Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Very cheap AT&T MVNO?

Feedback Score

Very cheap AT&T MVNO?

What providers should I consider?

I have been paying for $10 topups every 90 days but would like something where I can pay even less than $3.33/month. Something like Tello but AT&T. Lycamobile is no longer an option?

I don't want to do anything with ads or less stable like FreedomPop.

My usage would be extremely low but vary.

Typical usage: 20-50MB and 0-2 SMS and 0 mins.

I want to be able to use more on demand (and then I would topup after using more in case I need more in the next weeks).

Feedback Score
    Idk anything cheaper for that usage. If it was emergency ONLY Truphone I believe never expires. But $30 to start & $0.09 a unit could blow it up for you.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Idk anything cheaper for that usage. If it was emergency ONLY Truphone I believe never expires. But $30 to start & $0.09 a unit could blow it up for you.
    Thanks! I would do that if there is nothing better.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE (2nd generation)
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    If you don't have to have AT&T, Page Plus (Verizon MVNO) is $10 every 120 days. $.05/MB and $.05/text

Take a look at prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    Thanks! I would do that if there is nothing better.
    But if you use 50MB, that would cost $4.50 on Truphone. Also, the $30 start-up cost is $15 for the SIM and only $15 in service credit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    But if you use 50MB, that would cost $4.50 on Truphone. Also, the $30 start-up cost is $15 for the SIM and only $15 in service credit.
    Oh. Thanks for pointing that out

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmart View Post
    If you don't have to have AT&T, Page Plus (Verizon MVNO) is $10 every 120 days. $.05/MB and $.05/text

Take a look at prepaidcompare.net
    Hm, you helped me remember that AT&T is not the only GSM provider. (Phone has a SIM card.) Apparently I can use a T-Mobile MVNO too? Wow!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    Hm, you helped me remember that AT&T is not the only GSM provider. (Phone has a SIM card.) Apparently I can use a T-Mobile MVNO too? Wow!
    That's generally true for an unlocked phone, but how well it will work on T-Mo depends on the phone and what LTE bands it supports.

But to my knowledge, if you don't have a Vzw VoLTE compatible phone to be able to use the PPC $10/120 days ($2.50/30 days) paygo plan, the H2O paygo plan is the next cheapest, especially if you set up autopay, where the cost is $9/90 days, or $3/30 days.

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Nothing cheaper. The good old days of freeupmobile is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    A correction to a comment above.

Pageplus Cellular is does have a $10 every 120 days plan, but the cost per minute or per text is 6 cents, not 5 cents. See https://www.pagepluscellular.com/plans/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by analogman View Post
    A correction to a comment above.

Pageplus Cellular is does have a $10 every 120 days plan, but the cost per minute or per text is 6 cents, not 5 cents. See https://www.pagepluscellular.com/plans/
    Where did anybody mention the cost per minute on the PPC paygo plan in this thread? I don't see that, which makes sense, since minutes aren't even being discussed here.

Also, according to https://www.pagepluscellular.com/plans/10-standard-pin/, texts cost $0.05 each, which is what was previously stated above.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Truphone
    Feedback Score
    I’m a Truphone fan. Although startup is a little steep, essentially $15 for the sim and $15 credit, no one has mentioned that incoming calls and texts are free. No expiration date. Combine this with a TextNow app (both voice and text) that I use whenever I can use WiFi, and that $15 credit can last a very long time.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Do I dare mention TracFone - at their ebay store, there is a $60 1 year 1200m/1200t/3GB data.

Also several phones bundled with 1500m/ 1500text / 1500MB data for $50. The balances could be transferred to another phone soon

after activating. BUT, this is still >> 4.20 / month . Might be able to lower that over time by selling the phones with bundles,

occasional oopsy bonus airtime from TF. They have ATT, Verizon, Tmobile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipy View Post
    I’m a Truphone fan. Although startup is a little steep, essentially $15 for the sim and $15 credit, no one has mentioned that incoming calls and texts are free. No expiration date. Combine this with a TextNow app (both voice and text) that I use whenever I can use WiFi, and that $15 credit can last a very long time.
    I agree that Truphone can be a great service if the usage fits.

But did you see how the OP stated "Typical usage: 20-50MB and 0-2 SMS and 0 mins"?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast