Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Verizon in early 2020: results show consistent and excellent performance across the board

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSchnee21 View Post
    I thought Band 5 was being re-farmed as 5G (or maybe DSS) — so that won’t help.
    CDMA/3G is being refarmed for LTE Band 5. Since it’s 850MHz it has a farther reach then higher frequencies in the GHz range, but less bandwidth which is why it maxes out at 10MHz like Band 13 does. DSS is supposed to allow spectrum to be shared between 4G and 5G. https://www.mobileworldlive.com/zte-updates-2019-20/zte-5g-dynamic-spectrum-sharing-helps-operators-build-high-quality-networks/

Feedback Score
    I’m in northern Monroe Township (Middlesex), near Spotswood / East Brunswick.

I doubt they would ever do small cells here in Monroe because it is fairly rural / open suburban.

But in some of the denser shopping areas — route 18, 9, 1 I suppose it’s possible.

Verizon has really good coverage and speed by the Brunswick Square Mall. They have a Macro on the water tower. I’ve gotten up to 229 Mbit/s DL on my XSM — no CBRS for me )-: similarly on Helmetta by the new Snuff Factory apartment complex (also water tower). They also have a single antenna node on top of the Monroe Township rec center. And great coverage by the HS, police station, library — new Macro in the last 3yrs or so.

Down on route 9 between the Lowe’s, McDonalds, Whole Foods there is a small cell — but it’s not Verizon.

But if you go to like Dunham’s Corner and Cranbury Road (535) Verizon signal is very weak. Slow, high latency.

Sent from my iPhone XSM using Tapatalk Pro
    I’ve been seeing small cells popping up along Route 37 down in Toms River but it’s generally supplemental bands 2, 4, and 66 to ease the strain off the macro towers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    CDMA/3G is being refarmed for LTE Band 5. Since it’s 850MHz it has a farther reach then higher frequencies in the GHz range, but less bandwidth which is why it maxes out at 10MHz like Band 13 does. DSS is supposed to allow spectrum to be shared between 4G and 5G. https://www.mobileworldlive.com/zte-...lity-networks/
    Yes, but 850MHz LTE propagates roughly the same 700 MHz LTE (slightly worse actually). So reframing band 5 won’t help my edge of cell issue as I’m already on 13. But capacity wise, closer to the tower, you’re right.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes, but 850MHz LTE propagates roughly the same 700 MHz LTE (slightly worse actually). So reframing band 5 won’t help my edge of cell issue as I’m already on 13. But capacity wise, closer to the tower, you’re right.

It may help if band 13 now has less users on it. Your SNR should be better as well. Having multiple low bands on At&t has helped its cell edge. Especially since the new equipment at the site has 4x4 mimo for low bands.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2