Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Selecting TMobile Towers with Sprint iPhone 11

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckspaul View Post
    I don't think at this point in beginning phases of the integration thats an option for me given there are areas where Sprint has coverage and TMobile doesnt. Rather have the option to turn on and turn off Sprint lte bands on the s10 and get voice calls at least rather than no service. Also the cdma side is last resort if needed but Verizon roaming seems to be gone

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Try again using the chat feature. You will have to go through the motion of having a problem with coverage. Eventually you will get transferred to tech support. At tech support just explain how your phone roamed on t-mobile and you experienced better speeds etc on t mobile. I was able to add it for my lines but it took some time... Im enjoying the big upload speed.. I was able to reach 38mbps on upload. Also after a certain date the Soc code is available for all phones.. that date already passed.

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MOBILE GSM View Post
    Try again using the chat feature. You will have to go through the motion of having a problem with coverage. Eventually you will get transferred to tech support. At tech support just explain how your phone roamed on t-mobile and you experienced better speeds etc on t mobile. I was able to add it for my lines but it took some time... Im enjoying the big upload speed.. I was able to reach 38mbps on upload. Also after a certain date the Soc code is available for all phones.. that date already passed.
    Awesome thanks. I'll try that. When they move you over to tmobile with the soc code what if tmobile has no coverage and Sprint towers do will it switch back to sprint temporary until TMobile is available again?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Awesome thanks. I'll try that. When they move you over to tmobile with the soc code what if tmobile has no coverage and Sprint towers do will it switch back to sprint temporary until TMobile is available again?

I believe you will roam on another partner network or if sprint has coverage then you will use them. The SOC code just pushed the priority for T-mobile towers but your still in sprints core, so you will have coverage both ways.

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MOBILE GSM View Post
    I believe you will roam on another partner network or if sprint has coverage then you will use them. The SOC code just pushed the priority for T-mobile towers but your still in sprints core, so you will have coverage both ways.
    Nice thanks

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Nice thanks

This is what they are doing with the new 5G devices -- they now prefer the T-Mobile network, but can still bump down to Sprint and CDMA as needed. I believe the Sprint roaming partners stay in force, both domestic and international. Essentially makes the Sprint phone a T-Mobile MVNO that still uses their own roaming partners and original network for fallback.

N

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NGeorge View Post
    This is what they are doing with the new 5G devices -- they now prefer the T-Mobile network, but can still bump down to Sprint and CDMA as needed. I believe the Sprint roaming partners stay in force, both domestic and international. Essentially makes the Sprint phone a T-Mobile MVNO that still uses their own roaming partners and original network for fallback.

N
    Yep 100% accurate. If my S20 loses tmo coverage it falls back to sprint lte if its around and then CDMA and if neither has coverge it roams on ATT. Tmobile customers just lose service if there is none.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terrell352 View Post
    Yep 100% accurate. If my S20 loses tmo coverage it falls back to sprint lte if its around and then CDMA and if neither has coverge it roams on ATT. Tmobile customers just lose service if there is none.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk
    Sprint told me today only the 5g phones s20 can only can be TMobile tower prioritized. No other devices so blah

Feedback Score

how to post a thread

sorry for the interruption here but i cannot find the NEW THREAD ICON Please some one let me know and thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomshf View Post
    sorry for the interruption here but i cannot find the NEW THREAD ICON Please some one let me know and thanks
    You have to be on the main forum topic page (Sprint in this case) to post a new topic. You can't do it from a thread.

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Not that I would every use or need 2g or 3g but Sprint side accounts are blocked from using them where available see screen shots

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2