Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: In 2021 T-Mobile will only support VoLTE & 5G for voice calls

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    990
    Feedback Score
    0
    At the end of the day the only thing that should matter is getting cross carrier VoLTE/ HD Voice support between Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,030
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    At the end of the day the only thing that should matter is getting cross carrier VoLTE/ HD Voice support between Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile.
    The problem is all three networks have to cooperate to get that done. Then the FCC can regulate roaming fees between networks. As long as one network has the advantage in coverage they don’t want to be compatible with the other networks.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    990
    Feedback Score
    0
    Domestic roaming shouldn’t be an issue. I don’t really think AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon customers want to roam on each other’s networks. I’m just talking about being able to call someone on one of those other networks and get HD Voice.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,827
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    Domestic roaming shouldn’t be an issue. I don’t really think AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon customers want to roam on each other’s networks. I’m just talking about being able to call someone on one of those other networks and get HD Voice.
    Well, along with HD Voice.. roaming would be fantastic.

    I remember back in the day being able to pay the original AT&T Wireless a few extra bucks a month for the ability to roam on any network.. that was by far my favorite phone as i never needed to worry - it just worked, and worked anywhere there was an AMPS/TDMA/GSM signal. By far... the most reliable service i've ever had - and be more than happy to throw the "new" AT&T or Verizon an extra $20 or so a month to use the other services when the native network does not reach.

    Although, since I swapped back to AT&T as my primary... luckily i've not been sent anywhere for work yet they do not work.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"
    Sprint: Premium Unlimited (for 100GB hotspot!)

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    990
    Feedback Score
    0
    I asked someone who works for AT&T about this. Their response was:

    “Doesn’t that just undermine the whole point of separate companies and competition? Maybe it’s elitism but many may not want the riff raff from other carriers roaming on our network and sucking up all the resources away from our paying customers.”

    I think they were being flippant, but how they said it was pretty funny.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    16,347
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    .....I remember back in the day being able to pay the original AT&T Wireless a few extra bucks a month for the ability to roam on any network.. that was by far my favorite phone as i never needed to worry ...
    That feature gained the old AT&T a lot of customers. It was sort of a game changer. After they introduced their roaming everywhere plan all the other carriers had to follow suit. Until then it was 50˘/min to roam. We changed our Cellular South line over to a nationwide plan that worked on just about every analog/CDMA carrier, except Commnet in south Florida.
    Donald Newcomb

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,827
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    I asked someone who works for AT&T about this. Their response was:

    “Doesn’t that just undermine the whole point of separate companies and competition? Maybe it’s elitism but many may not want the riff raff from other carriers roaming on our network and sucking up all the resources away from our paying customers.”

    I think they were being flippant, but how they said it was pretty funny.
    Which is complete BS, as that's why there are priority levels on the network. They just do not want to need to compete for the same customers, as with reasonable roaming rates provided... the prices would actually drop.

    Although, what i'm paying now even for AT&T is fair (thanks to T-Mobile nonetheless). $130 for two phone unlimited talk/text/data/30GB hotspot... it's actually $10 cheaper than T-Mobile (sans taxes/fees) and more mobile hotspot.. and better domestic coverage (for now)

    Until T-Mobile gets Sprint's 2.5GHz integrated and fixes some of the rural islands of coverage around here it'll remain my secondary SIM and nothing more. BUT i like them to succeed, so i'm fine paying them for a line I do not use much.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-06-2018, 04:27 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2017, 11:07 PM
  3. Bell Will Bell Support VoLTE or Wi-Fi Calling (iPhone 6)?
    By tuffcalc in forum Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Solo
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-16-2014, 07:42 AM
  4. Curve for T-Mobile...will it support 8gb microSDHC?
    By tbonecopper in forum BlackBerry
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 08:43 AM
  5. I guess motorola will only support cingular branded Mpx220's
    By Engine in forum Windows Mobile Standard (Smartphone)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-21-2005, 12:11 AM

Bookmarks