Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: SIM Swap nano-SIM to eSIM

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0

    SIM Swap nano-SIM to eSIM

    Hey,
    I'm trying to get AT&T to swap my nano-SIM to an eSIM as I rather use the nano-SIM slot for a local SIM while travelling. Has anyone have recent success doing this?

    I first went to an AT&T store who reluctantly set me up with one. I scanned the QR code with my iphone, and it accepted it fine when I went through the process of adding a cellular plan. However, I can never get service using the eSIM. The nano-SIM still is fine. Its like the swap never happened with the eSIM getting fully provisioned.

    I contacted AT&T via online chat, who had issues trying to activate the eSIM the AT&T store gave me, and directed me to call tech support. They were also having trouble getting the eSIM to work and sent me another one in the mail.

    I tried that new one as well, though with the same results, no service with the eSIM. The phone was purchased directly from Apple, unlocked, without a contract.

    Any ideas what may be wrong here or how to guide AT&T in resolving this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,342
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro & 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    eSIM swaps are the Achilles heel for AT&T CS. No one seems to know how to do them. Dumb question, but I'll start here. Prior to activating the eSIM, did you remove the nano-SIM from your device? Make sure you are connected to wifi also.
    Your results may vary. Network performance differs per user location.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have a second phone I can try that on, or also go through the process of deleting the eSIM and adding it back with the physical SIM card removed. Trying to get this done on two phones, though going one at a time now, until I can get some success.

    The AT&T store really didn't want to do this in the first place. Seem like the real reason why is nobody knows how to do this.

    When I called in, they understood exactly what I wanted to do, but doesn't seem like they were able to pull it off.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,184
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by winterstout View Post
    Hey, I'm trying to get AT&T to swap my nano-SIM to an eSIM as I rather use the nano-SIM slot for a local SIM while travelling. Has anyone have recent success doing this? I first went to an AT&T store who reluctantly set me up with one. I scanned the QR code with my iphone, and it accepted it fine when I went through the process of adding a cellular plan. However, I can never get service using the eSIM. The nano-SIM still is fine. Its like the swap never happened with the eSIM getting fully provisioned. I contacted AT&T via online chat, who had issues trying to activate the eSIM the AT&T store gave me, and directed me to call tech support. They were also having trouble getting the eSIM to work and sent me another one in the mail. I tried that new one as well, though with the same results, no service with the eSIM. The phone was purchased directly from Apple, unlocked, without a contract. Any ideas what may be wrong here or how to guide AT&T in resolving this?
    see this thread - https://forums.att.com/conversations...d5f2f606112172

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    WEST COAST
    Posts
    125
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 7t Pro 5G McLaren; iPhone 11 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    i have had success with AT&T switching from Nano to eSim no issues for me.. I have a business account, I doubt that make a difference!
    OnePlus 7t Pro McLaren 5G (T-Mobile)

    iPhone SE Red 128GB (T-Mobile)

    LG V60 5G (AT&T)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,342
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro & 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mofoliar View Post
    i have had success with AT&T switching from Nano to eSim no issues for me.. I have a business account, I doubt that make a difference!
    Did you use Premier?

    I usually do the switch via Change SIM/IMEI > Enter iPhone Digital IMEI > Enter iPhone EID > Submit. Love that it doesn't require the stupid SIM QR code cards from the store.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    slc ut
    Posts
    1,368
    Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    0
    Do you have the esim set to primary for calls and data? In setting does your phone still show sim slot phone number with sim out? Mine did, I had to do a reset network settings and restart phone to get my port and switch to esim to work. After that all is well.
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    WEST COAST
    Posts
    125
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 7t Pro 5G McLaren; iPhone 11 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TWX View Post
    Did you use Premier?

    I usually do the switch via Change SIM/IMEI > Enter iPhone Digital IMEI > Enter iPhone EID > Submit. Love that it doesn't require the stupid SIM QR code cards from the store.
    The 1st time I did it I had to goto the store last yr.. Then I switched to Business account and just gave the info to my business acct. guy and he did it on his end!

Similar Threads

  1. SIM swap from Tablet to Smartphone
    By foxfire235 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-18-2015, 09:50 PM
  2. Bell SIM Swap From Dumbphone to Smartphone
    By KillaB77 in forum Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Solo
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 06:59 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 05:07 PM
  4. SIM swap from i95 to i730 (searched)
    By blouisgod in forum Software
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-16-2005, 02:27 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 08:53 PM

Bookmarks