Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: New Tracfone LG Classic Flip L125DL Quick Review

Device(s)
    iPhone 11. Past: iPhone 8, iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, Moto E, iPhone 5c,
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, at&t Prepaid, Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaylonJ View Post
    Will this Classic Flip repeat a notification sound after a missed call or voicemail ? Maybe every 5 or 10 min. or so?
    I couldn't find a setting for that. I have relied on that (reminder) sound for years, without having to look at the screen all the time.
    Both of my two 10 yr+ old flip phones have a setting for that.
    One is LG and one is Motorola.
    Sometimes you're away from the phone for a while, have the sound turned off while sleeping, in the other room when it rings etc. etc.
    I just picked up on your discussion of these points. I am really looking for a flip that has that persistent notification on the outside. I swear I had Verizon flips in the past back when they all had that unified red / white UI (ex. 2005-2013) and I think the outside of the phone would stay lit up for a notification. The other feature I am looking for, which seems like it IS on this LG is the pop up notification when you open the phone saying that you have a text message. I have an older friend who is very picky about his technology and --- he is so pissed that he has a new Verizon flip (the Oribic "piece o trash" Journey that does not have have this feature. I don't think any of the current flips directly through Verizon do.

Feedback Score
    The promo is done but Target offered the phone for $30 with $40 gift card if you bought any service. I bought the $20 90 day plan so for $10 (+tax) net.

Feedback Score
    I haven't found a belt clip for the LG Classic Flip L125DL, only a case.
    Am I just missing belt clips some place?

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a5G, Moto G Stylus, G Power, G7 Power and G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, TextNow and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    That is more of a case with a belt clip.
    I don't want something I have to struggle to get off my belt or struggle with getting it back on.
    I am just used to clicking phone out and snap back in.
    May be I just have to learn new ways.
    Still looking.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a5G, Moto G Stylus, G Power, G7 Power and G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, TextNow and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Good luck. I've only seen 2 cases for that phone. Both on Amazon. The other is just a plastic shell that snaps on.
    Last edited by cellular-dude; 01-10-2021 at 08:41 PM.

Feedback Score
    I guess a pouch clipped on my belt might be what I have to use for now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ttiiggy View Post
    I guess a pouch clipped on my belt might be what I have to use for now.
    The killer with modern holsters is the thickness of a flip style. Likely more available for an Alcatel My Flip, but it is a smaller phone than the LG Classic Flip.
    Last edited by loboheeler; 01-11-2021 at 07:01 PM.

Feedback Score
    I got an Alcatel My Flip. Hate it. Belt clip is not even close.
    LG EnV, maybe. Trying tomorrow.
    ...or look at Walmart. I dunno what they will have in the store.
    Last edited by ttiiggy; 01-11-2021 at 08:40 PM.

Feedback Score
    LG Envy
    Oh, one of my sons had an LG enV2 for around 5 years starting back in 2008. He loved it and could test so fast on that little physical keyboard! He actually still has it, just for fun.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_enV2_(VX9100)

(I know that LG enV2 is not what you're talking about...but your comment brought back that memory...)

Feedback Score
    ...or look at Walmart. I dunno what they will have in the store.
    The big box stores used to have a fair selection of generic holsters. Last time I looked at Walmart the selection had dwindled. Belt holsters are not as popular these days...too macho I guess.

Feedback Score
    Looked at an EnV belt holster. Too thin.
    LG MyFlip fits in good but the cover doesn't close with the magnetic latch that this one has.
    Tried EnV clam shell clip. Too long, not wide enough in the bottom. No go there.
    Haven't got to bbs yet.

Feedback Score

My phone does show who is calling

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRebel View Post
    In rereading my review, I was too hard on the speaker volume. I shouldn't have put it in the dislikes section. It is fine.

Forgot to mention:
    External screen. I like and dislike it. I didn't think I would like the slit but it displays all the info I need to see with one caveat. When a call comes in it just shows a call symbol. You have to press the volume button for it to display caller ID info. Why?!! Why must I press a button to see who is calling? Wholly unnecessary extra step. I want to glance at my phone and immediately see who is calling. Not fumble around pressing some button. This is very nonSenior friendly. Less buttons they have to press the better.
    I have just been rereading through this thread to see what else I might learn about the L125DL phone, which I bought several months ago.

I just wanted to say that my phone does show the name of the person that is calling on the external screen. It scrolls. Perhaps it was an update?

One thing I dislike is I can't stop my alarm by pressing the side button. I actually have to open the phone and choose stop to shut off the alarm. Then I have to wait until it actually decides to shut off. I don't like that lag time. With all my other older LG flip phones, I just had to press the side button to shut off the alarm immediately. Could I perhaps have a setting wrong?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mdomaz View Post
    I have just been rereading through this thread to see what else I might learn about the L125DL phone, which I bought several months ago.

I just wanted to say that my phone does show the name of the person that is calling on the external screen. It scrolls. Perhaps it was an update?
    Interesting. My phone still requires me to press the volume button to then see the name of who is calling. However, I do have a notification of a software update to install. I've blown it off but I'll install it and see if this changes the external screen caller id situation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRebel View Post
    Interesting. My phone still requires me to press the volume button to then see the name of who is calling. However, I do have a notification of a software update to install. I've blown it off but I'll install it and see if this changes the external screen caller id situation.
    All updated and I still have to press the volume button to see Caller ID on the external screen. Don't know what the difference is for your phone and mine. Do you have "flip open to answer call" activated? I don't. Maybe Caller ID automatically appears on external screen with that setting on since you can't open to look at Caller ID without answering.

Whelp, I can see Caller ID by opening up the phone so I've learned to live without the convenience. And with personalized ringtones, I know who is calling -- at least those I want to talk to.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast