Thread: Handsets compatible with entire post merger network?

Device(s)
    Shadow 2009
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

Handsets compatible with entire post merger network?

Are there any handsets currently available that will be compatible with the entire Sprint plus TMobile merged network, or should I stick with Google Fi to get coverage from both networks?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BerMM View Post
    Are there any handsets currently available that will be compatible with the entire Sprint plus TMobile merged network, or should I stick with Google Fi to get coverage from both networks?
    There a tons of devices. S9/+, note 9,S10/+ note10/+, pixel 3,4, LG G 7,8 some of the V line up, iPhones. S20 also

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just migrated from Sprint to T-mobile with my existing handsets. I use a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and the other line on my plan is an original iPhone SE with no difficulty. All features work just fine. Both devices fully support VOLTE and correct carrier frequencies on both networks.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    I just migrated from Sprint to T-mobile with my existing handsets. I use a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and the other line on my plan is an original iPhone SE with no difficulty. All features work just fine. Both devices fully support VOLTE and correct carrier frequencies on both networks.
    Yep. I've used my Boost S8 on boost first then metro then sprints. I have bought the S9+ and my current S10+ factory unlocked any used it on both

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 10+ 5G, Samsung Galaxy S10 (G9730), Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    you can use gsmarena's handy phone finder to narrow down frequencies. careful though, you have to get the right variant of a phone or you'll be missing bands (i.e. don't trust that an international version will have all you need).

an easy choice is Google's Pixels since they are meant for T-Mobile and Sprint networks. but these have no 5G as of yet.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BerMM View Post
    There isn’t one phone on the market until the Qualcomm X60 modem in 2021 is available that will give customers the ability to connect mmWave with Sub-6GHz spectrum using Carrier Aggregation to connect T-Mobile’s LayerCake network.

The Samsung S20 Ultra 5G is the best phones at this point that does all of Sprint & T-Mobile spectrum but just can’t do CA between mmWave and Sub6-GHz.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phelme View Post
    .... careful though, you have to get the right variant of a phone or you'll be missing bands (i.e. don't trust that an international version will have all you need). ...
    I like that search function but it needs to be approached with caution. For instance, search for a dual-SIM phone with band-71 and you'll get 41 "hits" many of which have two versions: The single SIM US version with band-71 and the dual-SIM Euro version without band-71.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score