Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Q1 2020 Report 5/6/20 at 4:30 EST Web-Link

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile Q1 2020 Report 5/6/20 at 4:30 EST Web-Link

This should be pretty interesting to T-Mobile and Sprint customers. This link has the connection to the meeting today at 4:30pm EST.

https://investor.t-mobile.com/invest...s/default.aspx

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile will continue to nail it. Customer adds and network expansion is at furious pace.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I’m curious to see how many customers signed up for their $15 plan on the prepaid side.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    I forgot this was today. I will be there. I love earnings calls.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I can't believe they are offering something so cheep.

Feedback Score
    I bet it'll be on YouTube to.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I’m curious to see how many customers signed up for their $15 plan on the prepaid side.
    The report is for T-Mo only, Jan - March 2020. IIRC, the $15 prepaids didn't start until April. Sprint reported Jan - March 2020 separately. The first combined report will be for 2Q2020.

Word on the street is that T-Mo will fall below 1 million net new postpaid subscribers for the first time in 27 consecutive quarters. Meh, whatever. That estimate and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

T-Mo will do fine. They have a bright future. I have not heard anything about their plan and progress that seems like they are screwing things up. It's quite the opposite.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Other than the 50 Million new Sprint customers that aren’t included in this report, a lot of Coronavirus affected other net new customers with so many stores closed in March.

Well I am more interested in the merger of the two networks. Hope they give an update on when they deploy SA 5G with DSS. Also, about where they are going with B41/n41 to supplement n71.

Also I know they can’t say but would like to hear the status of the Boost deal with Dish. That was supposed to have closed by now.

Feedback Score

T-Mobile Q1 2020 Report 5/6/20 at 4:30 EST Web-Link

Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Other than the 50 Million new Sprint customers that aren’t included in this report, a lot of Coronavirus affected other net new customers with so many stores closed in March.

Well I am more interested in the merger of the two networks. Hope they give an update on when they deploy SA 5G with DSS. Also, about where they are going with B41/n41 to supplement n71.

Also I know they can’t say but would like to hear the status of the Boost deal with Dish. That was supposed to have closed by now.
    I sure hope they strike a deal to keep using dish 20x20 here in northern NJ . I can’t imagine how much the network will congest if they lose that.

Feedback Score
    I forgot to tune in until 1645. I did catch a few key points.

~3 years to fully deploy 5G. (seems reasonable)

COVID is expected to negatively impact postpaid adds next quarter down to ~100K when they had been a million-plus in many previous quarters. Financials are also expected to take a big hit, but remain profitable. It's expected to be a temporary setback, not a company killer. This will not be unique to T-Mo. Pretty much all business in the country is in the same boat.

Their network building plan is fully funded. (very good)

Fixed wireless broadband is coming, but probably not until next year.

They have hit the ground running post merger and don't expect to slow down. It's great to see good things happening from T-Mo and they are not even my primary carrier (yet).

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    I sure hope they strike a deal to keep using dish 20x20 here in northern NJ . I can’t imagine how much the network will congest if they lose that.
    I'm not sure it's possible. The FCC limited how much T-Mobile, or any carrier, could buy based on their low-band holdings.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I'm not sure it's possible. The FCC limited how much T-Mobile, or any carrier, could buy based on their low-band holdings.
    Hopefully they can lease it like they’ve done with other companies around the country. T-Mobile has 600 MHz leasing deals thru 2023 in certain markets

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    About the only thing I heard about that on the call was they are working with Dish to extend the use of their 600MHz. Plus they have a three year leases on a few spectrum speculators using their 600MHz.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    What is that limit? Especially since Dish is supposed to buy T-Mobile new Band 26 that will free up some low band spectrum space. Most of Dish’s 600 MHz was only 5x5 nationwide except for extra in a few areas that I think were pretty highly urban where 600 MHz is as useful except for building penetration. Dish has to come up with the $5B to buy Boost or it is moot.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    What is that limit? Especially since Dish is supposed to buy T-Mobile new Band 26 that will free up some low band spectrum space. It’s not like most of Dish’s 600 MHz was only 5x5 except in a few areas. Dish has to come up with the $5B to buy Boost or it is moot.
    It was 1/3 of the available low-band (< 1GHz I think) spectrum. The limit at the time of the auction was 40-something MHz. Holding one Cellular license (25 MHz) plus the band-13 (22 MHz) was more than enough to exclude Verizon from most 600 MHz license auctions. T-Mobile currently has as much as 52 MHz of low-band (maybe more in some places) and that's not even counting Sprint's band-26. That would add 14 MHz more bumping it up to 66 MHz but we'll ignore that for now.

Maybe T-Mobile could do some sort of LTE network sharing deal with the other licensees and fly it by the FCC. Never say "never" but I think that if T-Mobile were just allowed to buy those licenses, AT&T and Verizon would justifiably cry "Fowl!" that they were not allowed to bid in the auction.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast