Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: iPhone no longer notifying voicemails - no indication that there is one at all - (Total Wireless)

Feedback Score

iPhone no longer notifying voicemails - no indication that there is one at all - (Total Wireless)

So I don';t know when this started happening, I first noticed it a couple of weeks ago.
    I use Total Wireless, and I have been using them for a couple of years at least. No issues until now.
    I get calls from people that tell me that they could not leave a message because my mailbox was full, and I never even saw a notification that there was any voicemail at all. You know how you get the little red dot, that there is a voicemail, right? I get NOTHING. When I click on the Voicemail button, it's just blank, with a button that says "Call Voicemail" and when I do that and listen, I find out there there are several voicemails that I never knew about.

Anyone know what would be causing this?

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Do you know if you have received odd text messages with VVM near the start?

If you have, then it sounds like they could have switched to Android based Visual Voicemail.

Here is more info on what I am talking about: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...email-See-here

Feedback Score
    Yes very werid text messages that I JUST started getting when someone calls and leaves a message.
    What the hell is that? Ill check that link.

So I read all that, but it makes no sense as this has ALWAYS worked fine, on this phone, with Total Wireless. I just did a chat with them and they said that they have not made ANY changes to voicemail.

I did find an Apple update though so I am installing that. Must have just come out.
    Last edited by Chessie*; 06-02-2020 at 04:12 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Those weird text messages are the voicemail notification for Android phones with Visual Voicemail app. It is kinda like your Apple app, but it is for Android. From what I understand, the two are not cross platform compatible.

I remember a few months to about a year back people have had those voicemail changes. The same thing happen with other Tracfone brands too. The CSR could not figure it out when it happened. I do not know how many people got this corrected tho.

Feedback Score
    I did TWO chats with Total Wireless, they were no help. They said I needed to contact Apple, that my phone must have a bug. They have made NO changes to my account or voicemail.

This is insane. I can't deal with not having the visual voicemail - I have too many things going on now and I need to see and identify those messages. Any other suggestions?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessie* View Post
    I did TWO chats with Total Wireless, they were no help. They said I needed to contact Apple, that my phone must have a bug. They have made NO changes to my account or voicemail. This is insane. I can't deal with not having the visual voicemail - I have too many things going on now and I need to see and identify those messages. Any other suggestions?
    does your iphone have all the latest updates like carrier updates & ios updates ?? might also have TW reset your visual voicemail - see post #5 - https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ail-on-iPhones

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I did TWO chats with Total Wireless, they were no help. They said I needed to contact Apple, that my phone must have a bug. They have made NO changes to my account or voicemail.
    This type of issue is most likely on TW since they support voicemail and not Apple. There is very little that Apple can do unless there is a known issue with the iOS.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

This is insane. I can't deal with not having the visual voicemail - I have too many things going on now and I need to see and identify those messages. Any other suggestions?
    That is normal for support not to know this. From what I seen from other posts and understand, some system did this change automatically for some reason, and since it was automatically done, no one would know about the change. Hard to know why it was done too.

Sometimes you will need to find a higher tier CSR to get someone that will understand this stuff.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    They just fixed mine (tracfone iPhone). Regular customer service cannot fix / doesn't know about this so I was transferred to some corporate office and confirmed what some people said here, that my iphone voicemail was somehow configured as for android in their system, instead of iPhone. It took just a couple of minutes after that to for them to fix it. Now I got WM notifications and Visual voice mail back, no more weird texts.

I was lucky this time. After reading this thread I gave it another shot. I had tried a couple of times in the last few months and they couldn't or didn't know how to help me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho View Post
    They just fixed mine. Regular customer service cannot fix / doesn't know about this so I was transferred to some corporate office and confirmed what some people said here, that my iphone voicemail was somehow configured as for android in their system, instead of iPhone. It took just a couple of minutes after that to for them to fix it. Now I got WM notifications and Visual voice mail back, no more weird texts.

I was lucky this time. After reading this thread I gave it another shot. I had tried a couple of times in the last few months and they couldn't or didn't know how to help me.
    Chessie, this is the correct answer. Getting to a knowledgeable CSR that knows what to do to fix it is the hard part.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    does your iphone have all the latest updates like carrier updates & ios updates ?? might also have TW reset your visual voicemail - see post #5 - https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ail-on-iPhones
    Yes it is updated with the latest ios update, and carrier updated. I actually posted verbiage from several threads IN the chat and they completely ignored it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yes it is updated with the latest ios update, and carrier updated. I actually posted verbiage from several threads IN the chat and they completely ignored it.
    You might need to call and keep on asking for a higher tier CSR that might be more knowledgeable. If you don't get a knowledgeable CSR, you can just ask for another one. You will run into higher tier knowledgeable CSR, but it might take time to find one.

I have seen simple things work OK with their online chat, but harder things like this might need phone calls. It is hard to tell with Tracfone's CSR system tho.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    You might need to call and keep on asking for a higher tier CSR that might be more knowledgeable. If you don't get a knowledgeable CSR, you can just ask for another one. You will run into higher tier knowledgeable CSR, but it might take time to find one.

I have seen simple things work OK with their online chat, but harder things like this might need phone calls. It is hard to tell with Tracfone's CSR system tho.
    Someone with a username of AlexTrac private messaged me and said he was with Total Wireless, and to do a chat with them again. So I did that, and they still cannot fix it. I tried to reply to the AlexTrac pm and it says that his mailbox is full. This is SO FRUSTRATING.

I will have to call them directly, but at this point, I don't have any faith that anyone there knows what they are doing. If I can't get this fixed soon I am done with TW. This is just ridiculous.

Feedback Score
    So I talked directly with support at Total Wireless, and they told me that my account does show Visual Voicemail is activated, and that if I cannot see the voicemails, then I need to contact Apple because my visual voicemail app is missing. Huh????? This is CRAZY!!

Feedback Score
    If I can't get this fixed soon I am done with TW. This is just ridiculous.
    1. AlexTrax is fake news.
    2. This is an issue on several MVNO's, not just TW.
    3. Did you talk to CS at Corp like was recommended a week ago by someone with the same issue that got it fixed there; or still talking to off shore?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast