Thread: Renewal of Net10 Ebay 5gb annual plan and switch carrier SIM

Feedback Score

Renewal of Net10 Ebay 5gb annual plan and switch carrier SIM

I have the 5gb monthly plan that I bought on Ebay for $239 plus tax last year. I am within 90 days of it expiring and I was wondering if I can renew it again by buying another 12 month plan off of Ebay. At one time it had dropped under $200 + taxes for the year. How soon do I have to renew service after buying it on Ebay since it is from the NET10 Ebay page.
    I would also like to switch over to TMobile from Verizon as Verizon isn't too reliable at my work site. My phone is compatible with Tmobile as I did a check tonight on TMobile IMEI checker.

Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I recommend doing a chat with N10 CS and ask if you can enter the airtime ahead and it would go into a queue to be used when the present plan runs out. Not sure how long N10 airtime is good after purchase. With Tracfone, it is a year, but some have gone well past a year and the pin was still accepted and the airtime applied. I am not experienced with changing service providers with N10, but Tracfone has one type of SIM for branded phones and another type for BYOP`s. But if you can get a SIM activated either type actually works even though Tracfone/N10 wants it done by their rules. Maybe someone else can give a better answer. But at least let us know what phone model and brand you are using. Might be a good idea to give a direct link to the airtime at the N10 e-Bay store

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    I recommend doing a chat with N10 CS and ask if you can enter the airtime ahead and it would go into a queue to be used when the present plan runs out. Not sure how long N10 airtime is good after purchase. With Tracfone, it is a year, but some have gone well past a year and the pin was still accepted and the airtime applied. I am not experienced with changing service providers with N10, but Tracfone has one type of SIM for branded phones and another type for BYOP`s. But if you can get a SIM activated either type actually works even though Tracfone/N10 wants it done by their rules. Maybe someone else can give a better answer. But at least let us know what phone model and brand you are using. Might be a good idea to give a direct link to the airtime at the N10 e-Bay store
    I have a Moto G6 Play and here is the link for the Ebay deal: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Net10-Prepa...r=584538372353

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Most of what I said above doesn`t apply.
    I see the airtime is preloaded on what appears to be the N10 BYOP SIM you chose. With Tracfone, they do not ask for the IMEI of the phone when activating a T-Mobile or AT&T BYOP SIM. If N10 is the same there will be no problem switching to T-Mobile service. But if the G6 Play is N10 branded they may not let you use a BYOP SIM in it, so never let on if it is N10 branded rather than a BYOP.

Since the airtime is preloaded on a SIM you can not put it in a queue because it appears you are activating new service rather than adding airtime.
    A similar Tracfone offer would never give a definitive last date it could be used. You might want to observe the e-Bates guarantee period which I believe is 30 days. Best of luck catching a sale near the time you need the service for another year.

Maybe someone using that airtime will see your post and advise you. But not many N10 owners post here.

Feedback Score
    That listing has a selection in the drop-down menu for Renewal/Existing SIM.

Although I've never done it, Customer Service should easily be able to tell you if you can move to a BYOP SIM in the middle of a yearly plan. (I would expect no problem.)

You could swap to a BYOP T-Mobile SIM, and then a while later add the refill from the Ebay. Or reverse the order.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    That listing has a selection in the drop-down menu for Renewal/Existing SIM.

Although I've never done it, Customer Service should easily be able to tell you if you can move to a BYOP SIM in the middle of a yearly plan. (I would expect no problem.)

You could swap to a BYOP T-Mobile SIM, and then a while later add the refill from the Ebay. Or reverse the order.
    So I went NET10 support and did a chat session no luck there because it was a different level of chat support. I then wrote on the ebay contact seller and received a message back saying that the annual plan I have is only a promo plan and not up for renewal even though there is a option for renewal. I do not see it anywhere on the page.
    I did a another chat and was told the same thing.
    Sounds like if I buy it for the annual plan that it won't be activated.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I did an online chat and they said I could buy another 1 year from E-bay and apply it to my existing account. Has anyone done this yet?

Feedback Score
    It seems like the following should work.

Contact support now and tell them you need to switch your existing plan from Vzw to T-Mobile due to service issues. Go through whatever process that requires.

Then, purchase the plan at https://www.ebay.com/itm/Net10-Prepa...r=584538372353 when it goes on sale, or when timing requires it, using the Renewal / Existing SIM option, and apply it to your line.