Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any MVNO that does ATT

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    I thought the op was asking for paygo plans. Red pocket is not paygo.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app
    The OP started that way, presumably to get a cheaper minimum monthly cost. When someone suggested the $5/RP plan, the OP said that looked interesting. I presume the OP has nothing against a non-paygo plan, as long as the monthly cost is in the same range.

The RP $5 plans are probably a much better value for most users than the $3.33/month Paygo H2O plan for not a lot more money.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    One reason why people are of the mindset to go to paygo is because they want to only be charged for minimal use and have the balance rollover.

Monthly plans expire the unused portion after the month is over and for some people that's a waste they can't bear no matter how minuscule.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    One reason why people are of the mindset to go to paygo is because they want to only be charged for minimal use and have the balance rollover.

Monthly plans expire the unused portion after the month is over and for some people that's a waste they can't bear no matter how minuscule.

Fair enough. OTOH, it also can be a trap. I kept a PagePlus plan I didn't need for far too long because I couldn't bear to let my unused balance expire. So what did I do? I kept throwing another $10 needlessly on the pile every 4 months!

The best thing that ever happened to that balance was the time I finally forgot to renew it, and "lost" the $130 I was never going to use anyway (as evidenced by how large the balance had grown after years of $10 refills!)

So, did I really really "lose" $130? Not really- my PagePlus line was a rural backup for my T-Mo postpaid line, so I look at it like insurance: do I "lose" money on fire insurance each month my house doesn't burn down?

I was paying PagePlus $2.50/month for backup phone service for when my T-Mo service didn't work. The problem was the false economy of *continuing* to pay it when I no longer needed it. (I'd already transitioned to free FreedomPop lines as backups, but kept paying PagePlus to preserve the balance.) So, rather than having lost $130 two years ago, I think instead I've saved $2.50/month ever since!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Lol! I had page plus for years and ended up with a huge paygo balance. I depleted it by converting to a monthly plan then moved off to a better plan(on Redpocket).

Paygo was useful for keeping my legacy number alive and if I was going to use a flip phone or no data smartphone. But with annual monthly plans being so economical, paygo is not a solution for me anymore.

Feedback Score
    I have been using H2O for 3 years now. 3 lines. Swapped several phones around, didn't have to call c/s. Flat 5 cents / minute. $10 lasts 90 days. Save 10% on autopay. Can use data in a pinch, but it's 10c / megabyte. A bargain if you are lost and need Maps. Can use any AT&T Go-phone or ATT locked phone with the H2O sim. Never had a problem with c/s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2