Thread: Winning the rural coverage war over duopoly? Your thoughts

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Winning the rural coverage war over duopoly? Your thoughts

As the title said. I think in two years they will surpass att and maybe verizon in five . All that sprint spectrum can not stay idle forever.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Technically it isn't a "Duopoly" when Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, At&t (and possibly DISH later) are all still in the game and operate independently still. I am aware that on paper the T-Mobile/Sprint merger was official in April of this year.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Rah! Rah! Go team! So, who declared a "war", anyway? Why even bother starting a thread like this?
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score

Winning the rural coverage war over duopoly? Your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Rah! Rah! Go team! So, who declared a "war", anyway? Why even bother starting a thread like this?
    I agree
    It’s crazy and threads like these probably end up with tons of arguments

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Here is the dictionary definition:

duopoly
    [d(y)o͞oˈäpəlē]
    NOUN
    a situation in which two suppliers dominate the market for a commodity or service.
    There are more than 2 cellular providers so there is no "Duopoly". In addition to the main providers (Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, At&t) there are dozens of prepaid/MVNO providers as well as local/regional carriers. Not the same thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    As the title said. I think in two years they will surpass att and maybe verizon in five . All that sprint spectrum can not stay idle forever.
    There is a war if we are speaking about "rural" coverage. T-Mobile/Sprint have not done very well at that. What Sprint spectrum is going to change that? I would not bank on Band 41 to get very far (literally), unless they build a lot more towers. Rural around here means lots of hills and forests to deal with.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Here is the dictionary definition:

There are more than 2 cellular providers so there is no "Duopoly". In addition to the main providers (Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, At&t) there are dozens of prepaid/MVNO providers as well as local/regional carriers.
    Since AT&T and Verizon have a combined market share of about 2/3 of the market, some would consider that is a domination and thus would meet the definition of duopoly provided above.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Read this tonight.;

When Sievert arrived at T-Mobile, it had about 12% market share and now it’s a 30% market share incumbent.“ https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...-summer-sunset

Since T-Mobile has got the only 5G Network that works inside building in New York City and Philadelphia with Detroit, St. Louis and Columbus are in th process of adding 5G B41 followed by 1000 overlays a month that is increasing to 5,000 overlays a month it won’t be long to pass one of either AT&T or Verizon or both in customers. Wait I almost forgot that AT&T is selling 1.1 million of their customers and network in Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands very soon to pay down their massive debt.

Can you smell what T-Mobile has cooking with the best 5G coverage nationwide?

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    I agree
    It’s crazy and threads like these probably end up with tons of arguments
    The att faithful claim arguments start with these threads but yet are the one causing all the problems. Nobody asked you to chime in this thread. The discussion is rural coverage deployment. Thankfully Shilohcane and Jet actually discuss the thread topic instead of thread jacking.

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Read this tonight.;

When Sievert arrived at T-Mobile, it had about 12% market share and now it’s a 30% market share incumbent.“ https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...-summer-sunset

Since T-Mobile has got the only 5G Network that works inside building in New York City and Philadelphia with Detroit, St. Louis and Columbus are in th process of adding 5G B41 followed by 1000 overlays a month that is increasing to 5,000 overlays a month it won’t be long to pass one of either AT&T or Verizon or both in customers. Wait I almost forgot that AT&T is selling 1.1 million of their customers and network in Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands very soon to pay down their massive debt.

Can you smell what T-Mobile has cooking with the best 5G coverage nationwide?
    Good read thank you. T-Mobile has hit the floor running and is unstoppable. At the rate 5G is being developed I will upgrade very soon.

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    The att faithful claim arguments start with these threads but yet are the one causing all the problems. Nobody asked you to chime in this thread. The discussion is rural coverage deployment. Thankfully Shilohcane and Jet actually discuss the thread topic instead of thread jacking.
    I actually have a T-Mobile and like it so no need to jump all over me. Just about everyone you post to is causing all the problems in your mind except for you. People here just want peace for a change

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Tell you what. I’m going to lock this thread, instead of banning more of you who can’t seem to get past this childish ********. If you carry it over into other threads, I won’t be giving warnings.

Thread closed.

Become a Premium Member or Advertiser here!
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.