Thread: Can I use any Tracfone or PagePlus SIM card in this Alcatel MyFlip?

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket 500/500/500 plan at $10/mo
    Feedback Score

Can I use any Tracfone or PagePlus SIM card in this Alcatel MyFlip?

It's been asked an answered a dozen times here, but I just want to make sure. And maybe somebody else out there will benefit. I purchased a refurbished Alcatel MyFlip on eBay to have on hand next time a client needs one. It didn't come with a SIM card, just the phone. There was the red START HERE form inside the box.

Name:  Tracfone.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  24.8 KB

Obviously there was at one time a SIM card connected to this IMEI. If I try to activate the phone with another Tracfone SIM card, or better still PagePlus since they have better paygo rates, is that going to be an issue? I had this problem before with another Tracfone, but the CSR gave me an unlock code that worked.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    Obviously there was at one time a SIM card connected to this IMEI. If I try to activate the phone with another Tracfone SIM card, or better still PagePlus since they have better paygo rates, is that going to be an issue? I had this problem before with another Tracfone, but the CSR gave me an unlock code that worked.
    If you have another Tracfone SIM card, or better still a PagePlus SIM, put it into the phone and power it on. If it says "Unregistered SIM", then the phone is still paired to its previous SIM, contact TF to have it paired with your SIM. If it says something like "SIM not provisioned", then that SIM will work once it's activated with some time units/service days.

Feedback Score
    Refurbished by who? Maybe it's still locked. Always get the imei from a private ebay seller and check it before buying.

Keep in mind you can use a TF/vzw sim to activate on PP. You don't need a PP sim.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    You are the second person recently to announce a missing SIM with a refurbished phone. The red activation card should be the current one put there by the company that did the refurbishing. It makes one wonder the location of the SIM whose s/n is listed on the red card.

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket 500/500/500 plan at $10/mo
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. If I have any issues I'll post back.