Thread: free iphone 7 with new line?

Device(s)
    iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

free iphone 7 with new line?

I am going to activate two new lines for my kids on our plan this week, but they are bringing their own phones. would we still be eligible for the iPhone 7 for free with since adding these new lines? I wish I could talk to an agent but I can't today.

I see it is a special they are running. My husband has a very old iphone se (not the new one) and was wondering if anyone had any idea.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    When you port in the phones, if you don't take advantage of the port in offer you can't use it later even if you bring your own phones. Use it or lose it. You would be able to do a standard upgrade whenever you want later, but not with the promotion.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thank you. Doesn't seem fair but it is what it is.

Feedback Score
    An idea I had was to go ahead with it, don’t tell the kids about the iPhone 7’s, and then if you want give them the phones for Christmas? Or tell the kids about it and use it as leverage to keep them well behaved to Christmas otherwise you’d sell the phones.

Device(s)
    iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My kids are in their 30s. LOL Both have brand new iphone 11s. I am putting them on my plan and thought hey I am adding two new lines. Sadly I can't use this to get my husband a new phone.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Keep in mind, the promo only works if there is at least one new line of service, not just an upgrade of an existing line. It essentially works like a buy one, get one free offer. In addition, you cannot cancel either line before the lease period is over (2 years typically) or you pay the full price of the "free" phone. Nothing new, been this way for almost 2 decades.

Technically, you could activate an eligible device on your husband's line of service, assuming it isn't locked to another cellular network and is supported on the Verizon network without having to buy a new phone.

Feedback Score
    I don't understand. Why can't you get the new iPhone 7's on the two new lines? After you activate the lines, then switch the sims into their iPhone 11's and give an iPhone 7 to your husband. What am I missing?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The promo phones can be swapped among the active lines on the same account as long as they stay active. Your husband's existing line isn't required to stay active unless it is still under a device lease program. The devices can be used interchangeably. Did your son's get new iPhone 11 devices recently, if so how long ago ??

Feedback Score
    If nothing else, go to Walmart and get your husband a new iPhone SE 2020 for $200 or $8 a month for 24 months. They've been out of stock online for about a month, but I went to a store and got one no problem.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    I don't understand. Why can't you get the new iPhone 7's on the two new lines? After you activate the lines, then switch the sims into their iPhone 11's and give an iPhone 7 to your husband. What am I missing?
    That's exactly what I was thinking as I was reading the thread. Seems overly simple.