower or even turn it off. It is so the workers are safe. I have seen new towers pop up for US Cellular and T-Mobile in my area even tho they have not added it to their maps yet.

Then another thing is Verizon could be working their towers to get better LTE coverage since they are going to drop CDMA at the start of 2021. Since this phone is a CDMA-less, CDMA towers should not bug this phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    You can look at the first six digits of your SIM card number. 890141 is AT&T, 890126 is T-Mobile, and 891480 is Verizon. I have not seen a MyFlip with AT&T SIM unless you SIM swap it. I have mainly seen T-Mobile and Verizon based SIMs.
    Only the Simple Mobile version would come with a T-Mobile SIM. AFAIK the other branded ones run on Verizon.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Only the Simple Mobile version would come with a T-Mobile SIM. AFAIK the other branded ones run on Verizon.
    I know that, but I do not know if they do T-Mobile only ZIP codes and etc like they did years ago. With the ZIP codes that I know of here, I only get Verizon only ZIP codes and Verizon/T-Mobile only ZIP code. If I do some hunting, I can find a AT&T only ZIP code.

Device(s)
    Motorola w376g
    Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    After spending some time on the phone and online with tracfone, they are sending me a new sim card. I went through the whole upstairs of my house trying to connect to make a call. I took the sim card out multiple times while calling them on my land line, to the same result.

Do you think a new sim card would solve the issue?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast