Thread: What Is Good About Buying Refill Cards Still On Ebay?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Jetpack 7730L
    Carrier(s)
    Mint Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score

What Is Good About Buying Refill Cards Still On Ebay?

I have a mobile hotspot with a Verizon Wireless prepaid plan. Up until about a year ago, or so, it was possible to buy refill cards for very good prices on Ebay - i. e. a $40 card for less than $30, and at that time Ebay was not even charging sales tax. Now everything has changed - $40 cards cost usually more than $40 on Ebay, and on top of that Ebay is now charging sales tax.

I am wondering why these cards are still being offered (and apparently bought) on Ebay. Why are people doing this? Is this not now more expensive than paying Verizon directly? Am I missing something here?

Back in the day I bought many such inexpensive refill cards and added the amounts to my account. However, soon I will run out of my credits from that and therefore would like to know what to do best now.

Are there any other places where I could buy refill cards and save some money? Or should I indeed let Verizon charge the monthly fees to my credit card?

Thanks - desertman

Feedback Score
    Maybe people think it brings them some anonymity from VZW.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

Feedback Score
    I usually buy from Callingmart Auto-Purchase with 5% off and no fees. Kroger.com and Target.com sometimes have sales and would purchase from them.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Jetpack 7730L
    Carrier(s)
    Mint Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zer0Evil View Post
    I usually buy from Callingmart Auto-Purchase with 5% off and no fees.
    Sounds good, thanks. I just set this up for 3 x $20 every month (my data plan costs $65 and I have still a credit of more than $100 in my account).

I assume they send me PINs that I have to add myself to my Verizon Wireless account for the mobile hotspot - right?

However, I don't know whether my auto-purchase order comes with a 5% discount, or whether any fees or taxes will be added - CallingMart did not show me anything that resembles a bill, they just confirmed that I ordered 3 x $20 every month. Is the discount automatically part of the auto-purchase order, or how else are you getting this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by resucami View Post
    Is the discount automatically part of the auto-purchase order, or how else are you getting this?
    With auto-purchase you automatically get the best discount. 5% off Verizon, 7% off AT&T ect. It will happen at 12am PT/3am ET on the date selected. Any Verizon PIN product will work, 2x$30 or 3x$20 ect.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by resucami View Post
    I have a mobile hotspot with a Verizon Wireless prepaid plan. Up until about a year ago, or so, it was possible to buy refill cards for very good prices on Ebay - i. e. a $40 card for less than $30, and at that time Ebay was not even charging sales tax. Now everything has changed - $40 cards cost usually more than $40 on Ebay, and on top of that Ebay is now charging sales tax.

I am wondering why these cards are still being offered (and apparently bought) on Ebay. Why are people doing this? Is this not now more expensive than paying Verizon directly? Am I missing something here?

Back in the day I bought many such inexpensive refill cards and added the amounts to my account. However, soon I will run out of my credits from that and therefore would like to know what to do best now.

Are there any other places where I could buy refill cards and save some money? Or should I indeed let Verizon charge the monthly fees to my credit card?

Otherwise I get mine from Target when on sale. Since you get an extra 5% off when using the Target Red card.
    Thanks - desertman
    It's something that can be purchased with eBay Bucks. Each quarter if I have $20 or more dollars in ebay Bucks, then I will go ahead and spend it on a refill pin. If there is nothing else I want to purchase.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    They used to be highly discounted, you could get $40 refills for less than $25, it was fun while lasted

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    They used to be highly discounted, you could get $40 refills for less than $25, it was fun while lasted
    That was the best deal i loaded up twice max $999 now it over moving all my 4 lines next week to visible everything set up ready to activate on Tuesday

They were the best days on vzw pins