Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AT&T might stop using fake 5G logo after advertising board recommendation

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    Will they stop adding the icon to any new flagships that come out this year?
    Not likely. Can you say "smoke and mirrors, I knew you could".......
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yep marketing will stop but the icon stays on current phones. Will they stop adding the icon to any new flagships that come out this year?
    Look at my post above. Google is baking 5Ge into Android 11.

I know many are blowing a gasket about "5Ge", but LTE-A Pro has technologies enabled that were designed for NR. This is how they have gotten away adding it to devices in lte-a pro areas.

T and Tmus are displaying 5G when in actuality its NSA NR running a slice of one band behind LTE and barely at that. So devices even showing 5G at this time is misleading - its still going over an LTE core. It should still show "5Ge" when NSA NR is running. Why? Because its still just an evolution of 5G, not 5G on its own. Once SA NR is running on its own, should a phone legitimately display "5G" and "5G+". Gotta call it like it is.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Look at my post above. Google is baking 5Ge into Android 11.

I know many are blowing a gasket about "5Ge", but LTE-A Pro has technologies enabled that were designed for NR. This is how they have gotten away adding it to devices in lte-a pro areas.

T and Tmus are displaying 5G when in actuality its NSA NR running a slice of one band behind LTE and barely at that. So devices even showing 5G at this time is misleading - its still going over an LTE core. It should still show "5Ge" when NSA NR is running. Why? Because its still just an evolution of 5G, not 5G on its own. Once SA NR is running on its own, should a phone legitimately display "5G" and "5G+". Gotta call it like it is.

Personally the icon doesn’t bother me at all. As long as my phone works when I need it then I’m happy,
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Personally the icon doesn’t bother me at all. As long as my phone works when I need it then I’m happy,
    I like knowing when I'm in an upgraded area. 5Ge is kind of cheesy.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Moto Atrix, Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile had their fake 4G signals and weren’t stopped back in 2010. Verizon barely 3G speeds (300kpbs) and Verizon got to keep advertising they had the best 3G network as well.

So what’s wrong with att fake 5ge advertising?

Feedback Score
    Not the first time At&t did this exact prior to the rollout of VOLTE 4G

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
    T-Mobile had their fake 4G signals and weren’t stopped back in 2010. Verizon barely 3G speeds (300kpbs) and Verizon got to keep advertising they had the best 3G network as well.

So what’s wrong with att fake 5ge advertising?
    T-Mobile's HSPA+42 network *was* faster than AT&T and Verizon's LTE signals in most instances at the time, and far more widespread. So that's how *they* got away with it.

I remember... AT&T was still HSPA 14.4, Verizon's LTE was on a tiny 10MHz chunk and overloaded easily, and T-Mobile in the same areas due to PCS needing a denser grid than 700MHz would usually be ~35-40Mbps.

Also, Verizon's 3G was usually 2-3Mbps for me, unless I was at something like a hockey game, then there I did not care as I was there for the game... not to be on twitter
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"
    Sprint: Premium Unlimited (for 100GB hotspot!)

Feedback Score
    Not that it really matters I guess but why does my iPhone pro max and XS Max show 5ge and my iPhone XR and XS show LTE only? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2