Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Handsets compatible with entire post merger network?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    14
    Device(s)
    Shadow 2009
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Handsets compatible with entire post merger network?

    Are there any handsets currently available that will be compatible with the entire Sprint plus TMobile merged network, or should I stick with Google Fi to get coverage from both networks?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,483
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BerMM View Post
    Are there any handsets currently available that will be compatible with the entire Sprint plus TMobile merged network, or should I stick with Google Fi to get coverage from both networks?
    There a tons of devices. S9/+, note 9,S10/+ note10/+, pixel 3,4, LG G 7,8 some of the V line up, iPhones. S20 also

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    19,292
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just migrated from Sprint to T-mobile with my existing handsets. I use a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and the other line on my plan is an original iPhone SE with no difficulty. All features work just fine. Both devices fully support VOLTE and correct carrier frequencies on both networks.
    Just another day in paradise.....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,483
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    I just migrated from Sprint to T-mobile with my existing handsets. I use a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and the other line on my plan is an original iPhone SE with no difficulty. All features work just fine. Both devices fully support VOLTE and correct carrier frequencies on both networks.
    Yep. I've used my Boost S8 on boost first then metro then sprints. I have bought the S9+ and my current S10+ factory unlocked any used it on both

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    216
    Device(s)
    Samsung Note 10+ 5G, Samsung Galaxy S10 (G9730), Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    0
    you can use gsmarena's handy phone finder to narrow down frequencies. careful though, you have to get the right variant of a phone or you'll be missing bands (i.e. don't trust that an international version will have all you need).

    an easy choice is Google's Pixels since they are meant for T-Mobile and Sprint networks. but these have no 5G as of yet.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,030
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BerMM View Post
    Are there any handsets currently available that will be compatible with the entire Sprint plus TMobile merged network, or should I stick with Google Fi to get coverage from both networks?
    There isn’t one phone on the market until the Qualcomm X60 modem in 2021 is available that will give customers the ability to connect mmWave with Sub-6GHz spectrum using Carrier Aggregation to connect T-Mobile’s LayerCake network.

    The Samsung S20 Ultra 5G is the best phones at this point that does all of Sprint & T-Mobile spectrum but just can’t do CA between mmWave and Sub6-GHz.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    16,333
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by phelme View Post
    .... careful though, you have to get the right variant of a phone or you'll be missing bands (i.e. don't trust that an international version will have all you need). ...
    I like that search function but it needs to be approached with caution. For instance, search for a dual-SIM phone with band-71 and you'll get 41 "hits" many of which have two versions: The single SIM US version with band-71 and the dual-SIM Euro version without band-71.
    Donald Newcomb

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    973
    Feedback Score
    0

Similar Threads

  1. Huawei Andriod handset compatable with Metro
    By The_Sweeper in forum MetroPCS
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 05:17 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2006, 05:08 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 12:13 PM
  4. Post Merger Network Selection??
    By mendel in forum AT&T
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-20-2004, 11:38 PM
  5. Nextel Handset Compatability With Boost SIM
    By daftgem in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 02:01 AM

Bookmarks