Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Poorly Covered Public Beaches

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    The passenger can wait also. We were talking about saving lives here.

It just amazes me that some people want technology to make their life so safe, yet they're not willing to do the simple things which will do so much more for health and safety. I mean, most people eat fast food or Mexican or Chinese food regularly, sit on the couch for hours, don't exercise, smoke, drink alcohol, etc. yet are worried about some freak accident at the beach happening where they don't have cell service. There are so many things we can do for ourselves to lengthen and strengthen our life. JMO
    No, and No.. There's a reason your solution has never been implemented.

If i'm a passenger on a multi-hour road trip (honestly, the only time i'm ever in a car anymore - living in a city with great public transit is amazing).. then i'm going to use my phone as a passenger.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"
    Sprint: Premium Unlimited (for 100GB hotspot!)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru30 View Post
    No as a passenger I will not wait to use my phone since I have a right to use my property when I am a passanger of a moving vehicle. I am for civil and criminal peniltys for distracted drivers but I am against software that takes away my right to use my property in a vehicle I am not driving.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    No, and No.. There's a reason your solution has never been implemented.

If i'm a passenger on a multi-hour road trip (honestly, the only time i'm ever in a car anymore - living in a city with great public transit is amazing).. then i'm going to use my phone as a passenger.
    I guess we all agree then. Some steps taken to protect us against ourselves and to make life perfectly safe are just plain silly.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    At some point, each end user has to take responsibility, you cannot govern to that extent plain and simple.

And, really for me I actually carry a StarTac around 1/2 the time as I don't want to be bothered, but in a car.. yeah i wanna watch a movie or something and i'm not carrying around multiple devices to do it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post
    Same story with Coronado Beach & the famous Hotel Del in San Diego. Horrible Verizon coverage.
    I was just at the Hotel Del and had full bars all through out the property. It’s the famous old wooden hotel right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    I was just at the Hotel Del and had full bars all through out the property. It’s the famous old wooden hotel right?
    Wow, that's awesome! I haven't been there since last Winter (around Christmas) but Verizon service has always been terrible at the Hotel Del - at least on the back side facing the ocean (where all of their restaurants and lounges are). Perhaps things have improved since then - maybe a new tower or some small cells were added at least!

I live in San Diego and we've gone to the beach right in front of the hotel many times as well as the restaurants/lounge at the hotel and have always had poor service with Verizon there. I remember an incident around last September attempting to text my wife who was laying on the beach while ordering tacos from one of Hotel Del's restaurants and having trouble getting our texts to each other to go through. We both had iPhone XS or 11 Pros at the time (can't remember if it was before or after we upgraded) and one of our phones (if not both) was actually displaying 3G instead of LTE! This was the first time I'd seen 3G on my phone where I wasn't in an underground parking garage in 2-3 years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post
    Wow, that's awesome! I haven't been there since last Winter (around Christmas) but Verizon service has always been terrible at the Hotel Del - at least on the back side facing the ocean (where all of their restaurants and lounges are). Perhaps things have improved since then - maybe a new tower or some small cells were added at least!

I live in San Diego and we've gone to the beach right in front of the hotel many times as well as the restaurants/lounge at the hotel and have always had poor service with Verizon there. I remember an incident around last September attempting to text my wife who was laying on the beach while ordering tacos from one of Hotel Del's restaurants and having trouble getting our texts to each other to go through. We both had iPhone XS or 11 Pros at the time (can't remember if it was before or after we upgraded) and one of our phones (if not both) was actually displaying 3G instead of LTE! This was the first time I'd seen 3G on my phone where I wasn't in an underground parking garage in 2-3 years.
    That is the problem that I have on Aliso Beach in the city of Laguna Beach. The phone flops between 1x, 3g, and LTE especially if I have it in my pocket or in a holster against my body.

I would like to hear from folks with other cell service providers regarding the service on Aliso Beach. Maybe it is just in a hole and none of the providers cover it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4