Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Manhattan NY gets T-Mobile 5G Layer Cake

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Manhattan NY gets T-Mobile 5G Layer Cake

This is going to cost AT&T and Verizon a lot of customers in the Big Apple with a fast 5G network that will even work inside building.

Name:  AF16648B-EACE-48CC-B43F-E4DC33875A4B.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  69.7 KB

https://twitter.com/NevilleRay/statu...36014866419713

Our old buddy Milan just did a speed test. https://twitter.com/milanmilanovic/s...347688454?s=20

Name:  1EE4095C-482D-46D5-92ED-678CC007C478.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  20.9 KB
    Last edited by shilohcane; 05-05-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Just great news. The other carriers won't be able to keep up with these 5G speeds. T-Mobile will leave them in the dust.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Just great news. The other carriers won't be able to keep up with these 5G speeds. T-Mobile will leave them in the dust.
    Well since the AT&T and Verizon cheerleader have decided to claim this board to pump their precious networks, I posted this on their boards. Some how Bentley didn’t like me discussing that T-Mobile awesome NYC Speed test like he spends his day here he attacks T-Mobile network. I guess it is the right thing to help New Yorkers to save money with usable 5G Network that works inside some building with awesome 5G speed.

Maybe I can ask on Verizon when they expect to get a 5G network that is larger than a few downtown blocks plus works inside building... Is Verizon still charging a extra $10 a month to access their almost useless 5G network? Time for all 5G customers to be introduced to the Un-Carrier the new King of 5G nationwide.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    That’s awesome stuff Shilo!

Can’t wait till we get that here in the Greater LA market! I hear we’re on the top 10 list.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    That’s awesome stuff Shilo!

Can’t wait till we get that here in the Greater LA market! I hear we’re on the top 10 list.
    Don’t know about LA but the list was Philadelphia, NYC, Detroit, ST. Louis and can’t remember that last big city. Anyone remember that last city.

Seems like T-Mobile has really used that time during the merger to get everything planned out including building permits. Sure wish I could remember that Verizon Technician in NYC that always claimed on this board it would take T-Mobile two years after the merger to put up 5G in NYC. Now that it took less than 40 days for T-Mobile to Rock NYC with blazing fast 5G all over Manhattan I wonder if he would now give T-Mobile the respect.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Well since the AT&T and Verizon cheerleader have decided to claim this board to pump their precious networks, I posted this on their boards. Some how Bentley didn’t like me discussing that T-Mobile awesome NYC Speed test like he spends his day here he attacks T-Mobile network. I guess it is the right thing to help New Yorkers to save money with usable 5G Network that works inside some building with awesome 5G speed.

Maybe I can ask on Verizon when they expect to get a 5G network that is larger than a few downtown blocks plus works inside building... Is Verizon still charging a extra $10 a month to access their almost useless 5G network? Time for all 5G customers to be introduced to the Un-Carrier the new King of 5G nationwide.
    Do you think T-Mobile will eventually charge $10 more for 5g? I hope not since it’s a nice benefit and allows all plans to access it

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Do you think T-Mobile will eventually charge $10 more for 5g? I hope not since it’s a nice benefit and allows all plans to access it

Nope... Even MVNO Mint Mobile is advertising their customers have 5G. First 5G is cheaper to operate than all the other G’s at least after in equipment is installed which affects all networks. T-Mobile game plan is to be the #1 network in customers and trying to rip people off with add fee charges to use 5G will send new customers to T-Mobile. As far as rural areas T-Mobile is putting 5G in rural places already like West Virginia. How much 5G does Verizon or AT&T now have West Virginia?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X🅂, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Don’t know about LA but the list was Philadelphia, NYC, Detroit, ST. Louis and can’t remember that last big city. Anyone remember that last city.
    Unquoted the nonsense at the bottom of the post.

By chance, where did you see this list? Link?
    - Bentley

AT&T 5G+, Oklahoma City

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This is going to cost AT&T and Verizon a lot of customers in the Big Apple with a fast 5G network that will even work inside building.

Name:  AF16648B-EACE-48CC-B43F-E4DC33875A4B.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  69.7 KB

https://twitter.com/NevilleRay/statu...36014866419713

Our old buddy Milan just did a speed test. https://twitter.com/milanmilanovic/s...347688454?s=20

Name:  1EE4095C-482D-46D5-92ED-678CC007C478.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  20.9 KB
    I guess he was standing very still outside when running this speed test. I read right here on this board that mmWave doesn't work indoors or when you move.

Or maybe it only doesn't work when Verizon does it...

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    I guess he was standing very still outside when running this speed test. I read right here on this board that mmWave doesn't work indoors or when you move.

Pretty sure that's n41 + LTE

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    At -58 RSRP on a brand new network... nice. Now let’s see it at -100 when the iPhone 12 launches in the fall.

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post

Well Elecconnec if you knew anything about 5G then you would know that there are no phones today on the market that can CA mmWave with lower spectrum bands. So that was just n71 and n41 with no mmWave. Happy to educate you on 5G. Until the Qualcomm X60 modem is available mmWave can’t CA with anything low spectrum. So AT&T and Verizon plans to have fast usable 5G with low band spectrum in 2020 isn’t going to work until they have X60 modems in there phones. I almost feel sorry for AT&T and Verizon customers which is why they should switch to T-Mobile the new King of 5G.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well Elecconnec if you knew anything about 5G then you would know that there are no phones today on the market that can CA mmWave with lower spectrum bands. So that was just n71 and n41 with no mmWave. Happy to educate you on 5G. Until the Qualcomm X60 modem is available mmWave can’t CA with anything low spectrum. So AT&T and Verizon plans to have fast usable 5G with low band spectrum in 2020 isn’t going to work until they have X60 modems in there phones. I almost feel sorry for AT&T and Verizon customers which is why they should switch to T-Mobile the new King of 5G.
    Actually I know very little about 5G, and care even less. My post about the speedtest was (supposed to be) a joke.

I'm still not sure what a 5G phone will do for *me* that a 4G LTE phone can't, except give me higher speedtest results that I then could post to make the rest of you get hard, I guess. (And, given that the largest use of high speed data is video streaming, I'm not sure why anyone is exited to use 5G to watch downsampled BingeOn videos. I can't imagine they'll look any better than they do on 4G...)

I browse the web, listen to music, watch videos, use apps and read ebooks on my mobile devices. All of those tasks perform perfectly adequately with LTE (and frankly, perfectly well with UTMS and HSPA, too.) What phone application are *you* chafing at the bit to unleash 5G on, and how will they be better than LTE?

I was a happy T-Mo customer back when they were stuck on EDGE when everyone else had started building 3G, because my priority was value, not speed. I was happy with my fauxG phone when T-Mo lit up LTE, and I'm sure I'll be happy with 5G when I finally get a 5G phone in a few years (whenever $200 mid-rangers have it and I need a new device.) By then I suspect all carriers will have it most everywhere, and speedtest posts like that will be commonplace and passé by then, and you guys will all be breying on about 6G.

If T-Mo really wants to impress me, they could give me coverage at my mother's house in the Providence, RI suburbs that works anywhere other than by a window on the second floor, or they could let me roam domestically for more than a few hours before my generous 200MB roaming data allotment runs out for the month. I'll take a consistent and ubiquitous 1Mbs connection over a 1Gbs connection that works in "up to 10 major cities" any day.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile US, Ericsson announce string of SA 5G achievements

“ T-Mobile US, assisted by Ericsson, has achieved a number of significant milestones for standalone architecture (SA) 5G. In order to achieve this string of firsts, the companies conducted tests in which SA and Non-Standalone 5G devices operated with active sessions at the same time, in the same cell.”

http://www.rcrwireless.com/20200505/...g-achievements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast