Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: New Tracfone LG Classic Flip L125DL Quick Review

Feedback Score
    Will this Classic Flip repeat a notification sound after a missed call or voicemail ? Maybe every 5 or 10 min. or so?
    I couldn't find a setting for that. I have relied on that (reminder) sound for years, without having to look at the screen all the time.
    Both of my two 10 yr+ old flip phones have a setting for that.
    One is LG and one is Motorola.
    Sometimes you're away from the phone for a while, have the sound turned off while sleeping, in the other room when it rings etc. etc.

Device(s)
    Flip phone, Samsung J3 on Tello
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, H2O, Page Plus, Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    If one of the owners of the LG Classic Flip L125DL could run their IMEI through the Page Plus activation checker and it passes I would consider getting one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dfriz View Post
    If one of the owners of the LG Classic Flip L125DL could run their IMEI through the Page Plus activation checker and it passes I would consider getting one.
    A TracFone branded Classic Flip will absolutely activate on Page Plus. Page Plus sells it directly. I have a Tracfone model purchased from Walmart on my dad's Page Plus line.

Feedback Score
    ^ ^ ^
    what Shade00 said.

I bought a Tracfone branded Classic Flip, brought it home and activated on PP cellular, no problems. Tracfone purchased PP some time ago

Feedback Score

Missed Call and Voicemail - Sound Notification setting

Can anyone reply to my post 241 ?

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaylonJ View Post
    Can anyone reply to my post 241 ?
    I'll let you know if I ever get my mom's new LG classic flip activated. TracFone can be quite a PITA if you don't follow the proper procedures.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Will this Classic Flip repeat a notification sound after a missed call or voicemail ? Maybe every 5 or 10 min. or so?
    I couldn't find a setting for that. I have relied on that (reminder) sound for years, without having to look at the screen all the time.
    Both of my two 10 yr+ old flip phones have a setting for that.
    One is LG and one is Motorola.
    Sometimes you're away from the phone for a while, have the sound turned off while sleeping, in the other room when it rings etc. etc.
    . I too liked the usefulness of notification repeat sounds. This Classic Flip does not have repeat notification sounds for missed calls. I can't check voice mail notifications because I had PagePlus deactivate my voice mail, but I'm fairly certain it doesn't.

Older flips had more setting options than this one. Unfortunately, while I think this is a great phone, it is not awash with features and setting options. It is pretty bare bones. Don't expect it to do much. But at the time I got mine, it was the best flip on the market compatible with the new 4G and VoLTE requirements.

Feedback Score
    I recently purchased this phone. I have a question about how strong the vibrate is on your phone when you get a text? I find that when I keep the phone in my pants pocket, I only feel it Vibrate about 10- 20% of the time. It is just a very quick, soft vibrate. It is adequate for phone calls since it continues to vibrate. However, I keep missing that texts are coming in. I am beginning to wonder if it actually vibrates every time or if it is defective.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRebel View Post
    . I too liked the usefulness of notification repeat sounds. This Classic Flip does not have repeat notification sounds for missed calls. I can't check voice mail notifications because I had PagePlus deactivate my voice mail, but I'm fairly certain it doesn't.

Older flips had more setting options than this one. Unfortunately, while I think this is a great phone, it is not awash with features and setting options. It is pretty bare bones. Don't expect it to do much. But at the time I got mine, it was the best flip on the market compatible with the new 4G and VoLTE requirements.
    You're right, " Older flips had more setting options than this one. Unfortunately, while I think this is a great phone, it is not awash with features and setting options. "

I would think that getting a repeated beep after a missed call would be an easy simple setting.
    Just goes to show that the phones from 10-15 yrs. ago were "thought out with more consideration" than the crap they put out today.
    Sure the technology has changed, 4G and all that, but the usefulness and settings for the buyer is worse.
    Even some expensive phones don't have that simple function (and consideration) anymore.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mdomaz View Post
    I recently purchased this phone. I have a question about how strong the vibrate is on your phone when you get a text? I find that when I keep the phone in my pants pocket, I only feel it Vibrate about 10- 20% of the time. It is just a very quick, soft vibrate. It is adequate for phone calls since it continues to vibrate. However, I keep missing that texts are coming in. I am beginning to wonder if it actually vibrates every time or if it is defective.
    It's not your phone, as with the other features of this phone, the vibration is weak sauce too. One SLIGHT vibration pulse and that's all you get. Easy to miss. Back-in-the-day flips you could select your preferred vibration pattern. Not any more.

I've come to grips that the theme of this flip is: "Don't expect much. Just be grateful you don't have to use the Alcatel Myflip". I haven't checked in months, but I doubt there's anything better so I suck it up. Also I only use my flip to talk on so I don't need for it to do much. And I have to admit, when talking to another caller with HD voice, the clarity is phenomenal. Crystal.

Feedback Score
    Just goes to show that the phones from 10-15 yrs. ago were "thought out with more consideration" than the crap they put out today.
    You want actual options in the Settings menu?
    Get back on the Android/iOS plantation, slave. (just my interpretation, please prove me wrong)

Or are we supposed to download extension Apps to do things like make our phones vibrate special patterns for incoming texts?
    And do those Apps only do what we want them to do, or do they also upload data on us to the authors?
    Tracfone rewards referral code XCSS-C824 gives 8,000 points to new rewards members.
    (fixed error in code 11-21-2020)
    Sign up for the TracFone rewards program here: https://www.tracfone.com/rewards

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, LG L125DL
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Ok, so thanks to everyone for writing in this thread. I've been running an iPhone 6S for 5 or 6 years, and it was time for a digital detox. Just calls and texts for a while. Especially with COVID and being home so much, I found myself on my phone for a lot of stuff that my computer was just a lot more efficient at. Verizon rules the area around me from a reception perspective, and given their high dumb phone prices as well as cost of service, I took the plunge and tried this phone on TF... and I love it!

One thing I'm surprised no one's mentioned - even though this thing is AOSP behind the scenes, it looks and operates like an old school Verizon dumb phone, whatever that menu system/OS is called. I used to HATE that system, to the point where I ran an old Nokia 6236i for YEARS because I hated the Verizon menu system. Maybe I've mellowed now, but MAN I miss that Nokia!

So the pros for me are by far the battery and reception. I'm on day 6, I think I've charged once? The reception (bars wise) LOOKS the same as my iPhone always had (and should be close, iPhone on Verizon, this LG on TF but using the VZW towers) but whereas 1 bar on my iPhone meant constant cut in and outs during the conversation, one bar on this phone = FINE. People sound clearer to me, and I'm told I sound better.

So the con may be more my misunderstanding than the phone itself. When I receive a group text, I get an alert, but the message comes through as a text block that I have to click each time to convert the message to a MMS, which then appears in the group text thread. Is there a better way to manage this, or a way at all? Just having to hit a lot of click to receive the group messages... I haven't tried responding to group texts yet.

Is something like group me an option here?

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17