Thread: AT&T MVNO with unlimited data

Feedback Score

AT&T MVNO with unlimited data

After running multiple tests at home and work, I have found that AT&T is the only carrier that works in every place I normally am. With that being said, I am looking for a low cost solution that has unlimited data (does not have to be fast but needs to be at least 128kbps.

What all is out there these days?

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Well AT&T prepaid unlimited Plus plan is $50 with autopay (current promo).

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdogg32901 View Post
    After running multiple tests at home and work, I have found that AT&T is the only carrier that works in every place I normally am. With that being said, I am looking for a low cost solution that has unlimited data (does not have to be fast but needs to be at least 128kbps.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=at%26t+mvno+with+unlimited+data

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score

There's a webapp for that. You didn't mention talk and text so I ran the numbers without them. Use the link in my sig if your needs are different.

Cheapest month to month is Black Wireless $15/month 200 minutes, 200 texts, 500 MB high speed data, unlimited 2G data. Also available as an annual plan for $135/year ($11.25/month.)

Cheapest multi-month is the preloaded Unreal Mobile 3 month SIM from Target or BestBuy. $19.99 ($6.66/month) for 1 GB high speed data per month and unlimited 2G, no real talk and text (use their VoIP app or Google Voice). I recommend not giving Unreal a credit card to avoid unexpected charges, which they are notorious for. When the 3 months is up, throw the SIM away and get a new one.
    Last edited by Yeswap; 05-17-2020 at 05:31 PM.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Do any of these cheap plans mentioned include Hotspot? Thinking about getting a cheap plan for the cabin to run some plugs and a camera. I'm almost thinkin that 1 or 2 gigs per month would get the job done.

Feedback Score
    i dont need talk or text as i would run it on my F1 as a second SIM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Do any of these cheap plans mentioned include Hotspot? Thinking about getting a cheap plan for the cabin to run some plugs and a camera. I'm almost thinkin that 1 or 2 gigs per month would get the job done.
    AT&T prepaid has a plan that has 2GB of high speed data that when used up is reduced to 128kbs for $35 per month $30 w/autopay & has mobile hotspot - https://www.att.com/prepaid/

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    One of the cheapest AT&T based plans that would work in a hotspot is probably Freedompop 1gig or 5gig yearly plan. I think total cost works out to 3$ or 8$ per month. Not really meant for heavy data use, it will cut off when you reach your limit. But it's full-speed AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    One of the cheapest AT&T based plans that would work in a hotspot is probably Freedompop 1gig or 5gig yearly plan.
    Not sure if the 5 Gb yearly plan is still available? It took a good month for mine to ship from Best Buy earler this year & now I can't find that plan anywhere on the internet. . . .

Feedback Score
    I need the low speed after the high speed cuts off

Feedback Score
    I need the low speed after the high speed cuts off
    Technically, it sounds like what you are looking for is a plan with a high speed data cap and unlimited throttled data. A true unlimited data plan is unlimited and subject to deprioritization during times of congestion and reasonable use.

How much high speed data do you want? Do you need some minimum of talk and text? Do you need hotspot?

All the info you need is at:

https://prepaidcompare.net/

There are only a few providers of such plans. Which one appeals to you depends on the answers to the questions above.

The AT&T Prepaid $15/2GB plan is a pandemic special deal. It is not guaranteed to continue at that price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Not sure if the 5 Gb yearly plan is still available? It took a good month for mine to ship from Best Buy earler this year & now I can't find that plan anywhere on the internet. . . .
    Yeah. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/freedom...?skuId=6296211 now shows:
    FreedomPop - 12-Month Prepaid 3-in-1 LTE SIM Card Kit
    Model:FPLTESIMVD12MO5SKU:6296211
    This item is no longer available in new condition.
    That's too bad. It was a really good deal for 5GB/mo AT&T LTE data for 12 months. It was often on sale for $119.99.

1GB/mo AT&T LTE data for 12 months is still available at https://www.bestbuy.com/site/freedom...?skuId=6187400 1GB/mo annual plan is still available from BB, but it's not on sale. $49.99 is still not bad, but it is $34.99 from time to time.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FreedomPop-...t/254597889782 currently has the FP 1GB/mo AT&T LTE data for 12 months for $39.99, but I'm not familiar with that seller.