Thread: Never used the device payment plan

Feedback Score

Never used the device payment plan

Okay, if I buy a phone on the device payment plan and keep it 60 days until it's unlocked, can someone else use it on their carrier and plan as long as I keep making payments?

I don't know if I'll like the phone or not, so don't want to be stuck for two years with a phone I can't sell or loan to someone.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Would you have another phone to use? I would doubt you could have 2 DPPs on 1 line.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    Okay, if I buy a phone on the device payment plan and keep it 60 days until it's unlocked, can someone else use it on their carrier and plan as long as I keep making payments? I don't know if I'll like the phone or not, so don't want to be stuck for two years with a phone I can't sell or loan to someone. Thanks.
    get the phone paid off first then sell it, save yourself a big headache in case something goes wrong.

Los Angeles or Santa Cruz during the school year
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro, Galaxy S20+, Pixel 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Okay, if I buy a phone on the device payment plan and keep it 60 days until it's unlocked, can someone else use it on their carrier and plan as long as I keep making payments?

I don't know if I'll like the phone or not, so don't want to be stuck for two years with a phone I can't sell or loan to someone.

Thanks.
    Just pay full retail. Activate the phone and wait 60 days. Test it with an AT&T or TMO then sell it

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the advice guys. In answer, I have other devices to use. Full retail is twice the price of paying for it over 24 months with no interest, don't want to pay it off early.

Back to my original question, if I buy a phone on the device payment plan and keep it 60 days until it's unlocked, can someone else use it on their carrier and plan as long as I keep making payments?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Back to my original question, if I buy a phone on the device payment plan and keep it 60 days until it's unlocked, can someone else use it on their carrier and plan as long as I keep making payments?
    Don't forget that if you are on the Device Payment Plan, the calling plan will also need to stay active. If you canceled cellular service on that phone #, you will have to pay the full balance of the phone at once, not in installments.

For example, I was with Sprint and at the first of May, I ported to T-Mobile. I was required to pay the phone balance and my last statement on Sprint in full.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Don't forget that if you are on the Device Payment Plan, the calling plan will also need to stay active. If you canceled cellular service on that phone #, you will have to pay the full balance of the phone at once, not in installments.

For example, I was with Sprint and at the first of May, I ported to T-Mobile. I was required to pay the phone balance and my last statement on Sprint in full.
    Thanks. I bought the new iPhone SE today at Walmart for $10.37 month. What I didn't know is that I can pay it off in a few days for the reduced price. I thought that if I paid it off early, I lost the subsidy. It's a $450 phone and the payoff is $250.

I have no plans of paying it off or changing carriers or plans. I just didn't want to see the phone go to waste if I didn't like it. So far, I like it. It is the perfect size.