Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Unlimited hotspot device add on?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyorke View Post
    I am using one to provide internet for full house also. It works good for my purposes. I was using amofi prior but with tower upgrades wanted to be able to take advantage of new bands that were added. I've been able to band lock and mailings a pretty consistent 25-30mbps download where as with the mofi I was lucky to get anything over 8mbps dl. I have it connected to my Velop mesh router and I get consistent speeds throughout the house. My only "issue" is occasionally I need to reboot the device. I can do it through the Netgear gui, only problem is I don't have battery in it and it won't restart. I can unplug it from power and plug back in and it restarts no problem.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Hi. How can you band lock AT&T M1 Nighthawk Mifi? I don’t see any option in my mifi settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    There are several threads over on the netgear forums. As I recall you need to connect the m1 to a laptop via USB, telnet into it, and run some special commands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    JSchnee21, thank you for taking heed to my warning.

This type of response is acceptable as it did not go into specific detail and did not have attached internet links. There are other forums that do discuss such topics in much more detail and that's where it belongs.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSchnee21 View Post
    There are several threads over on the netgear forums. As I recall you need to connect the m1 to a laptop via USB, telnet into it, and run some special commands.

Thank you

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    JSchnee21, thank you for taking heed to my warning.

This type of response is acceptable as it did not go into specific detail and did not have attached internet links. There are other forums that do discuss such topics in much more detail and that's where it belongs.
    Sure. Your welcome, I think. IMHO, I don’t really consider band locking to be a taboo subject. Nearly all cellular devices — except those sold in the USA — support it.

But because carriers have a death grip on mobile devices here in the states, it’s in their best interest to prevent it.

Feedback Score
    Sure. Your welcome, I think. IMHO, I don’t really consider band locking to be a taboo subject. Nearly all cellular devices — except those sold in the USA — support it.

But because carriers have a death grip on mobile devices here in the states, it’s in their best interest to prevent it.

Band locking is not a taboo subject. The burden of proof is on the one who would make the any such claim. Anyone who argues otherwise has absolutely no comprehension of how cellular technology works.

There is no jurisdiction on the planet that outlaws it, and it in no way violates any carrier's terms of service. I am willing to change my mind if somebody can provide evidence to the contrary.

In fact, band locking is very comparable to other means of improving one's signal (like cellular boosters, device placement, device selection, etc) and is very much in the spirit of HoFo.

It can be performed with or without root access, so I'll spare whoever decides they will try to cop out with that non-argument.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

The topic thread had nothing to do with band locking in the first place. The issue in question came up in reply #3 and that's when it became an issue of potential fraud and a warning was initially posted.

Feedback Score
    Hot spot device is not allowed.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7t Pro 5G McLaren; iPhone 11 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I believe Verizon is the only carrier that offers Unlimited for mifi hotspots for $20 if you have an unlimited plan tied to phone.. I checked on that with Verizon give I found my mifi in a box and asked AT&T and they told me they do not offer Unlimited on mifi hotspots.. Business care answered that for me from AT&T. Verizon I called to confirm on the $20 /Month as long you have a phone plan that is unlimited it Piggybacks off of!
    OnePlus 7t Pro McLaren 5G (T-Mobile)

iPhone SE Red 128GB (T-Mobile)

LG V60 5G (AT&T)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mofoliar View Post
    I believe Verizon is the only carrier that offers Unlimited for mifi hotspots for $20 if you have an unlimited plan tied to phone.. I checked on that with Verizon give I found my mifi in a box and asked AT&T and they told me they do not offer Unlimited on mifi hotspots.. Business care answered that for me from AT&T. Verizon I called to confirm on the $20 /Month as long you have a phone plan that is unlimited it Piggybacks off of!
    No slow down at all?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    the Verizon lady assured me they do not Throttle for the mifi hotspot plans!

Feedback Score

AT&T Unlimited hotspot device add on?

the Verizon lady assured me they do not Throttle for the mifi hotspot plans!
    Did you get one? And what about their 5g hotspot?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I only have their Mifi 7730L couple years old I think.. I wanting to put it in line so I still have internet when/of if my ATT Fiber ever goes down in my office.. I added the Mifi hotspot to my moms plan give she has Verizon $20 later.

Feedback Score
    I only have their Mifi 7730L couple years old I think.. I wanting to put it in line so I still have internet when/of if my ATT Fiber ever goes down in my office.. I added the Mifi hotspot to my moms plan give she has Verizon $20 later.
    There are 3rd party companies who sell unlimited plans for T-Mobile AT&T and Verizon. I think sprint too but not sure. Not sure if AT&T resellers are based off of their old iPad plan or not and they also cost a bit more as far as all of them. I’ll keep a close eye on this plan Verizon has when Verizon offers 5g in my area. Hopefully by the end of the year.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    There are 3rd party companies who sell unlimited plans for T-Mobile AT&T and Verizon. I think sprint too but not sure. Not sure if AT&T resellers are based off of their old iPad plan or not and they also cost a bit more as far as all of them. I’ll keep a close eye on this plan Verizon has when Verizon offers 5g in my area. Hopefully by the end of the year.

hopefully they still over it..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast