Thread: T-Mobile CEO Mike Sievert says T-Mobile and Sprint brand unification will happen mid-summer

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile CEO Mike Sievert says T-Mobile and Sprint brand unification will happen mid-summer

https://www.tmonews.com/2020/05/t-mo...-mike-sievert/

In the days after T-Mobile and Sprint closed their merger, new T-Mobile CEO Mike Sievert teased that he was planning to unify the two brands sometime this summer. Now he’s shed a bit more light on those plans.

Speaking during the JP Morgan Global Technology, Media and Communications Conference this week, Sievert said that T-Mobile has moved its unification plans from early summer to mid-summer due to the coronavirus pandemic. He added that no exact date has been set yet.

“This is when we will essentially be advertising one flagship postpaid T-Mobile brand as well as operating a unified fleet of retail, and the retail piece is why we slowed down just a little bit,” the T-Mobile CEO explained.

As for what T-Mobile plans to do once its unified the T-Mo and Sprint brands into one, Sievert said that they intend to do more of what has gotten them to where they are, but now with the advantages of scale. “How we’ve presented value propositions is something I feel we’re the best at,” adding that it’s about listening to customers and solving things that frustrate them as well as giving them value for what they pay for.
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 16 Years.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's probably one of their easiest changes, but I'm seeing 25 all over the place already.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloTF View Post
    It's probably one of their easiest changes, but I'm seeing 25 all over the place already.
    Remember that "band-25" does not imply "PCS-G". Seeing band-25 on a phone can just be a MFBI running on blocks A-F.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloTF View Post
    While the network unification is important for coverage and service, the article cited by the OP is about branding- i.e. when T-Mo will rename and repaint the Sprint stores magenta, and stop using the Sprint brand in marketing and advertising; not when T-Mo will complete unification of the networks.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    While the network unification is important for coverage and service, the article cited by the OP is about branding- i.e. when T-Mo will rename and repaint the Sprint stores magenta, and stop using the Sprint brand in marketing and advertising; not when T-Mo will complete unification of the networks.

Exactly!

T-Mobile execs have estimated that complete unification of T-Mobile and Sprint's networks would take 3 years. However, rebranding Sprint stores to T-Mobile magenta, and stopping the use of the Sprint brand in marketing/advertising will be done fast, quickly, and easily by late summer/early fall.

Sprint branding will be removed from customer bills in late summer/early fall.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...ummer.2236018/

"Retail stores will be T-Mobile branded with Sprint's name removed, and the Sprint branding will also be removed from things like customer bills."
    Last edited by trees12; 05-15-2020 at 01:15 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    https://youtu.be/qFXp22mNHfk

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post

Good call out on me. It was a complete mis-read on my part. I'll own that.