Thread: Phoenix getting network upgrade for Sprint users

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Phoenix getting network upgrade for Sprint users

The rumors is that most Sprint uses will start moving over to T-Mobile in area by area across the country faster than expected. This video shows Sprint users getting Carrier Aggregation with band n71, 66 and n41 is connected but doesn’t seem to be active yet. The T-Mobile side isn’t getting all those bands yet since Phoenix is getting a major integration update. T-Mobile is very active in this integration with Sprint network.

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The faster they move over the better network improves.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    The faster they move over the better network improves.
    I agree would love to see the Sprint Customers utilizing the T-Mobile network as soon as possible. However, on the flip side Sprint is really stable in some areas and T-Mobile maybe nearer to capacity, so maybe jumping out of the frying pan into the fire would not be good.It seems like blending the two networks temporarily will be best till they can migrate everyone over to a more T-Mobile centric network and then convert the remaining Sprint Towers.

But this Network Upgrade activity is good to see will assure customers the merger will be successful.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Phoenix was easily one of the worst markets for Sprint, and needs all the help it could get.

The faster they integrate that, the better as T-Mobile had always been solid there (usually more solid than even Verizon)
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"
    Sprint: Premium Unlimited (for 100GB hotspot!)

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This blogger is speed testing all four networks in Phoenix as he confirmed in one of his replies to a comment by another viewer under the video. Phoenix has not got the full 5G upgrade yet with n41. He open up the video saying the tower has had changes recently to the tower equipment. I think he was on the Sprint side before the merger.

Some good speed info here that looks like Sprint has got a little more spectrum than T-Mobile there now since he got 306 Mbps Down on Sprint. 105 Mbps Down on T-Mobile. AT&T had about 103 down but better Up than T-Mobile. Verizon had only 44 Mbps down at that tower in Phoenix.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    This blogger is speed testing all four networks in Phoenix as he confirmed in one of his replies to a comment by another viewer under the video. Phoenix has not got the full 5G upgrade yet with n41. He open up the video saying the tower has had changes recently to the tower equipment. I think he was on the Sprint side before the merger.

Some good speed info here that looks like Sprint has got a little more spectrum than T-Mobile there now since he got 306 Mbps Down on Sprint. 105 Mbps Down on T-Mobile. AT&T had about 103 down but better Up than T-Mobile. Verizon had only 44 Mbps down at that tower in Phoenix.

Verizon has always been congested there. I lived in Phoenix for 9yrs, and Verizon always struggled compared to T-Mobile speed wise, even though they had both the A+B 850MHz carrier along with Band 13.. but that's just due to them having a vast majority market share.

Sprint is very hit or miss, as their grid is not super dense so it's not uncommon to be stuck on PCS/800MHz LTE even outside (I just swapped a few friends over to T-Mobile recently because of 1-2Mbps being common downtown), and T-Mobile has always been decent there. i dropped Verizon like a hot potato when I first moved out there due to verizon being so congested i'd even fully miss phone calls at times and get a voicemail an hour later.