Thread: TF TCL A2 A507DL 3gb RAM/ 32gb

Feedback Score

TF TCL A2 A507DL 3gb RAM/ 32gb

https://shop.tracfone.com/shop/en/tr...-tcl-a2-a507dl

I usually avoid the TCL models but this was new so decided to look. Surprised it has 3 gb RAM on top of 32gb internal memory.

3000 mAh battery. 5.5" screen.

It had two reviews. Low res screen I think could ruin the specs.

I don't expect it to compare to Moto or LG but the 3gb RAM might make it worth trying.

Maybe not at 59.99 (the refurb Moto g7 Optimo with 2gb RAM and 32gb memory might be better at that price) but if offered with a year's service bundle.

When I hit the back button it offered a 15% off pop up.

Anybody have this phone and is it worthwhile?

Is it slow, slaggy, or is the screen cheap plastic feeling, or slow/unresponsiveż?

Just wondering.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I doubt if it's any better quality than their previous models. TCL is astonishingly bad IMHO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    I doubt if it's any better quality than their previous models. TCL is astonishingly bad IMHO.
    The reviews on the others weren't too good, it's why I avoided them. They might be ok as a rarely used phone. But for not much more could get something better, LG is usually reliable. It's the 3gb that interested me. Wish all 32gb phones had 3gb RAM.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Here ya go...

Moto G6 bundle 32 / 3 GB, $69.99 out the door!

Great little device.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Mo...kAAOSwmjZeU-nv

Feedback Score
    I've been considering the Moto g6 for awhile and the price drop is very challenging to refuse. My big problemo with it is that some folks are loving theirs and others are not for various reasons, one of them concerning updates that interfere with the phone's operation.

The bundle deal makes it more attractive because the service alone is worth the purchase price for both.

I am sure most of the g6 are okay with no notable issues but I'm afraid I'll be the lucky loser who gets the bum one. Usually I have been lucky and have gotten good phones from the various service providers including refurbs.

I may eventually buy one if they stay at that price, if it's a bum one I can transfer the service to one of my unactivated phones. If it has no flukes I'm sure I'd like it. I've overcome my fear of the glass back because a phone case can protect it.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Did you notice that the $69.99 deal is for a New G6... not refurbished.

Feedback Score
    New might make a difference as opposed to refurb, it's the luck of the draw in either case. The year's service makes the choice tip in a phone's favor if there are doubts or other tempting choices. The price certainly has my attention. In appearance it reminds me of the e5, but probably the resemblance ends there. If the cases that fit the e5 fit the g6 I have a case that will fit it. So the glass back isn't an issue. What I need to do is go dredge up reviews from actual users who own the phone. I've seen some already but it helps me get a better idea of a phone's strengths and failings. Some are honeymoon reviews where they haven't had the phone more than a few days, but some are in depth.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    If the cases that fit the e5 fit the g6 I have a case that will fit it.
    The dimensions of the E5 and G6 are not the same. With a case, even 1 mm makes a difference in how the case fits.

Moto E5 vs Moto G6

Feedback Score
    Well, no big issue if an e5 case won't fit a g6 since there are probably lots of cases specifically for the g6. I got some clear one piece rubbery flexible cases for some of my phones and they work fairly well. Only issue is the power button is harder to push on my Moto e6, and e5. Have to use my fingernail to get a response. Otherwise they fit well.

I've been over reading reviews on the g6. I Googled the phone and specified reviews. It gives over 3000 reviews that way gathered from different sources, and whew, that's a lot of reviews even if you're a speed reader.

Feedback Score
    Apparently there's a TCL A2X A508DL due out at TF with 3gb RAM, came across the user manual and it looks different, has a screen with notch at the top. Don't know when it's going to be available for a closer look.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Apparently there's a TCL A2X A508DL due out at TF with 3gb RAM, came across the user manual and it looks different, has a screen with notch at the top. Don't know when it's going to be available for a closer look.
    Maybe I'm being unfair to TCL, but the 3GB RAM is just lipstick on a pig IMHO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Maybe I'm being unfair to TCL, but the 3GB RAM is just lipstick on a pig IMHO.
    I've never had a TCL so I can't say yea or nay, the only way to find out is getting feedback from anyone who has had one, or getting one and finding out the hard way.

I don't think it would be worthwhile getting a 16gb TCL if everything is relatively mediocre, the lipstick is probably offering the 3gb RAM as well as 32gb Internal. Some of the 32gb phones only have 2gb RAM which seems like poor economy with a 32gb device.

Feedback Score
    Actually, I'm thinking that the 5.5" screen size of the Moto e6 fits better in my hand than a phone with 5.7" screen. Too bad the e6 doesn't have 32gb memory, but then it wouldn't be $39 right now. It's a good phone by my basic estimation. But there are other 32gb phones that are 5.5".

I was showing someone my Moto's today and trying to convince them to try the e5 or e6 on TF's $20/mo ut/ut plan. Don't know if they will, but their old VZ flip isn't going to be continued and they won't let them swap their flip plan to a new phone. I said TF has phones that run on VZ and they'll get the same towers but maybe cheaper service. Would be nice to think I helped someone.

I probably should get another e6 off of eBay with the year's service for 59.99 before they're all gone. They have a removable battery which most don't have now, and if one e6 gets damaged, it still hopefully has a swappable battery.

I was looking at the LG Solo with year's service, specs don't sound bad, 16gb 5.7" though, but I think 59.99.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Talked someone into trying a TF. It's their first smartphone, their Verizon flip was being retired. She said she's going to have her son order a Moto e6 for her. I showed her my phones, thought she might want a flip but she said she might want to try a smartphone. The e6 is newer, a little smaller, a good price for $39. Hope they like it. She wants the $20/mo ut/ut plan. If she likes it, great! But being her first smartphone, if she doesn't like it, I hope she doesn't hate me because she works here,

Anyone ever try the 5.7" TF LG Solo? It's 16gb but its specs don't seem too bad. I'm looking too at the LG Xpression 32gb, but that's not a TF and I'm not sure if it comes in a TF version by another name.

I am always looking.

Sent from my LM-X320 using HoFo mobile app