Thread: Tracfone Gave Me 25,000 Extra Mminutes

Feedback Score

Tracfone Gave Me 25,000 Extra Mminutes

I was on the phone with Tracfone trying to get new SIM card to work on a phone with 1800 minutes in account. After an hour of hassle and no fix for new SIM, I checked phone account on website, and there's another 25,000 minutes added. They once gave me 3000 extra minutes, and I called to the them. The Tracfone person just said "Enjoy!" Anybody ever lose 25.000 minutes? I'm getting scared now.
    Last edited by romaparisdoma; 05-11-2020 at 08:18 PM.

Feedback Score
    Anything is possible with TF. I couldn't do that, for that alone I stay away from Slime's companies. Until he buys one out from under me again.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by romaparisdoma View Post
    After an hour of hassle and no fix for new SIM, I checked phone account on website, and there's another 25,000 minutes added.
    Wow! I think that's the biggest TF Lottery Jackpot that anyone ever got.

Feedback Score
    I actually got 27, 847 extra unpaid minutes. I'll see if it holds. I usually report mistakes, but since Tracfone blew me off the first time I reported extra minute mistake, and since I've spent 2 days on the phone with Trac, I'm going to sit back and see what happens. I was going to try Mint but if these minutes hold I would be good until 2031 with my regular usage

Feedback Score
    I actually got 27, 847 extra unpaid minutes. I'll see if it holds. I usually report mistakes, but since Tracfone blew me off the first time I reported extra minute mistake, and since I've spent 2 days on the phone with Trac, I'm going to sit back and see what happens. I was going to try Mint but if these minutes hold I would be good until 2031 with my regular usage
    I thought the SIM wasn't working.

Feedback Score
    The craziest part of it is that unless the service expiration date was extended with the added airtime, would still have to buy service extensions to keep the phone service from expiring. The best way to do it if you don't want more minutes is to buy the 49.99 year's service at the website. If you put something in the shopping cart (plan card, text add on, etc) the service extension should be offered and then delete the plan card from the cart and just buy the extension.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    The craziest part of it is that unless the service expiration date was extended with the added airtime, would still have to buy service extensions to keep the phone service from expiring.
    One of my phones has service date out to 2039. Combining that 27,000+ minutes with my exp date would be perfect

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Wow! I think that's the biggest TF Lottery Jackpot that anyone ever got.
    TF once gave me 115,000 MB of data during a transfer from AT&T to Verizon.

I contacted them by chat to inform them of the mistake. They insisted that I was wrong so I let it go. Some month, like a year, later the extra MB disappeared. Then some months later it came back. Then some months later it disappeared again and remains gone. I am left with about what I paid for so whatever.

I did not contact them about the subtractions since they were a a correction of their mistake.

I was not contacted by TF about any of the subtractions or additions. That is the disturbing part.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    The craziest part of it is that unless the service expiration date was extended with the added airtime, would still have to buy service extensions to keep the phone service from expiring. The best way to do it if you don't want more minutes is to buy the 49.99 year's service at the website. If you put something in the shopping cart (plan card, text add on, etc) the service extension should be offered and then delete the plan card from the cart and just buy the extension.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

My phone is activated through 2022. After that I have to activate

I get a year's activation and minutes on ebay for $40 a year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    TF once gave me 115,000 MB of data during a transfer from AT&T to Verizon.

I contacted them by chat to inform them of the mistake. They insisted that I was wrong so I let it go. Some month, like a year, later the extra MB disappeared. Then some months later it came back. Then some months later it disappeared again and remains gone. I am left with about what I paid for so whatever.

I did not contact them about the subtractions since they were a a correction of their mistake.

I was not contacted by TF about any of the subtractions or additions. That is the disturbing part.

That's what I'm afraid of lol. Easy and easy go. But I still have 3000 "gifted" minutes on another Tracfone. That was 3 years ago.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    I thought the SIM wasn't working.
    Its not. I used a new SIM for T-Mobile. I was on AT&T. The new SIM doesn't work in the phone and now the old one doesn't work. The New SIM works in another unlocked Tracfone phone though.

Now I'm giving up on the old phone and getting a new Samsung (A71) to port over to.

The Tracfone rep was supposed to call me back after a 15 minute break to swap SIM cards. She never called back and I was wondering if she gifted me the extra minutes after hanging me out. Most of the Tracfone people are really nice.

Feedback Score
    Its not. I used a new SIM for T-Mobile. I was on AT&T. The new SIM doesn't work in the phone and now the old one doesn't work. The New SIM works in another unlocked Tracfone phone though.

Now I'm giving up on the old phone and getting a new Samsung (A71) to port over to.

The Tracfone rep was supposed to call me back after a 15 minute break to swap SIM cards. She never called back and I was wondering if she gifted me the extra minutes after hanging me out. Most of the Tracfone people are really nice.
    Yes, they are polite but they don't know anything half the time. So they hang up to escape if they get in a jam.

They also get in trouble if they give you minutes without a really, really good reason. So no chance of getting extra minutes just to be nice.

It sounds like every time they tried to get the system to cooperate, it just added your balance again but didn't make the SIM work. So the balance piled up.

Also, their computer system is not very stable and could easily invent a weird balance. Or your account could get other details messed up.

It depends which tier of support you are using. They have different toolboxes.

Feedback Score
    My phone is activated through 2022. After that I have to activate

I get a year's activation and minutes on ebay for $40 a year.
    What deal are you purchasing there?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brg View Post
    What deal are you purchasing there?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/283448464240

$60 as of right now

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by praz108 View Post
    Remember, there are two listings. But as always with Tracfone, you must determine what they are actually selling.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Pr...YAAOSw791eaTK8