Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Question Inundated by spam texts

Name:  Abraham spam text.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  54.8 KB

Almost daily, I get a text like this, always to someone named Abraham, with links to different shady stuff. I report spam and block the numbers, but always get more from all different numbers with all different area codes.

Does anyone get texts like this, or did someone get a hold of my number?

Thank you.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 with KitKat 4.4.2
    I charge forward recklessly, leaving chaos in my wake.
    Boycott phones that lack microSD storage and removable batteries! Do not allow the user experience to be diminished!
    @moonwolf789

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Clearly your phone # was added to someone's call/SPAM list. You should ask to have your mobile # changed. There is no clear, simple method to end all such calls/messages. Your carrier may have additional tools to try to block unwanted calls/messages. You might also try going to the application store and search for "call blockers".
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Yup, I get this crap on my work phone. Whoever had the number last not only didn't tell anyone they changed their number (not even the power company...), but they also managed to get on a bunch of spam lists. Lately I've been "Laquira" (not the name of anyone I know of who's had the phone in the past and I assume it's just a random name they send to everyone hoping someone bites, as I've gotten texts with other names in the past) and a few times, "Marvin."

Is there a reason providers don't allow blocking text messages according to key word? I cannot, for example, think of any reason whatsoever that I would get a legitimate text message with the word "loan" in it (or "Laquira," for that matter).

And how do these text messages get past Apple's filter that allegedly puts all text messages from people not in my contacts into a separate folder... but doesn't?

(As I said--this is my work phone. I can't change the number {and if I did, would probably have the same issue with the new one because it seems everyone has gotten onto a spam list by now}. I can't spend money on call blockers or download unauthorized apps to the phone.)