Thread: Verizon in early 2020: results show consistent and excellent performance across the board

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Verizon in early 2020: results show consistent and excellent performance across the board

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Well let me first say congratulations to Verizon.

Interesting tidbit: RootMetrics praised Verizon for being the fastest in most markets while simultaneously praising the carrier for being slow. Feel free to discuss this among yourselves.

I guess the word of the day here is: “consistent,” and Verizon does well in this category as expected.

Verizon’s SNR levels praised highly here. Interesting to see Magenta’s SNR more closely aligned with Verizon than ATT in this report and attributed to the addition of additional spectrum.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    They better watch out, Tmo is fast on their tails and their 5g mmwave isn't going to save them. Hope verizon begins to put some focus on mid and low band 5G (and yes I know the auction is coming up, but that is still not until later in the year).

Feedback Score

Verizon in early 2020: results show consistent and excellent performance across the board

Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    They better watch out, Tmo is fast on their tails and their 5g mmwave isn't going to save them. Hope verizon begins to put some focus on mid and low band 5G (and yes I know the auction is coming up, but that is still not until later in the year).
    T-Mobile has a lot of work to do and I hope they pull off what they’re claiming. Verizon and AT&T won’t be sitting still. I do agree though Verizon is in a mid band spectrum hole so they’ll have to keep densifying for optimal spectrum re-use

Feedback Score

I watched the video. So does Verizon own Rootmetrics or what? Somebody got PWNed.

The SNR info was interesting, though. I was with AT&T for 25 yrs before switching to Verizon 5 months ago.

Verizon does seem to work much better at lower signal levels than AT&T. I routinely gave very usable, albeit slow, data speeds on Verizon with one single bar.

In contrast AT&T usually craps our with 2 bars. Choppy calms/video, data stalls, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSchnee21 View Post
    I watched the video. So does Verizon own Rootmetrics or what? Somebody got PWNed.

The SNR info was interesting, though. I was with AT&T for 25 yrs before switching to Verizon 5 months ago.

Verizon does seem to work much better at lower signal levels than AT&T. I routinely gave very usable, albeit slow, data speeds on Verizon with one single bar.

In contrast AT&T usually craps our with 2 bars. Choppy calms/video, data stalls, etc.

I’ve seen similar. Verizon does seem to be the low signal usability long. I’ve been able to make a clear and usable call when I thought I had almost no signal whatsoever

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSchnee21 View Post

They down own rootmetrics. Notice how much AT&T has improved and in many markets now is faster than Verizon.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Well let me first say congratulations to Verizon.

Interesting tidbit: RootMetrics praised Verizon for being the fastest in most markets while simultaneously praising the carrier for being slow. Feel free to discuss this among yourselves.

I guess the word of the day here is: “consistent,” and Verizon does well in this category as expected.

Verizon’s SNR levels praised highly here. Interesting to see Magenta’s SNR more closely aligned with Verizon than ATT in this report and attributed to the addition of additional spectrum.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Yep, look at that perfect SNR from a speedtest I did today.
    Name:  Screenshot_20200521-184639_Service%20mode%20RIL.jpeg
Views: 22
Size:  41.8 KB

Sent from my Galaxy S10+ using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    SNR was always an issue with Verizon for me. Not enough cell sites and too many users. That’s likely changed in many areas.

Root’s continual fluffing of Verizon in Philly is hilarious though. It isn’t as good as at&t and the fact they’re boasting a .2% 5G availability. That’s a joke.
    AT&T: 2003 (gophone) & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Cingular: 2003-2006
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2003 & 2011-2013