Thread: Total Wireless VoLTE And Wifi Calling

Feedback Score

Total Wireless VoLTE And Wifi Calling

What is the latest on Total Wireless VoLTE and wifi calling? Is it still highly dependent on what device you are using?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    What is the latest on Total Wireless VoLTE and wifi calling? Is it still highly dependent on what device you are using?
    Pretty much. I have VoLTE but didnt see any option on wifi calling on my Verizon branded Galaxy s9+.

Feedback Score
    It's still only mostly guaranteed for compatible iPhones.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    You will get VoLTE for sure since Verizon is dropping their CDMA network. As for WiFi Calling, as far as I know, only iPhones is getting WiFi Calling so far.

Feedback Score
    All accepted phones in TW network should have VoLTE active by now, so it is not "highly dependent".

WiFi calling is a gimmick IMO and is supported for now only by iPhones newer than 8.

Feedback Score
    I just got the new unlocked Moto G Power direct from Motorola, and it has Wifi Calling, and I've been using Total Wireless for two years. Love this phone, especially its battery life.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    I just got the new unlocked Moto G Power direct from Motorola, and it has Wifi Calling, and I've been using Total Wireless for two years. Love this phone, especially its battery life.
    Did you just SIM swap or activate a new SIM?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    Did you just SIM swap or activate a new SIM?
    Actually, both. Even just doing a SIM swap got the wifi calling. What didn't work for me was hotspot with just a SIM swap. I ended up calling customer care and doing a full IMEI swap with another SIM I had laying around in order to get the hotspot working.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    Actually, both. Even just doing a SIM swap got the wifi calling. What didn't work for me was hotspot with just a SIM swap. I ended up calling customer care and doing a full IMEI swap with another SIM I had laying around in order to get the hotspot working.
    I know it is another branch of Tracfone, but I have Straight Talk, but I have tried to get WiFi on a number of phones, but never got it yet. I know the phones that I used can have WiFi Calling on Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I know it is another branch of Tracfone, but I have Straight Talk, but I have tried to get WiFi on a number of phones, but never got it yet. I know the phones that I used can have WiFi Calling on Verizon.
    It wasn't even a feature I was necessarily needing. It just popped up when I was setting up my new phone. I'm sure both of the new Motorola phones have them (I have the Moto G Power, and the other one released recently is the Moto G Stylus). I had the Moto G7 Power for the last year, and it didn't have Wifi Calling with Total Wireless.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I have tried my friend's Pixel 2, Pixel 3, and Galaxy S10, but they are Verizon models tho.

They only reason why I am looking into getting WiFi Calling is there is stores here that you get dropped calls and/or no signal when you are in those stores. When you are outside of the store, you get great signal.

Feedback Score
    For WiFi calling to work, the phone's IMEI needs to be whitelisted on the server side. It doesn't matter if the phone is theoretically capable.
    The iPhones newer than 8 are whitelisted, some of the Android models sold by Total Wireless are also whitelisted...

The same model of phone, if sold unlocked or if it was original on other carrier are not whitelisted as of now. Might be in the future...