Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Unlimited Hotspot

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    60
    Feedback Score
    0

    Unlimited Hotspot

    WTB......unlimited mobile hotspot plan with a jet pack, Of anyone can help me please PM me..........thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    546
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JPL226 View Post
    WTB......unlimited mobile hotspot plan with a jet pack, Of anyone can help me please PM me..........thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Check out http://rvmobileinternet.com


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,887
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Or.. just put a Visible SIM in an iPhone. When using an iPhone I do not seem to have the device limit or speed cap.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    Visible: $25 “toy” SIM card to throw in whatever’s secondary.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    39
    Feedback Score
    0
    Visible mobile hotspot is limited to 5 mbps

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,887
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by seemcity View Post
    Visible mobile hotspot is limited to 5 mbps
    I usually get 10-20Mbps from it, and really.. from verizon you're not going to get much better anyway.

    OR move somewhere with a decent ISP?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,905
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by seemcity View Post
    Visible mobile hotspot is limited to 5 mbps
    5 Mbps is the service offering for hotspot, but they don't seem to have implemented the throttle. I routinely get 20-30 Mbps hotspot - the same as on the phone itself.

    They can start throttling hotspot anytime they want to per the service level offered. There is not anything I do that only 5 Mbps would be a problem for the cost of the service.

    They do appear to be doing something differently than straight Verizon. The data speed can vary widely from one minute to the next. I can get 1.5 Mbps one minute and 30 the next. That is speed testing. In real use it works without noticing the differences.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    194
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is it just me, or is it crazy to get unlimited on device tether at 5Mbps (when the speed restriction is even working) on Visible when PostPaid on device tethers are hard throttled to 600 kbps (after using your allotment) every time?

    Does that make any sense at all? 600kbps is hardly useable save for web browsing and email.

    5Mbps is the same speed I get all the time for streaming on post paid.


    Sent from my iPhone XSM using Tapatalk Pro

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    628
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JSchnee21 View Post
    Is it just me, or is it crazy to get unlimited on device tether at 5Mbps (when the speed restriction is even working) on Visible when PostPaid on device tethers are hard throttled to 600 kbps (after using your allotment) every time?

    Does that make any sense at all? 600kbps is hardly useable save for web browsing and email.

    5Mbps is the same speed I get all the time for streaming on post paid.


    Sent from my iPhone XSM using Tapatalk Pro
    I agree. I wish the minimum was 2mbps down. That would at least be useable.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,246
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    I agree. I wish the minimum was 2mbps down. That would at least be useable.
    You think he supposedly "best network" would be able to handle that. their 480p video streams at 2 Mbps so why couldn't a hotspot be that speed?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0

    Zzz zzz zzz

    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Or.. just put a Visible SIM in an iPhone. When using an iPhone I do not seem to have the device limit or speed cap.
    Having very little experience with iphones, is there a setting that can keep the phone from "falling asleed" and shutting down the hotspot wifi connection?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    306
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Or.. just put a Visible SIM in an iPhone. When using an iPhone I do not seem to have the device limit or speed cap.
    How did you get it to work? I can’t


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,905
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    How did you get it to work? I can’t
    What model iPhone do you have?

    Visible only works in their approved models. Same goes for Androids.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    306
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    What model iPhone do you have?

    Visible only works in their approved models. Same goes for Androids.
    I’m trying to use an iPhone 6 Plus. Also, will visible work in a hotspot? I’m assuming no because I think I read that they can detect what device it’s in unless you do some sort of work around correct? Thanks!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,905
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    I’m trying to use an iPhone 6 Plus. Also, will visible work in a hotspot? I’m assuming no because I think I read that they can detect what device it’s in unless you do some sort of work around correct? Thanks!
    The iPhone 6 Plus is on the compatible list. The phones do need to be unlocked and not under contract to a carrier.

    https://www.visible.com/help/compatible

    You could try a chat with them at visible.com to see if they can sort it out.

    Visible does not work in hotspot devices. They are not selling hotspot device service. Yes, they do know what device the SIM is in and block ones that are not on their compatible phone list.

    Otherwise, I don't know much about iPhones.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,887
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    How did you get it to work? I can’t


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just put the SIM in, if it's unlocked, not marked stolen, or balance owed.. it'll "just work"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    You think he supposedly "best network" would be able to handle that. their 480p video streams at 2 Mbps so why couldn't a hotspot be that speed?
    They know they're spectrum starved, and they really cannot support it.

    I remember a time Verizon refused to put WiFi in the blackberries they sold because their 3G was "good enough, and no customer should need WiFi", and they sold unlimited LTE hotspot, as well as did not throttle video - but then they had a rude awakening about how garbage their spectrum holdings were once they got the iPhone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SOC for free Unlimited HotSpot Calling (@Home Wi-Fi) for Families?
    By Amiga in forum HotSpot / HotSpot Calling / @ Home
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 06-22-2013, 10:27 PM
  2. Unlimited HotSpot Calling for Families for Free?
    By MagicKnight in forum HotSpot / HotSpot Calling / @ Home
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 11:24 AM
  3. Unlimited HotSpot Calling for Families for Free?
    By MagicKnight in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 12:30 AM
  4. ZN5: T-Mobile Unlimited Hotspot Calling?
    By born2drv in forum Motorola
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 05:11 AM
  5. Unlimited HotSpot Calling
    By bluefish in forum HotSpot / HotSpot Calling / @ Home
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 04:49 PM

Bookmarks