Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Total Wireless VoLTE And Wifi Calling

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,004
    Feedback Score
    0

    Total Wireless VoLTE And Wifi Calling

    What is the latest on Total Wireless VoLTE and wifi calling? Is it still highly dependent on what device you are using?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    151
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    What is the latest on Total Wireless VoLTE and wifi calling? Is it still highly dependent on what device you are using?
    Pretty much. I have VoLTE but didnt see any option on wifi calling on my Verizon branded Galaxy s9+.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,674
    Feedback Score
    0
    It's still only mostly guaranteed for compatible iPhones.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Central Iowa
    Posts
    1,084
    Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    What is the latest on Total Wireless VoLTE and wifi calling? Is it still highly dependent on what device you are using?
    You will get VoLTE for sure since Verizon is dropping their CDMA network. As for WiFi Calling, as far as I know, only iPhones is getting WiFi Calling so far.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,470
    Feedback Score
    0
    All accepted phones in TW network should have VoLTE active by now, so it is not "highly dependent".

    WiFi calling is a gimmick IMO and is supported for now only by iPhones newer than 8.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,623
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just got the new unlocked Moto G Power direct from Motorola, and it has Wifi Calling, and I've been using Total Wireless for two years. Love this phone, especially its battery life.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Central Iowa
    Posts
    1,084
    Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    I just got the new unlocked Moto G Power direct from Motorola, and it has Wifi Calling, and I've been using Total Wireless for two years. Love this phone, especially its battery life.
    Did you just SIM swap or activate a new SIM?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,623
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    Did you just SIM swap or activate a new SIM?
    Actually, both. Even just doing a SIM swap got the wifi calling. What didn't work for me was hotspot with just a SIM swap. I ended up calling customer care and doing a full IMEI swap with another SIM I had laying around in order to get the hotspot working.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Central Iowa
    Posts
    1,084
    Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    Actually, both. Even just doing a SIM swap got the wifi calling. What didn't work for me was hotspot with just a SIM swap. I ended up calling customer care and doing a full IMEI swap with another SIM I had laying around in order to get the hotspot working.
    I know it is another branch of Tracfone, but I have Straight Talk, but I have tried to get WiFi on a number of phones, but never got it yet. I know the phones that I used can have WiFi Calling on Verizon.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,623
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I know it is another branch of Tracfone, but I have Straight Talk, but I have tried to get WiFi on a number of phones, but never got it yet. I know the phones that I used can have WiFi Calling on Verizon.
    It wasn't even a feature I was necessarily needing. It just popped up when I was setting up my new phone. I'm sure both of the new Motorola phones have them (I have the Moto G Power, and the other one released recently is the Moto G Stylus). I had the Moto G7 Power for the last year, and it didn't have Wifi Calling with Total Wireless.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Central Iowa
    Posts
    1,084
    Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have tried my friend's Pixel 2, Pixel 3, and Galaxy S10, but they are Verizon models tho.

    They only reason why I am looking into getting WiFi Calling is there is stores here that you get dropped calls and/or no signal when you are in those stores. When you are outside of the store, you get great signal.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,470
    Feedback Score
    0
    For WiFi calling to work, the phone's IMEI needs to be whitelisted on the server side. It doesn't matter if the phone is theoretically capable.
    The iPhones newer than 8 are whitelisted, some of the Android models sold by Total Wireless are also whitelisted...

    The same model of phone, if sold unlocked or if it was original on other carrier are not whitelisted as of now. Might be in the future...

Similar Threads

  1. Total Wireless voLTE &/or Wifi calling - who has it working now?
    By jackmannequin in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 354
    Last Post: 06-06-2019, 12:06 PM
  2. Cricket Phone that Support VoLTE and Wifi Calling?
    By Endlessknight in forum Cricket
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2017, 05:50 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-31-2017, 08:52 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2017, 05:06 PM
  5. T-Mobile MVNO's VoLTE and Wifi calling
    By BCL74 in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2014, 03:39 PM

Bookmarks