Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 179

Thread: New Tracfone LG Classic Flip L125DL Quick Review

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    7,421
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRebel View Post
    I created a note and then tried to find it . Didn't show up anywhere via phone or computer search.
    Can you export/share the notes?

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    124
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Can you export/share the notes?
    You can share Notes via Email, Text, and Bluetooth.

    Via Text, it simply copies the Note text into a blank message to send.

    Via Bluetooth, I sent the Note to my Samsung tablet. It sent as a document labeled Notepad_0.txt. I opened it up using ES Note Editor, HTML Viewer, and Dolphin Web Browser. Once opened, it displays the Note text in all apps.

    Can't test the Email option because I don't have email setup on my flip.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    998
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRebel View Post
    You can share Notes via Email, Text, and Bluetooth.

    Via Text, it simply copies the Note text into a blank message to send.

    Via Bluetooth, I sent the Note to my Samsung tablet. It sent as a document labeled Notepad_0.txt. I opened it up using ES Note Editor, HTML Viewer, and Dolphin Web Browser. Once opened, it displays the Note text in all apps.

    Can't test the Email option because I don't have email setup on my flip.
    Thanks for your playing around with it. So it's a .txt file. Wonder where it hides out on the phone if you couldn't find it. Or if putting a .txt file you create onto the phone if the NOTE app would find it and open it. But you answered my question. Thanks.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    124
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Thanks for your playing around with it. So it's a .txt file. Wonder where it hides out on the phone if you couldn't find it. Or if putting a .txt file you create onto the phone if the NOTE app would find it and open it. But you answered my question. Thanks.
    You caught me just as I was about to shut down my computer for the evening.

    Okay. I created a txt doc and copied to my phone. The Notes app can't see it. This confirms that Notes must be stored in a hidden section of the phone. With no way to save outside documents there, Notes can't find them.

    However, when I locate the file via File Manager, I can open it via a built-in HTML Viewer. It opens the doc and displays what I wrote. Thus, you won't have any formatting but you can read txt files on this phone. I might consider storing my passwords in a txt file, should I decide to lock my phone, which I tend not to do with my flips.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    124
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRebel View Post
    You caught me just as I was about to shut down my computer for the evening.

    Okay. I created a txt doc and copied to my phone. The Notes app can't see it. This confirms that Notes must be stored in a hidden section of the phone. With no way to save outside documents there, Notes can't find them.

    However, when I locate the file via File Manager, I can open it via a built-in HTML Viewer. It opens the doc and displays what I wrote. Thus, you won't have any formatting but you can read txt files on this phone. I might consider storing my passwords in a txt file, should I decide to lock my phone, which I tend not to do with my flips.
    It just occurred to me. Since this phone has a HTML Viewer, perhaps you can save a file in .html format for viewing on the phone. Perhaps I'll check that out tomorrow.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    124
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRebel View Post
    It just occurred to me. Since this phone has a HTML Viewer, perhaps you can save a file in .html format for viewing on the phone. Perhaps I'll check that out tomorrow.
    Curiosity got the better of me. I saved some text as .html and .txt to compare the two. The phone opened both up just fine.

    The txt doc maintained spacing between paragraphs but the font is that standard plain text type font.

    The html doc had larger, nicer font but removed spacing between paragraphs.

    Looks like txt is the way to go to preserve paragraph structure.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    998
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRebel View Post
    Curiosity got the better of me. I saved some text as .html and .txt to compare the two. The phone opened both up just fine.

    The txt doc maintained spacing between paragraphs but the font is that standard plain text type font.

    The html doc had larger, nicer font but removed spacing between paragraphs.

    Looks like txt is the way to go to preserve paragraph structure.
    Got your curiosity up too. That's the motivation for some of my questions. Just a curious mind.
    When you say HTML viewer do you mean the internet browser app in the phone, or is there some other app called html viewer in that phone? Thx

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    124
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Got your curiosity up too. That's the motivation for some of my questions. Just a curious mind.
    When you say HTML viewer do you mean the internet browser app in the phone, or is there some other app called html viewer in that phone? Thx
    . I still don't see the point of trying to view documents on a flip phone. You can always store documents on the flip without needing to view them on the flip phone. Not to mention, anyone with the know-how to do it (ie, knows how to copy files onto the phone) probably has a smartphone with a much larger screen that has a full complement of document viewing apps at the ready. But you have expressed a genuine interest in finding out so I shall endeavor to help.

    To my surprise, which fueled my curiosity, the phone has a built-in HTML Viewer separate from the web browser. Which would have been in great way to save documents for viewing, except it doesn't maintain formatting. one extra thing I just thought about is how the HTML Viewer renders a saved webpage with pictures. So at some point later in the day when I pry myself up from lounging on my balcony, I might fire up the computer to find out.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    998
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRebel View Post
    . I still don't see the point of trying to view documents on a flip phone. You can always store documents on the flip without needing to view them on the flip phone. Not to mention, anyone with the know-how to do it (ie, knows how to copy files onto the phone) probably has a smartphone with a much larger screen that has a full complement of document viewing apps at the ready. But you have expressed a genuine interest in finding out so I shall endeavor to help.

    To my surprise, which fueled my curiosity, the phone has a built-in HTML Viewer separate from the web browser. Which would have been in great way to save documents for viewing, except it doesn't maintain formatting. one extra thing I just thought about is how the HTML Viewer renders a saved webpage with pictures. So at some point later in the day when I pry myself up from lounging on my balcony, I might fire up the computer to find out.
    Please don't do anymore research on my account. I'm VERY happy using my E4 for all my needs as far as documents and have many on it. Was just a curiosity as budget flips improve. Thx and enjoy your time lounging and doing other things.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    124
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Please don't do anymore research on my account. I'm VERY happy using my E4 for all my needs as far as documents and have many on it. Was just a curiosity as budget flips improve. Thx and enjoy your time lounging and doing other things.
    Too late. I got up for a break from roasting myself on my balcony to come inside for some cool air.

    Saved web pages would only render links and text. Pics were blank.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRebel View Post
    Got the Classic Flip yesterday and set it up. Just activated it today. Here is my assessment of the stand out likes and dislikes:

    Like:
    Button layout: It has the camera and speaker buttons on the dial pad instead of on the side. My father is lost with no picture cues to remind him. He could never remember how to activate the camera or speaker on flip phones that have the buttons on the side. Not to mention removing buttons from the side means no more accidental activation of camera, which even I would do all the time.

    SOS button on the back is a fantastic feature. Press it three times and it will call your predetermined emergency number and also send a text saying SOS with a link to your GPS location on google maps. I don't even have Location service activated on my phone but it must automatically activate it to sent out the SOS. It's like your own medical alert button. Or this would also be great for women who travel in Uber or Lyft at night.

    Block calls. Love that I can block calls from annoying spam. Yippee!

    Call Clarity. Handset is loud and clear. With full volume almost as loud as the speakerphone. Sound is a tad tinny. The speaker could be a little louder for my taste but it's fine.

    Text Message. New message displays on the screen when you open the phone. No having to access it through a button press like on MyFlip.

    Power Off. Long press the power button and the turns off. No having to press another button to confirm power off like on MyFlip

    Contact Avatars. Displays avatars of your contacts on incoming/outgoing calls. I don't think MyFlip did that but I can't recall for sure.

    What I don't like:
    Construction. The phone itself has a cheap plastic feel to it. And it's very slick; no silicone for grip. I foresee a lot of phones crashing to the floor slipping out of elderly hands. It needs a silicone case like the one I had for the MyFlip. I'm going to be on the lookout for one on eBay.

    Contacts. Doesn't automatically import contacts. I really like that feature on the myflip. You could connect to your Google Contacts and it would automatically import them. This one, I had to connect the phone to my computer so I could copy the contacts vcf file from another device. Once I had the vcf file on the LG, I imported it into my contacts no problem.

    Wallpaper. Stock wallpapers suck. I copied a few over. Not a big deal.

    Display is not quite as sharp as I would like it to be.

    Speakerphone. Not that it is low but I think it should be a tad louder. The speaker on the MyFlip was a bit louder.

    Close phone ends call. No option to turn this off. So you have to keep phone open even on speaker.

    Apps. No apps available. This isn't a bad thing for me, as I only use my flip phone to talk. I have my smartphone for apps.


    Verdict: Winner, winner chicken dinner! This LG is great. Forget the MyFlip and order the LG. I couldn't order one fast enough for my father after I tested it out. It is super Senior friendly. I am switching my father over to the LG from his Gusto 3 as soon as it comes in. I wasn't going to switch him to the MyFlip until the last minute but the LG is game time ready right now. Grrr... Shame the LG didn't come out sooner. I wish I hadn't wasted $60 on getting three MyFlips. But at the time, they were pretty much the only flip game in town. Whelp, LG has relegated MyFlips to drawer purgatory status.

    By the by, I haven't had the phone long enough to test the battery life out. I'll report back how long it lasts on standby. I'm also keeping data on. I'll keep and eye on it to see how much it uses.
    I've had my LG Classic flip about a week now, and it's just about perfect for my needs. Like you I can see getting a silicone case , if they ever become available. My only real complaint would be the ringtones choices SUCK, and as far as I can tell no way to buy popular song ringtones right from an APP right on the phone like on my previous LG 306G. Both the Lg Flip and LG 306G are basic triple minutes for life phones...so I don't see why they don't have the buy a ringtone app on the LG Classic Flip

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    998
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 1992Z28 View Post
    I've had my LG Classic flip about a week now, and it's just about perfect for my needs. Like you I can see getting a silicone case , if they ever become available. My only real complaint would be the ringtones choices SUCK, and as far as I can tell no way to buy popular song ringtones right from an APP right on the phone like on my previous LG 306G. Both the Lg Flip and LG 306G are basic triple minutes for life phones...so I don't see why they don't have the buy a ringtone app on the LG Classic Flip
    Have you tried just downloading a ringtone to a computer and then to the phone? Don't know how that special LG OS works but even on a Kiaos OS you can via an SD card, then in the Sounds setting there's a "manage tones" to pull it off the SD.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19
    Feedback Score
    0

    ring tone (or any app) down loading

    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Have you tried just downloading a ringtone to a computer and then to the phone? Don't know how that special LG OS works but even on a Kiaos OS you can via an SD card, then in the Sounds setting there's a "manage tones" to pull it off the SD.
    I'm not that savy with cell phones but, I have the Classic Flip from LG and a near as I can tell, down loading additional apps is not possible.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    998
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shad72 View Post
    I'm not that savy with cell phones but, I have the Classic Flip from LG and a near as I can tell, down loading additional apps is not possible.
    I'm not talking about downloaded apps....talking about transferring ringtones from computer to phone.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,602
    Feedback Score
    0
    The old flips couldn't do that, so this is a new experience.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Tracfone LG 235c
    By annepani in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-19-2013, 10:29 PM
  2. new - tracfone LG 500G
    By shesallthat in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 06:34 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2012, 03:51 PM
  4. FS: New Telus LG-3200 Flip phone
    By nzoka in forum Non GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2004, 06:03 AM
  5. NEW Cingular LG Camera Flip Phone!
    By toolhead in forum AT&T
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 10:22 PM

Bookmarks