Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LG Neon Plus TF equivalent?

Feedback Score

LG Neon Plus TF equivalent?

Is there a TF equivalent of the AT&T LG Neon Plus LM-X320AM8¿?

It's a 32gb/2gb phone with 3000 mAh non removable battery.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    It looks like the LG Journey is closest to it. Same physical size but only 16GB of memory in the Tracfone version. AT&T maybe requested that their version of the phone have more memory, and maybe Tracfone wanted to only go for the cheapest spec?

Feedback Score
    The Neon is 69. at Walmart so it's fairly inexpensive. The battery is a little bit less than I'd expect for a phone upgraded to 32gb, but the screen is 5.45” so not huge and maybe less drain.

The specs say quad-core at the LG product page. Overall the specs do appear average so my guess it's to appeal to a lower end market while still giving 32gb. Only about half of that is available according to the specs. I was thinking they could tighten it up a bit but more memory just means space for more bloatware sometimes.

The few reviews I've seen were divided between gr8 and dismal.

If unlocked, could be used on TF as BYOP, but I'm guessing TF had 32 gb phones with better specs like the Moto g6. I was looking at the Optimo which isn't priced too badly.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Why didn`t you buy the refurbed Tracfone G6 "DL" model, 32GB/3GB when it was $30 delivered from Amazon? It`s very slightly shorter and narrower than your E5. A very responsive phone that has the One-button navigation on the front as the E4 had.

The AT&T prepaid phones may still be unlocked for use with an AT&T SIM, but not T-Mobile or Verizon service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Why didn`t you buy the refurbed Tracfone G6 "DL" model, 32GB/3GB when it was $30 delivered from Amazon? It`s very slightly shorter and narrower than your E5. A very responsive phone that has the One-button navigation on the front as the E4 had.

The AT&T prepaid phones may still be unlocked for use with an AT&T SIM, but not T-Mobile or Verizon service.
    I wanted to but decided to wait to hear reviews. Then it sold out. I probably should have and may get one eventually. The OS update issues concerned me. It's still available on TF eBay store so am hoping there'll be another good deal on it.

It really does sound like a good phone. I almost bought one, i shopped covers in anticipation but then let it go in favor of the Moto e5 with years service for 49.99 which I'd been wanting for awhile.

Feedback Score
    I was just looking at covers that fit the LG Neon Plus and saw LG Journey LTE listed as one of the phones the case fits. So it appears the Journey and Neon are similar in some ways. I was thinking of getting an LG Journey when it was $49 but the Moto e6 seemed better for the same price so it won.

I don't think the Neon is the best 32gb phone for the price range. But have to use it to know for sure. I often get along ok with lesser spec phones as long as they have a nice screen and keypad and the WiFi connection quality is solid. I usually like LG phones.

Feedback Score
    I was over at TF website and the Moto e6 was down to 39.99. Great price for a good basic and smooth operating device. But its 59.99 with a years service at TF eBay store.

The Optimo refurb is 59.99 (32gb/2gb). The thing that puts me off is the metal tab intrusion on the top screen. How does the notification bar work with that there?

The 29.99 refurb LG Fiesta is still there for 29.99 with 40% off with plan purchase. I have 3 Fiestas, and they are the champ on battery size at the lower price point.

I'm gearing up to buy another 32gb phone, probably a Moto but in the sub $80 range. G6 is what I have in mind.

Once I get that I should be set for awhile. Then I'll need a bigger storage bag for the lot. Currently I have my most utilized phones in an old padded camera bag in pencil pouches like the kind for binders but Dollar Tree bargains. The phones and their paperwork all fit in the pouches. Howsumever I need a new bigger bag for the new additions. It might be a padded zip Thermos type tote.

Someone just gave me a 7" Amazon Fire tablet but I need one with a Google platform for the work I do. I don't shop Amazon or use their apps. I'm all Google based. The Fire is nice like a big cellphone but I am just not into Amazon. I looked at some lower priced RCA tablets. I've heard they don't have the lifespan or battery life of cellphones is the only reason I haven't gotten any yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I was over at TF website and the Moto e6 was down to 39.99. Great price for a good basic and smooth operating device. But its 59.99 with a years service at TF eBay store.

The Optimo refurb is 59.99 (32gb/2gb). The thing that puts me off is the metal tab intrusion on the top screen. How does the notification bar work with that there?

The 29.99 refurb LG Fiesta is still there for 29.99 with 40% off with plan purchase. I have 3 Fiestas, and they are the champ on battery size at the lower price point.

I'm gearing up to buy another 32gb phone, probably a Moto but in the sub $80 range. G6 is what I have in mind.

Once I get that I should be set for awhile. Then I'll need a bigger storage bag for the lot. Currently I have my most utilized phones in an old padded camera bag in pencil pouches like the kind for binders but Dollar Tree bargains. The phones and their paperwork all fit in the pouches. Howsumever I need a new bigger bag for the new additions. It might be a padded zip Thermos type tote.

Someone just gave me a 7" Amazon Fire tablet but I need one with a Google platform for the work I do. I don't shop Amazon or use their apps. I'm all Google based. The Fire is nice like a big cellphone but I am just not into Amazon. I looked at some lower priced RCA tablets. I've heard they don't have the lifespan or battery life of cellphones is the only reason I haven't gotten any yet.

You sound like you have a great organization of your phones.
    I will have to give that a try.

Over the years mine are very disorganized.
    In drawers and in plastic shoe boxes.

The pencil pouches sounds perfect for keeping the phone and paper work together. All the information about the phone and service etc.

It also sounds like you have the bug that a lot of us here have.

I envy you your ability to make such nice additions to your collection.

Sent from my Mesmerizing Moto e5

Feedback Score
    You should google adding PlayStore to Amazon Fire devices. I had an Amazon Fire Phone a few years ago and was able to add Play Services to it and installed PlayStore. Was able to load apps from there. Don't recall any issues. The Fire Phone was actually a very good phone hardware wise. Amazon just stopped supporting it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    You should google adding PlayStore to Amazon Fire devices. I had an Amazon Fire Phone a few years ago and was able to add Play Services to it and installed PlayStore. Was able to load apps from there. Don't recall any issues. The Fire Phone was actually a very good phone hardware wise. Amazon just stopped supporting it.
    Thanks for the advice. I'll look into it. If I can add Playstore as an option that's a whole new ballgame since that's my go to for useful bloatware (). If i don't use it in a long time, it gets uninstalled.

Feedback Score
    I still have lots of old phones in boxes in drawers and an old kiddie backpack. Chargers, etc. The more useful ones get to go in the camera bag. That was for my old Minolta gear before digital became the thing.

The zip pencil pouches really work well and the ones at the dollar store might not have the three ring holes and Velcro instead of a zipper but for $1 they're fine just to go in the camera. On the other hand the binder pouches have two compartments.

I try to add on to the collection of phones as needed which isn't super often. I window shop a lot instead of buying, otherwise I would have double the phones, mostly lower end ones priced below $40-$50. I got the stimulus check in May and had to peel atleast $100 for a phone spree.

Feedback Score
    I have the plain Moto G7 with the smaller intrusion at the top. I think they call it a teardrop rather than a notch. It does chop off the notifications if there is not enough room. I have seen 1/2 of a notification icon on mine when the blank spot gets in the way.

If I go into Developer Options, I can disable the chopped up area at the top and have just a straight edge farther down just below the intrusion. The upper edge just stays black and unused.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/0...on-fire-tablet

Found a tutorial on how to do the Google Play installation on the Fire. Not something I'd want to try before having my morning orange juice.

If I try it I'll say if it installed properly. I may be better off returning it to the person who gave it to me and just buy a Google based one so I don't mess up anything in the Fire's OS.

The screen is a bit big for me, I prefer cellphone scaled virtual keypads. It would be great for reading text docs as I type. But I use Google Docs & Drive for creating text files and unless I could install Google Playstore apps, no access. Might be worth a try but I'm a technical dummy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    I have the plain Moto G7 with the smaller intrusion at the top. I think they call it a teardrop rather than a notch. It does chop off the notifications if there is not enough room. I have seen 1/2 of a notification icon on mine when the blank spot gets in the way.

If I go into Developer Options, I can disable the chopped up area at the top and have just a straight edge farther down just below the intrusion. The upper edge just stays black and unused.
    That's weird, wonder why they designed the phone that way when it intrudes on operational ability of the notification bar. Sorta ugly looking too. Maybe they thought it'd improve the speaker functionality for calls? I like the screen to be clear of obstruction, but that's not to say I wouldn't try a phone with the notch, teardrop, intrusion. It might have great functional features that way offset the notification bar annoyance. Sort of like the half empty cup/half full cup way of looking at things.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I've been using a 2016 Fire HD 8 that I enhanced with Google Play since December of that year. Pretty much my main browsing device, and great for the cheapskate in me. It's a cinch to fix up. Doesn't affect the OS at all. Dive in!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast