Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PagePlus 5G?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Did you configure the APN for Page Plus?

https://www.apnsettings.org/us/page-plus/
    Since the link may be interesting to see, a visit produced this:

This site can’t be reachedwww.apnsettings.org took too long to respond.
    Try:

Checking the connection
    Checking the proxy and the firewall
    ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zok329 View Post
    Not sure if pageplus on the phone is giving me the right apn to enter. Its a brand new unlocked samsung s20fe sm-g781u1/ds model.
    Does it show an LTE icon next to the signal bars? Also should show in the Quick Settings menu. Is data turned on in Settings > Mobile data?

Feedback Score
    So I ended up getting it to work with lte. Name:  20210121_180756.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  23.9 KBName:  20210121_180756.jpg
Size:  23.9 KBName:  20210121_180756.jpg
Size:  23.9 KB

Feedback Score
    A big thanks to everyone that was helping me. Its very much appreciated.

Feedback Score
    I tried a web/internet search after making post #31, using keywording, APN Settings Page Plus Cellular; and there were a few seemingly useful listings which I only briefly looked at. I saw some consistency among them but did not look extremely carefully. Doing such a search might have been something you would have wanted to do, but you report that you have found the settings to use that you need.

Feedback Score
    So I ended up getting it to work with lte....
    How? What APN name?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    I tried a web/internet search after making post #31, using keywording, APN Settings Page Plus Cellular; and there were a few seemingly useful listings which I only briefly looked at. I saw some consistency among them but did not look extremely carefully.
    Hardly worth discussing the APN used by almost everyone on the Verizon network, which is VZWINTERNET. Many phones don't allow editing of the Verizon APN anyway, you just name it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    I tried a web/internet search after making post #31, using keywording, APN Settings Page Plus Cellular; and there were a few seemingly useful listings which I only briefly looked at. I saw some consistency among them but did not look extremely carefully. Doing such a search might have been something you would have wanted to do, but you report that you have found the settings to use that you need.
    Unless something changed recently there were only two APNs for PagePlus. TRACFONE.VZWENTP or VZWINTERNET. Sometimes depends on model of phone. More often the VZWINTERNET.

Feedback Score
    Thank you, well my mom has pageplus and this phone is for her.
    The S20 FE 5G is quite overkill for Page Plus service. These type phones are made for lots of data use, which is the weakness of the Standard plans.

Feedback Score
    I have an almost identical problem, so I want to make sure I know what to do...

I have a US factory unlocked Samsung Galaxy S20 5G, and like the user zok329, I too get from the PagePlusCellular IMEI checker the result that 5g cannot be activated on PP Cellular. When I checked on the Verizon IMEI Checker (as suggested by user rpz1), the result is:

"Awesome, your Samsung SAM GS20 SM-G981U1 UNL is a perfect match for our network."

Note, I have a PP plan for voice and text (which I rarely use). I know this is an overkill phone, but I just wanted a phone that wouldn't be obsolete once I no longer am using PP Cellular. While my 3G flip phone still works on my PP plan, I know that it is way past 1-Jan, so they could shut down my phone any time. So this S20 G5 was just to protect myself should that happen. Eventually, when I run down my $70+ on this PP account, I would switch. I'm perfectly fine with using the 4GLTE for voice, and turning off all other use of 4G and unusable 5G except for when I am on WiFi...

Anyway, I have a SIM card for TracePhone that they said PP Cellular uses. So how Can I go about activating this phone on PP Cellular despite the fact that their IMEI checker denies it because it is 5G? Any help would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by inquirer22 View Post
    .....................I too get from the PagePlusCellular IMEI checker the result that 5g cannot be activated on PP Cellular.
    Is that exactly what the PP checker says ? Could it be it's not saying the phone can't be activated at all; it's just advising you that it won't have 5G service. Just a guess.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by inquirer22 View Post
    While my 3G flip phone still works on my PP plan, I know that it is way past 1-Jan, so they could shut down my phone any time. So this S20 G5 was just to protect myself should that happen.
    Latest word from Verizon is that they are not going to completely shut down the CDMA network until Jan. 2023. They have been taking part of that away for other uses, so the signal quality might be degraded in some areas. I tested the 1xRTT signal in my area and it is usable but very weak. Seems a waste to use something like a Galaxy S20 5G phone on a PPC PayGo plan. Plenty of other cheap phones for that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Is that exactly what the PP checker says ? Could it be it's not saying the phone can't be activated at all; it's just advising you that it won't have 5G service. Just a guess.
    Not the OP, but I have a Pixel 4a 5G that gets the same message and it would not let me activate it with PagePlus. I don't expect to get 5G service, but with that IMEI they would not let me start ANY service. I have problems with that IMEI on TracFone/VZW too, but its clear on Verizon itself, so I think it has something to do with how TracFone handles these 5g devices.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    Not the OP, but I have a Pixel 4a 5G that gets the same message and it would not let me activate it with PagePlus. I don't expect to get 5G service, but with that IMEI they would not let me start ANY service. I have problems with that IMEI on TracFone/VZW too, but its clear on Verizon itself, so I think it has something to do with how TracFone handles these 5g devices.
    IMHO from what I read, it's premature to get a 5G phone now anyway unless it's one that supports uwb 5G and you live in a city that has that.
    And even uwb is speed the majority of people don't need for anything they do. Regular nationwide 5G isn't much different then LTE for normal use. You may see a difference on a speed test, but speed is over rated for the things we do. In another year what you're paying for a 5G phone now will be half the price for an equivalent spec phone.

Feedback Score
    I swapped a two year old phone for a brand new 5g phone so I did it for the deal. Otherwise I agree 5g is overrated and not necessary. I just wish my phone would directly activate on PP/TF VZW.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast