Thread: Verizon Plan for a Samsung S10

Feedback Score

Verizon Plan for a Samsung S10

Unfortunately, a good lost his job today. His employer is allowing him to keep his Verizon Samsung S10. His employer had an unlimited talk, text, and data plan. I am assuming that he will want to obtain the type of unlimited plan.

I have a Verizon Samsung S7 and I have a Red prepaid plan with Boom Mobile. I have been pleased with Boom, but they do not have an unlimited data plan. The maximum that they have is 20GB and he uses a lot of data.

I am assuming that a prepaid plan will work for him. I do not see a difference between a prepaid and a postpaid plan. Boom Mobile debits my credit card monthly and it is seamless. Are there any benefits of a postpaid plan over a prepaid plan that I can pass along to him?

I gather that he either needs to get a plan from Verizon (do they have prepaid too?) or a carrier that uses Verizon lines and get a SIM card and plan from them.

Any recommendations regarding the benefits/disadvantages of prepaid or postpaid and a carrier for his Verizon S10 phone would greatly be appreciated.

Anovise

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    When I had an S8 I switched from verizon Postpaid to Verizon Prepaid. I just needed to install a new SIM card.
    When the S10 was released I got a launch one directly though Samsung.

In my use in the DC area, my prepaid experience has been identical to my postpaid experience. Only I pay much less per month now.
    But that experience can be different in other areas.

Feedback Score
    Visible has UT&T&D for $25/mo total if you get in a Party Pay group. The problem is, not all phones are usable on Visible, so you'll have to check the phone's compatibility on the Visible website.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    When I had an S8 I switched from verizon Postpaid to Verizon Prepaid. I just needed to install a new SIM card.
    When the S10 was released I got a launch one directly though Samsung.

In my use in the DC area, my prepaid experience has been identical to my postpaid experience. Only I pay much less per month now.
    But that experience can be different in other areas.

He is in Philadelphia, so I assume that the experience will be similar to yours. May I ask you where you purchase your Verizon prepaid plan?

Thanks,

Anovise

Feedback Score
    My wife was on an employer Verizon plan. She had to port to Verizon post paid before she could port to Verizon prepaid. They wouldn't let her port directly from business to prepaid

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman1 View Post
    My wife was on an employer Verizon plan. She had to port to Verizon post paid before she could port to Verizon prepaid. They wouldn't let her port directly from business to prepaid

Thank you for your post.

Being that he had to make a quick decision, he already went from his employers Verizon plan to his own Verizon postpaid plan. Unfortunately, it is costing him about $80 for the month, but it will be only one month. It is now time to take the next step.

He is not using anywhere as much mobile data as he thought because of WiFi. He is now thinking of a 10GB or 16GB plan. He wants to stay with Verizon towers because of the strong signal where his mother lives.

I am really confused regarding which way he should go.

He knows that he wants Verizon/Verizon towers and a prepaid account. As mentioned, I have a Verizon Samsung S7 and I have a Red prepaid plan (Verizon towers) with Boom Mobile. I have been pleased with them. Is this called an MVNO?

I have heard of Visible, which I understand is owned by Verizon, is also prepaid, and offers one unlimited data plan. Is Visible not an MVNO because it is owned by Verizon? As it turns out, his company is not giving him the S10, but a friend just upgraded and is giving hi his Samsung S8. Can you bring your own phone and get a Visible prepaid plan?

Does Verizon have their own prepaid? If so, what is the difference(s) between Visible and Verizon Prepaid?

Your thoughts would greatly be appreciated so an informed decision can be made!

Anovise

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Anovise View Post
    He is in Philadelphia, so I assume that the experience will be similar to yours. May I ask you where you purchase your Verizon prepaid plan?

Thanks,

Anovise
    Directly from Verizon. Initially, when I switched from Postpaid to Prepaid, I went to a local Verizon store to get that done. Since the switch I have done everything online.

Feedback Score
    Anovise, as I mentioned above, Visible allows only a limited number of devices. I know I've read about people using the S10 on Visible, but I'm not sure about the S8. Check compatibility at https://www.visible.com/shop/bring-your-own-phone.

Regarding where he should get service, what is his minute, text, and data usage monthly? Depending on usage needs, there are Vzw MVNO plans that can cost less than Visible's $25/mo (with Party Pay). But if he wants to stick with unlimited, Visible is hard to beat. They also have pretty good prices on phones, with a $100 or $200 Prepaid Mastercard® Virtual Account that comes a few days after month 2 is paid.

If you're interested, you can read about my son's Visible experience at https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...Service-Report.

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Visible has UT&T&D for $25/mo total if you get in a Party Pay group. The problem is, not all phones are usable on Visible, so you'll have to check the phone's compatibility on the Visible website.