Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Alcatel myflip signal issues

Feedback Score
    I know it is a pain when things don't work like in an ideal world. But the cell signal doesn't beam out evenly because it has been "steered" to favor certain directions. So your house may not be in that direction. Antenna physics is complicated.

So it becomes necessary to switch providers and try their coverage patterns. Just one of those things.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    I activated a TF/BYOP/Verizon SIM once recently. As soon as I put it in the phone, the phone automatically started doing things to set itself up with Verizon. It was communicating things, I could tell. I didn't have to do anything. Your phone probably did the same things.
    Dialing *22899 every so often on its own? If so, it should be the first/earliest number in call history.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Dialing *22899 every so often on its own? If so, it should be the first/earliest number in call history.
    Ha ha smartaleck, it just dials something once and doesn't keep a record of it. If you try to repeat it, it ignores you.

Device(s)
    Motorola w376g
    Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I was going to call them on my landline tonight, and make sure I have reception on my cell, and try the *73 thing, but it sounds like it might not help matters much.

I'll try the at&t sim when I get it. I have a lot of target gift cards, so If I had to buy a new phone, I could (I'd have to make sure it works with at&t.) I know I probably don't need to, but if that sim doesn't work, I don't know

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Isn't the *22899 thing a left over from 3G ? I'm on PPC and some of their activation instruction pages have conflicting info (what's new?) . One said not to use it when activating 4G/LTE phones, if you do it may screw things up. A CSR confirmed and said don't use it for 4G. I've never used it to activate a 4G, just old 2G/3Gs. Must dial on it's on ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Isn't the *22899 thing a left over from 3G ? I'm on PPC and some of their activation instruction pages have conflicting info (what's new?) . One said not to use it when activating 4G/LTE phones, if you do it may screw things up. A CSR confirmed and said don't use it for 4G. I've never used it to activate a 4G, just old 2G/3Gs. Must dial on it's on ?
    You are thinking of *22890 and *22891.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clrockny24 View Post
    I was going to call them on my landline tonight, and make sure I have reception on my cell, and try the *73 thing, but it sounds like it might not help matters much.

I'll try the at&t sim when I get it. I have a lot of target gift cards, so If I had to buy a new phone, I could (I'd have to make sure it works with at&t.) I know I probably don't need to, but if that sim doesn't work, I don't know
    A new AT&T-compatible phone is just going to be a repeat of your current AT&T-compatible phone. The phone is not the problem.

Same with Verizon.

You will just have to find the carrier that aims at your house the best. You could give us a general zip code if you want better guidance. Just saying.

You have already given Verizon a fair chance. They are just not for you. Let's see how AT&T does.

Feedback Score
    That's right thanks. Guess I never heard of *22899. Is it still true though that when activating you don't need to enter any * code? It's been awhile since I last activated anything.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    One was for activation and the other to update roaming. I do not remember which is which.

Device(s)
    Motorola w376g
    Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I tried the *73 thing when I was on chat at work yesterday. When I got home, the phone seemed to be working, as i was able to make and receive calls from my bedroom. I'll continue to test and see how it goes.

Device(s)
    Motorola w376g
    Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Received my SIM card kit. Anything specific I should know before setting up?

Feedback Score
    You will be porting your number and balances from Verizon to AT&T. It is highly recommended that you do this where a TF rep can keep an eye on it because things can go wacky. The two carriers do not always communicate properly.

Use Chat and make sure to ask the rep to verify your balances before doing anything. You can also take a screenshot of your account on the website for extra insurance.

Try to avoid nights and weekends because the port might need office help.

Then just ask for your account to be switched to the new SIM. If the rep gives you a problem, hang up and give it another go with another rep. They are not all the same.

Do not use the phone reps. They are trainees and also you need a conversation you can copy/paste. Also a conversation that doesn't have clarity problems.

Device(s)
    Motorola w376g
    Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    So I was just sharing with TracFone online and they told me that the code is not compatible with my phone. When I was on chat with him a few days ago they did say that, but I’m Hearing from you guys that it is compatible so no I’m not sure where I’m at

Feedback Score
    There are two categories of SIM. One of them is for phones that you bring from elsewhere. It's called a Bring-Your-Own-Phone SIM. The other SIM is the one that comes with a Tracfone handset and the SIM-Phone pairing in the computer enables you to certain airtime options. But you can use either SIM in your phone. It's just that if you use a BYOP SIM, you will lose the special airtime options. But they just tell you that you cannot use the SIM at all. That's what it says in their script and they don't know any better.

The SIM you bought is probably a BYOP SIM. But you can ask TF to send you a SIM that is a direct replacement for the SIM that came with your phone. Then it won't be a BYOP SIM. You just need to talk to the right person. You tell them that the Verizon SIM isn't working and you need an AT&T SIM. Make sure your phone is turned off so that a sneaky call will fail.

Call the Miami number and ask for escalated support. Those people can think for themselves and aren't bound to a script. They also have the menus for doing things.

Since you are seeking an AT&T solution, you are dodging a complication related to new Verizon SIMs and the process should be straightforward. But a BYOP SIM can definitely be used in your phone. It just won't get the special airtime options.

The people you talked to are just going by a script. They are made to use a script because they have never actually used Tracfone. It doesn't exist where the call centers are outsourced.

I can understand being apprehensive. But remember that you can always go back to the beginning. Also remember that the members here have tried everything under the sun and have real-world experience.

Just take a deep breath and give it a try.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clrockny24 View Post
    So I was just sharing with TracFone online and they told me that the code is not compatible with my phone. When I was on chat with him a few days ago they did say that, but I’m Hearing from you guys that it is compatible so no I’m not sure where I’m at
    When you say the "code" wasn't compatible. What do you mean by code? Sim or imei?
    Did you make the possible mistake of providing the imei ? Thinking that would really take the CSR down the wrong script.

I'm with PP so don't know TFs online automatic activation options; but from my forum reading, if I understand right, couldn't the OP just add the SIM to their account and activate it as an upgrade or something like that so his balance and number transfers,then just put the sim in the phone ? They wouldn't have the balance confirmation fall back like in chat but they'd be cutting out the CSR hassle.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast