Thread: VoLTE with AT&T

Feedback Score

VoLTE with AT&T

I don't understand why I've heard other android users on ST AT&T (such as OnePlus) have VoLTE and yet on my Pixel 3a with Straight Talk I have no such option. The lady on the chat told me they aren't offering it through ST AT&T which is obviously false since others have it.

I ordered a new SIM hoping the new card is provisioned for it but I honestly might go to AT&T prepaid because they now have it. It's 2020 and a bit ridiculous that I can't get HD voice.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    i have AT&T prepaid and still no VoLTE or WIFI calling on my unlocked moto G5s plus factory unlocked. cricket wireless has both VoLTE & WIFI calling.

Feedback Score
    Hmm. Then I think that could mean it's a device issue. I know some devices from certain services haven't approved it yet. I'm imagining the Moto hasn't been approved by AT&T.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    From what I have understand, VoLTE outside of AT&T, Cricket, and Consumer Cellular is very hit or miss.

Device(s)
    A71 5G, Pixel 3aXL, Moto G7 Power/E6/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    It is very confusing how AT&T is activating VoLTE on its MVNOs. They seem to be slowly whitelisting various IMEIs per MVNO. I had been using a Tracfone AT&T SIM in a Pixel 3aXL also, but couldn't get VoLTE. Last month, I happened to put the SIM in a Straight Talk Moto G7 Optimo Maxx and when I turned on WiFi, it wanted to set-up WiFi-calling (and enabled VoLTE)!

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    I have a many-years-old ST ATT SIM that won't do VoLTE, but as a test, I got a new ST ATT SIM and activated a new line of service on it. VoLTE seems to work with this new SIM even if I put it in an "unsupported" (not-whitelisted-by-ATT) phone model. Granted, I had to root, patch, and properly configure the software on that phone to make the phone even willing to try to establish VoLTE connection, but it does work. It's been nearly 2 weeks that that SIM has been in that phone, and VoLTE has not stopped working (so whatever "IMEI sweepers" ATT is rumored to operate haven't caught this account).

Haven't managed to quite figure out the VoWiFi side yet...from what I understand, based on what I have done, it *should* be working as well (populated the correct parts of the baseband config with ATT ePDG connection details, etc.), but the phone never even tries to do a DNS lookup to reach ATT's servers over my Wi-Fi network.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    I now have both VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling working on a ST ATT SIM. It also continues to work if I move that SIM from a "whitelisted" ATT phone into one that ATT does not officially support but that I have software-patched to enable the feature(s). As far as I can tell, ATT IMEI sweeps don't happen to (all) ATT MVNOs.

Feedback Score
    I recently bought an unlocked Moto G Power (from Motorola) to use on my AT&T post paid account. VoLTE and the AT&T call protect app that requires HD Voice worked out of the box. Sadly no WIFI Calling.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk