Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Unlimited hotspot device add on?

Feedback Score

AT&T Unlimited hotspot device add on?

I'm thinking about switching from Verizon's Do More plan to an AT&T Unlimited Elite plan with the Signature discount. The only reason I hesitate is the Do More plan allows me to piggyback a MIFI hotspot device on to the plan with 15GB of LTE data (unlimited after that at 600kb/s) for $10 month. Does AT&T have any offers like that? I already have an inactive AT&T hotspot device that I assume I could use. Thanks!

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumCT View Post
    I'm thinking about switching from Verizon's Do More plan to an AT&T Unlimited Elite plan with the Signature discount. The only reason I hesitate is the Do More plan allows me to piggyback a MIFI hotspot device on to the plan with 15GB of LTE data (unlimited after that at 600kb/s) for $10 month. Does AT&T have any offers like that? I already have an inactive AT&T hotspot device that I assume I could use. Thanks!
    Hot-spot devices aren't allowed, but you can use the hotspot device on your phone. I believe the business elite plan allows for individual Hot-spot, but it is more expensive.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hot spot device is not allowed. There are some people that will add a postpaid iPad data plan that is unlimited and use that sim in a hotspot. There some ToS issues with doing that. There are also ways to fix it so the hotspot shows as an iPad.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cyorke View Post
    . There are also ways to fix it so the hotspot shows as an iPad.
    And we shouldn't discuss how to do that in this forum as it would be a violation of Terms of Service. Just sayin......
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    And we shouldn't discuss how to do that in this forum as it would be a violation of Terms of Service. Just sayin......

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    I mean i've stuck my Unlimited & More SIM card in a Netgear Nighthawk, and have not heard anything from AT&T, I know it's not officially supported.. although that line is just used to monitor a security cam at a remote garage I rent space in, so It usually does not go over 1GB of usage.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"
    Sprint: Premium Unlimited (for 100GB hotspot!)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Why should you care if it violates Att’s policy? This is a forum and should be for open talk. Miss the old internet without a bunch of people getting upset about everything for no reason.
    Verizon "The New Unlimited Plan"
    AT&T Unlimited iPad Data
    AT&T 2X Mobley Connected Car UNL Plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey28rb View Post
    Why should you care if it violates Att’s policy? This is a forum and should be for open talk. Miss the old internet without a bunch of people getting upset about everything for no reason.
    Because usually doing what particular poster suggested involves editing an IMEI, which is against the law altogether

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7t Pro 5G McLaren; iPhone 11 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have wondered how the Nighthawk hotspot performs, anyone have any insights?
    OnePlus 7t Pro McLaren 5G (T-Mobile)

iPhone SE Red 128GB (T-Mobile)

LG V60 5G (AT&T)

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mofoliar View Post
    I have one that we use with an Unlimited Plus data only line. It powers our home internet. It's a pretty good little unit. I love the Ethernet out line.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mofoliar View Post
    I am using one to provide internet for full house also. It works good for my purposes. I was using amofi prior but with tower upgrades wanted to be able to take advantage of new bands that were added. I've been able to band lock and mailings a pretty consistent 25-30mbps download where as with the mofi I was lucky to get anything over 8mbps dl. I have it connected to my Velop mesh router and I get consistent speeds throughout the house. My only "issue" is occasionally I need to reboot the device. I can do it through the Netgear gui, only problem is I don't have battery in it and it won't restart. I can unplug it from power and plug back in and it restarts no problem.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumCT View Post
    Speaking of your Mofi on Verizon. Verizon is charging me $20 month. They say that $10 only applies to tablets and Jetpacks. I also have the Do More plan

Feedback Score
    A Jetpack is a MiFi. I have two 8800L’s each is $10 per month with discount. One per line. $20 regular price. 15GB per month, per Jetpack, then hard throttle to 600 kbps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey28rb View Post
    Because making a device appear to be different device to avoid the carrier's Terms of Service is fraud and we don't discuss how to do that in this forum. You can discuss the topic, just don't talk about how to do it.

Most importantly, this is a moderator decision and not up for debate. This forum is open for discussion but there are rules to be followed and all members are bound to those rules.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7t Pro 5G McLaren; iPhone 11 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    I have one that we use with an Unlimited Plus data only line. It powers our home internet. It's a pretty good little unit. I love the Ethernet out line.
    Thank you for your input.. I just picked a V60 5G and port over a line seems to be good, not the best signal compared to T-mobile but data it faster!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast