Thread: SaveonTracfone? Anyone heard of this before?

Device(s)
    LG 290C
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

SaveonTracfone? Anyone heard of this before?

Got an email from Tracfone seeking survey feedback. What caught my eye was a banner advertising "Save $200 on Samsung Galaxy S10 series". Thought that was odd as that's not showing on the Tracfone Store. Well, clicked the link and boy was I surprised. This seems to be a site pushing the Affirm payment system, but you can still buy phones outright at full price. What's really interesting is that you can specifically choose on a phone if you want AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon. Also really curious if they all come locked to Tracfone. The sheer number offered is insane!

Anyway, here's the new site:

https://www.saveontracfone.com/Phones/

Tracfone never ceases to amaze me with how many fragmented offerings and redundant, confusing, competing, and obfuscating ways they can find to sell their products.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Saveontracfone.come has been around for a while. Although they use logos of Tracfone companies liberally, I don't think they're a subsidiary of Tracfone. Their web site says "Orders are processed and fulfilled by Quality One Wireless". An Internet search showed they're based in Orlando, FL . They're probably an authorized dealer, like ShopCellDeal once was.

Feedback Score
    From what I can tell, Affirm "sells" all kinds of merchandise. They are basically an interface between retailers and the public. You select what you want, and they arrange for the item to be sent to you. If you want payments, they arrange that as a bank loan through their bank.

So you pick out something, and they get a commission from the supplier plus the interest payments.

I imagine that SaveonTracfone is a mixture of actual Tracfones and other models. I guess it is a collection of phones that will work on Tracfone. I can't see this as being a financially smart way to get a phone, but to each his/her own. I think most people with any sense would look elsewhere for a better deal.

Device(s)
    LG 290C
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Interesting... Yeah not seeing any great phone deals here. But sim cards are 1 cent with free shipping... that's pretty interesting...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Saveontracfone.come has been around for a while. Although they use logos of Tracfone companies liberally, I don't think they're a subsidiary of Tracfone. Their web site says "Orders are processed and fulfilled by Quality One Wireless". An Internet search showed they're based in Orlando, FL . They're probably an authorized dealer, like ShopCellDeal once was.
    The domain Saveontracfone.com is registered to Tracfone Wireless according to WHOIS, so their relation/dependency seems to be more formal than just a dealership/franchise.