Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: AT&T MVNO with Unlimited data, VoLTE, WIFI calling and eSIM?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0

    Lightbulb AT&T MVNO with Unlimited data, VoLTE, WIFI calling and eSIM?

    I may be looking for a unicorn. Does anyone know of any AT&T MVNO or reseller offering these features for sub $60/month?

    • Unlimited Data (deprioritization after XX GB ok)
    • Hotspot
    • WIFI calling
    • eSIM (may be flexible on this)


    Cricket deprioritizes all traffic so it wasn't an option. I am currently with AT&T prepaid on their $75 Unlimited Plus plan ($50 after discounts) but WIFI calling is not available and I seem to be having some odd VoLTE issues on this plan that support doesn't seem to be able to fix (alongside enabling wifi calling).

    Several months back I had all these features for $50 a month with WingAlpha on their AT&T "Unlimited" plan before their data cap fiasco.

    WingAlpha did not notify their customers about the surprise 30GB hard data cap on my "unlimited" - maybe because I usually used less than 20GB but nonetheless. The one month I needed to live off my hotspot due to coronavirus my plan immediatley became dataless (not even 2G).... nice suprise that Wing's support wouldn't even be able to do anything to restore data unless I allowed them to port my number to Wing T-mobile plan (wtf?). So I ported out because I felt Wing is a scam company.

    Funny because Wing just did asimilar thing once again on their T-mobile plan so glad I dodged a bullet but I really want to have WIFI calling back. It's unfortunate because this AT&T prepaid plan seems to fit almost all my needs. Guess I got spoiled when I had everything I wanted.

    If you know where I can find such unicorn on AT&T please let me know!
    https://prepaidcompare.net/ doesn't seem to list them all (zillatalkwireless.com seems like an option but seems to be unknown to most).

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    434
    Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLinuxGuy View Post
    I may be looking for a unicorn. Does anyone know of any AT&T MVNO or reseller offering these features for sub $60/month?

    • Unlimited Data (deprioritization after XX GB ok)
    • Hotspot
    • WIFI calling
    • eSIM (may be flexible on this)


    Cricket deprioritizes all traffic so it wasn't an option. I am currently with AT&T prepaid on their $75 Unlimited Plus plan ($50 after discounts) but WIFI calling is not available and I seem to be having some odd VoLTE issues on this plan that support doesn't seem to be able to fix (alongside enabling wifi calling).

    Several months back I had all these features for $50 a month with WingAlpha on their AT&T "Unlimited" plan before their data cap fiasco.

    WingAlpha did not notify their customers about the surprise 30GB hard data cap on my "unlimited" - maybe because I usually used less than 20GB but nonetheless. The one month I needed to live off my hotspot due to coronavirus my plan immediatley became dataless (not even 2G).... nice suprise that Wing's support wouldn't even be able to do anything to restore data unless I allowed them to port my number to Wing T-mobile plan (wtf?). So I ported out because I felt Wing is a scam company.

    Funny because Wing just did asimilar thing once again on their T-mobile plan so glad I dodged a bullet but I really want to have WIFI calling back. It's unfortunate because this AT&T prepaid plan seems to fit almost all my needs. Guess I got spoiled when I had everything I wanted.

    If you know where I can find such unicorn on AT&T please let me know!
    https://prepaidcompare.net/ doesn't seem to list them all (zillatalkwireless.com seems like an option but seems to be unknown to most).
    Checkout boom! Mobile. We have everything you mentioned.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,312
    Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H. View Post
    Checkout boom! Mobile. We have everything you mentioned.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I second this.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,524
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H. View Post
    Checkout boom! Mobile. We have everything you mentioned.
    My friend is on the Boom blue 360 day plan and can't get wi-fi calling working on his unlocked moto g power. It is universally unlocked and just came out a couple months ago. Is there something Boom has to do to "activate" wi-fi calling for a non-at&t branded/sold device? It is my understanding that most iphones, no matter where they are bought, are able to get wi-fi calling, but a lot of byod androids are locked out by at&t from getting wi-fi calling.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    434
    Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    My friend is on the Boom blue 360 day plan and can't get wi-fi calling working on his unlocked moto g power. It is universally unlocked and just came out a couple months ago. Is there something Boom has to do to "activate" wi-fi calling for a non-at&t branded device? It's my understanding that most iphones are able to get wi-fi calling, but a lot of byod androids are locked out by at&t from getting wi-fi calling.
    We have to put in a request with ATT for non branded androids. We have about a 50/50 chance of it working when we request it. We have requested ATT develop a patch for the issue.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,280
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just curious. If we are looking for eSim how do we request one upon ordering?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,213
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Just curious. If we are looking for eSim how do we request one upon ordering?
    see this thread here - https://www.reddit.com/r/NoContract/...supports_esim/ you activate the boom blue sim, then contact customer support saying you want to switch to the esim. Give them the IMEI2 and EID. They will push the esim profile to iphone (No esim activation card needed for iphone).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    876
    Feedback Score
    0
    My understanding from Boom advertising that WIFI Calling would work with Boom Blue. I bought the test sim kit. In fact with my factory unlocked Galaxy S10e WIFI Calling does not work. When I contacted Boom Support they said I would need an AT&T Phone.

    Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    434
    Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    My understanding from Boom advertising that WIFI Calling would work with Boom Blue. I bought the test sim kit. In fact with my factory unlocked Galaxy S10e WIFI Calling does not work. When I contacted Boom Support they said I would need an AT&T Phone.

    Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app
    Please see post #5 above. We will have to ask ATT to see if they will add it for us.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    876
    Feedback Score
    0
    Putting in a request is a joke. This is a long standing policy with AT&T. BYOD Android Phones are not allowed WIFI Calling. There are many Android phones that support the WIFI calling AT&T just won't provision the line for it. About 18 months ago you could put your SIM in an IPhone wait about 30 minutes for WIFI Calling to start working then move the SIM to your BYOD Android and WIFI Calling would work for a day or two. Not anymore. This is purely an AT&T policy issue.

    Sent from my SM-T720 using HoFo mobile app

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,106
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    Putting in a request is a joke. This is a long standing policy with AT&T. BYOD Android Phones are not allowed WIFI Calling. There are many Android phones that support the WIFI calling AT&T just won't provision the line for it. About 18 months ago you could put your SIM in an IPhone wait about 30 minutes for WIFI Calling to start working then move the SIM to your BYOD Android and WIFI Calling would work for a day or two. Not anymore. This is purely an AT&T policy issue.

    Sent from my SM-T720 using HoFo mobile app
    It's not a policy issue or device issue , but a plan issue (provision issue). I am using an at&t branded note 10+ and iPhone and wifi calling does not work on any device with this $75 unlimited plan

    Sent from my SM-N975U using HoFo mobile app

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,213
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    It's not a policy issue or device issue , but a plan issue (provision issue). I am using an at&t branded note 10+ and iPhone and wifi calling does not work on any device with this $75 unlimited plan Sent from my SM-N975U using HoFo mobile app
    seems like it's being removed on the more expensive plan also - https://www.reddit.com/r/ATT/comment...to_connect_on/ Try to reset network settings. If not try to disable WiFi and enable it again.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,984
    Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    seems like it's being removed on the more expensive plan also - https://www.reddit.com/r/ATT/comment...to_connect_on/ Try to reset network settings. If not try to disable WiFi and enable it again.
    What in God's name is AT&T's play here? The whole point of WiFi calling is to provide service in weak signal areas, and (to a lesser extent) unload some capacity from the cellular network. Both these things are *advantages* for the cell provider, since they increase customer satisfaction and lessen the chance they'll switch providers.

    Same with their VoLTE policies- why would AT&T want to prevent any customers with compatible equipment from having a better experience on their network? Just to try and extort a few extra bucks from branded hardware sales?

    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,983
    Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you make it difficult for the end user, once they get everything working, you will never switch to a competitor!

    Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Western Massachusetts
    Posts
    130
    Device(s)
    iPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Try Community Phone for $55 for unlimited and ticks all your boxes including esim.

    AT&T or Tmobile

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLinuxGuy View Post
    I may be looking for a unicorn. Does anyone know of any AT&T MVNO or reseller offering these features for sub $60/month?

    • Unlimited Data (deprioritization after XX GB ok)
    • Hotspot
    • WIFI calling
    • eSIM (may be flexible on this)


    Cricket deprioritizes all traffic so it wasn't an option. I am currently with AT&T prepaid on their $75 Unlimited Plus plan ($50 after discounts) but WIFI calling is not available and I seem to be having some odd VoLTE issues on this plan that support doesn't seem to be able to fix (alongside enabling wifi calling).

    Several months back I had all these features for $50 a month with WingAlpha on their AT&T "Unlimited" plan before their data cap fiasco.

    WingAlpha did not notify their customers about the surprise 30GB hard data cap on my "unlimited" - maybe because I usually used less than 20GB but nonetheless. The one month I needed to live off my hotspot due to coronavirus my plan immediatley became dataless (not even 2G).... nice suprise that Wing's support wouldn't even be able to do anything to restore data unless I allowed them to port my number to Wing T-mobile plan (wtf?). So I ported out because I felt Wing is a scam company.

    Funny because Wing just did asimilar thing once again on their T-mobile plan so glad I dodged a bullet but I really want to have WIFI calling back. It's unfortunate because this AT&T prepaid plan seems to fit almost all my needs. Guess I got spoiled when I had everything I wanted.

    If you know where I can find such unicorn on AT&T please let me know!
    https://prepaidcompare.net/ doesn't seem to list them all (zillatalkwireless.com seems like an option but seems to be unknown to most).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AT&T MVNO with unlimited data
    By kevdogg32901 in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-18-2020, 01:04 PM
  2. AT&T gave me Unlimited Data Back!
    By Eileen89 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-29-2016, 01:13 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2013, 03:41 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 02:01 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 09:05 AM

Bookmarks