Thread: New 5G city, 5G Uploads have now rolled out

Feedback Score

New 5G city, 5G Uploads have now rolled out

San Diego is the new 5G city. Verizon turned on uploads over 5G and it looks like their refining beamforming to penetrate window glass.

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/v...implementation

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwtgt View Post
    San Diego is the new 5G city. Verizon turned on uploads over 5G and it looks like their refining beamforming to penetrate window glass.

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/v...implementation

Based on the tests I’ve seen , mmW has gotten much much better since last year . VZ partnered with Movandi today who uses a technology called beam XR. It will help with range and penetration.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Based on the tests I’ve seen , mmW has gotten much much better since last year . VZ partnered with Movandi today who uses a technology called beam XR. It will help with range and penetration.
    Yea it'll be interesting to see when that's rolled out wide, MMW has the bad rap but the more refinement it keeps getting the better it is. I'm getting 5g Inside buildings without any extender being inside

Feedback Score
    Yea it'll be interesting to see when that's rolled out wide, MMW has the bad rap but the more refinement it keeps getting the better it is. I'm getting 5g Inside buildings without any extender being inside

mmW indoors? Hmm ...how close is the node?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    mmW indoors? Hmm ...how close is the node?
    It's a block and a half away granted there is very little obstruction for the node besides the glass I can see it from inside on top of the building

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Verizon Wireless's 5G is non existent in Cincinnati Ohio. When you look at their coverage maps it is only available in areas where their is high traffic. Verizon really needs to get some mid band Spectrum to deploy 5G on so they can deploy it on existing cellular towers and it will travel further compared to millimeter wave spectrum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru30 View Post
    Verizon Wireless's 5G is non existent in Cincinnati Ohio. When you look at their coverage maps it is only available in areas where their is high traffic. Verizon really needs to get some mid band Spectrum to deploy 5G on so they can deploy it on existing cellular towers and it will travel further compared to millimeter wave spectrum.
    Ultimately that is the plan, in the meantime Verizon is expanding their 5g in cities that already have it I just think it really depends on if this whole Covid thing is slowing them down in certain cities. Where cities may have stopped processing permits and inspections as DC is still seeing a rapid expansion as well as some others.

Feedback Score
    Ultimately that is the plan, in the meantime Verizon is expanding their 5g in cities that already have it I just think it really depends on if this whole Covid thing is slowing them down in certain cities. Where cities may have stopped processing permits and inspections as DC is still seeing a rapid expansion as well as some others.

I guess that’s the case here in NC. I really want Verizon to come to Raleigh as it’s already been launched in Charlotte and Greensboro pre pandemic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk