Thread: Can you transfer Tracfone Bundle Account to BYOP SIM after 1 year?

Feedback Score

Can you transfer Tracfone Bundle Account to BYOP SIM after 1 year?

So I bought the Moto E5 bundle with the 1-year 1200/1200/1200 plan. After 1-year, can I transfer that Tracfone account to a BYOP SIM? I'm using AT&T, and I believe the Moto E5 using a Verizon SIM.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Despite what TF says about bundled time not transferrable, you can transfer it to another phone SIM even the next day.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Despite what TF says about bundled time not transferrable, you can transfer it to another phone SIM even the next day.
    How does that effect being able to unlock the bundle phone after a year?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    How does that effect being able to unlock the bundle phone after a year?
    For the purpose of unlocking, when you transfer service out of the original SIM the timer stops.

Feedback Score
    What if you aren't getting good coverage with Verizon? Is there a way to use the phone with AT&T for a year and then get it unlocked? If you ask them to link the phone's serial number to the AT&T sim will that work?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by supercoupondude View Post
    What if you aren't getting good coverage with Verizon? Is there a way to use the phone with AT&T for a year and then get it unlocked? If you ask them to link the phone's serial number to the AT&T sim will that work?
    If you can convince a rep that Verizon coverage at your location is poor and get the rep to send you an AT&T SIM, and pair it with the phone, then the phone should get credit for time-in-service toward unlocking. I don't know how well TF system is set up for that, and when the original Verizon SIM is replaced with an AT&T, whether the counter resumes counting or it'll start over from zero. Best to chat with a couple of reps and see what they say.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by supercoupondude View Post
    It is so much easier if you decide you do not really need it unlocked.
    Order the $1 BYOP SIM kit and activate the AT&T SIM with a transfer of service from the Verizon SIM.
    Tracfone never asks you in what phone you will use the BYOP AT&T SIM (or T-Mobile). They do with Verizon.
    Tracfone will not allow you using a BYOP SIM in a branded Tracfone... so AT&T or T-Mobile is the only easy workaround.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Ke...MAAOSwVBVb02o4

Feedback Score
    I already did upgrades using $29.99 AT&T sims and I'm getting much better coverage than with Verizon. If I can't unlock the phone that is fine, but it would be nice to do things in such a way that I might be able to unlock the phone after a year. I'd be curious to hear from anyone who has ever been able to unlock with anything other than the original sim.