Thread: Motorola Edge+ 5G c-band

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Motorola Edge+ 5G c-band

Did anyone else notice that the new edge plus supports n77 and N78 as Verizon describes it in the tech spec section. That’s the designated 5G band for c-band spectrum.

When you combine the advertised tech specs along with Verizon’s comments in recent articles on CBRS (Verizon only appears to show modest interest) and c-band (which Verizon seems very interested in) it’s a very interesting picture.

I’m wondering is Verizon is just going to go in light on the CBRS auction on only get 20 or 40 MHz and keep it for 4G only and then bid very heavily on C-band and use it all for 5G.

This is just a guess but IMO Verizon doesn’t want to associate 5G with slow speeds and that may be why they are so hesitant to use DSS on a large scale (although I know it’s coming in the future). With that approach they could use n5 and n2 for large area 5G coverage, n77-n78 for fast coverage over large area and still use mmWave spectrum for the super dense areas for hyper fast speeds. Then use a smaller chunk of the licensed CBRS spectrum to bolster 4G.

Feedback Score
    The number of bands this phone supports (and the sad state of affairs that is RF fragmentation in the USA) is just mind blowing.

So many tiny little slivers of spectrum. This is getting really unsustainable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSchnee21 View Post
    The number of bands this phone supports (and the sad state of affairs that is RF fragmentation in the USA) is just mind blowing.

So many tiny little slivers of spectrum. This is getting really unsustainable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I definitely agree. So many small slivers of spectrum compared to big wide bands.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo