Device(s)
    Nokia 6610, Touch Pro II, Lumia 640, LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Since Omnipoint!)
    Feedback Score

ATT vs TMO customer service in this current climate

You can follow me on Twitter @jamssx

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamssx View Post
    I've always found T-Mo stores the friendliest of all the big 4 corporate stores, but frankly the linked article and it's anecdotal sample of one store of each carrier was a beyond stupid waste of a click.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've been to both fairly recently... one to attempt to upgrade my old iPhone 8 (see what was available) for AT&T, and one to visit T-Mobile to see about possibly upgrading my LG G7, and also deal with issues surrounding service/caller verified.
    NOTE: This was actually just before lockdown!
    AT&T - quirky setup with round tables - requesting name to put you in a queue... even though the store only had 1 customer. I also used this time to question about AT&T Fiber. Since my line was a corporate.. they really couldn't do anything - not even SIM change... which was expected. I did allow them to attempt to push their internet services and wireless for personal.. but they couldn't come close in pricing, and best they could get was 50Mbps for $60 + tax/fees and overages at 1TB. They did attempt to push TV service, but not interested (AT&T's big gamble not doing so well). I also told them service was too weak (1bar) to be useful, and pricing was still too high.

T-Mobile - Quick to serve - easy and friendly, however, their staff don't really know much about the 'Caller Verified' service, and didn't have any good means as to tell me about service in any area, outside of the same maps that I can already access. Also to check on corporate lines - they have no means. I don't mean 'small business', but more of the 'large' scale, and corporate discounts (note: I can get 'FAN' discounts, on AT&T, Verizon and former Sprint).

T-Mobile is friendlier, and better positioned to sell wireless service... AT&T is stuck attempting to push all things AT&T (xDSL/TV/Wireless services)
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I think it's misleading to title this thread "customer service" when it's actually limited to retail stores. The only reason I've been to a store in the last two years is to pick up some T-Mobile Tuesday swag. I call my "Team of Experts" (Customer Service) more often but not all that frequently. There was a big problem in the last few months, as they figured out how to work from home.
    Donald Newcomb