LTE its the network !

Device(s)
    Samsung S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dtv757 View Post
    Lol verizon visa reminds me of the old. Bell Atlantic visa cards
    I remember that one too. You automatically got a percentage back on your bill amount but didn't have to use it to pay.
    Last edited by MisterBill; 06-26-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Device(s)
    Samsung S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diesteldorf View Post
    Hoping Verizon doesn't drag their feet on handing out my $1000 Verizon dollars for being one of the early applicants.
    I'm planning to put $500 toward a new phone, use $100 to pay for Disney Plus for a year, and the remainder to cover my cell phone bill for the next 6-7 months.

To those that doubted the value of this card, a cool grand is pretty good for a signup bonus......

So realistically, I'll be happy of the bonus is $75
    Why do you think it's going to be $1000? They would have had to be only 1000 people approved for the card to get that. I think it's likely to be closer to $100 than $1000. And they will be paid in 2-3 billing cycles per the offer details:

Offer Details and Eligibility Requirements
    The Early Access promotion’s sign up list is valid from 12:00 noon ET on 6/22/20 – 9:00 pm ET on 6/25/20. To sign up to be added to the list, you must be a Verizon Wireless account owner or manager of an account with 10 or less phone lines; aged 18+ and a US resident. Prepaid customers and Verizon employees, including employees covered under collective bargaining agreements, are ineligible to participate. Verizon Dollars will be awarded within 2-3 billing cycles to each eligible account owner's or manager's My Verizon account who completes all the following: (1) signs up on the list during the promotional period, (2) applies for a Verizon Visa Card through the link provided by the specified date, and (3) is approved for the Verizon Visa Card ("Approved Participant"). $1,000,000 Verizon Dollars is available to be divided equally among all the Approved Participants, however in no event will any individual Approved Participant be awarded more than $1,000 Verizon Dollars. The actual amount awarded to each Approved Participant and the total amount awarded will depend upon the number of Approved Participants. For example, if there are 10,000 Approved Participants, then each will be awarded $100 Verizon Dollars and the $1,000,000 Verizon Dollars in total will be awarded. Void where prohibited. We reserve the right to remove anyone from the Early Access promotion in the event of fraud or abuse of the promotion.

Device(s)
    Samsung S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Excuse me ??? My FICO scores are above 800 and you say I have no business having a credit card. I pay my credit cards on time and in full before I get charged interest.
    Glad to hear that. I wasn't sure that was the case because people who pay their bills over time can still have very high credit scores. Also because you said "The most important factor is what is your Annual Percentage Rate (APR) and not as much what rebates you get annually." That would generally only be the case for someone who pays interest on their credit cards. You also said "I would never apply for a credit card that charges me 20% or more APR" which makes no sense for someone who never pays credit card interest. So you're definitely sending out mixed signals.

I also still don't understand why you said you'd pass because the rebate was only usable towards your Verizon bill. But if you didn't apply, it's one less that the $1m bonus will be split between.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I find that a 20% APR offer is an insult and that's why I would decline such an offer.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Samsung S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I find that a 20% APR offer is an insult and that's why I would decline such an offer.
    But if you never pay interest, WHO CARES what the rate is? I didn't even look at the interest rate when applying because I will never pay it. I would much rather get a card with a high rate and great benefits than a card with a low rate and poor benefits.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Anyone else still waiting for approval? I already clicked on the link and signed into their site on the first day it was announced.

Sent from my Galaxy S10+ using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBill View Post
    But if you never pay interest, WHO CARES what the rate is? I didn't even look at the interest rate when applying because I will never pay it. I would much rather get a card with a high rate and great benefits than a card with a low rate and poor benefits.
    Same. I couldn't care less if the interest rate was 100%. I would never carry a balance so the benefits/rewards are much more important. I've never looked at what the APR was on a card I opened - only the rewards program. And of course, I charge everything humanly possible to my card to maximize my rewards.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It all comes down to the principle of being assigned a high interest rate when my credit rating is rated "excellent". Maybe it's irrational but that is my thought on the matter. I have dealt with customers who argue over less than $1 over principle. Might sound crazy to some, but the customer has that right and why shouldn't I ?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It all comes down to the principle of being assigned a high interest rate when my credit rating is rated "excellent". Maybe it's irrational but that is my thought on the matter. I have dealt with customers who argue over less than $1 over principle. Might sound crazy to some, but the customer has that right and why shouldn't I ?
    Sometimes higher interest rates allow cards to offer better rewards programs because there will always be a percentage of people that don't pay off their balance in full and end up paying interest. Let them charge 100% interest if it means higher rewards for those of us who will never pay a dime in interest. It's all about priorities. If lower interest rate is more important to those that carry a balance - that should obviously be the priority when choosing a card. For those of us who never carry a balance, the best rewards program trumps everything else.

Device(s)
    Samsung S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    Anyone else still waiting for approval? I already clicked on the link and signed into their site on the first day it was announced.
    Did you actually go thru the credit card application process or are you waiting for the link to apply? I never got the text with the link to apply but i was able to apply thru the app and got approved.

Device(s)
    Samsung S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post
    Sometimes higher interest rates allow cards to offer better rewards programs because there will always be a percentage of people that don't pay off their balance in full and end up paying interest.
    Exactly! Let someone else pay the interest charges so they can afford to give me better perks. Other people's money!

Device(s)
    Samsung S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You have the right to do whatever you want, and I will also argue over small amounts, but not over $0. Walking away from a good deal because you feel insulted by a feature that will not affect you seems foolish, at least to me. It's like refusing to buy from a store won't offer you free delivery on an item that you're taking with you. It's not even like you're telling us that they did not offer you to lowest rate tier.

BTW I finally got email from them and the terms are listed on the bottom. So assuming that you qualified for the Signature Card, the APR would have been 18.74%, not 20%.

**NO ANNUAL FEE: For New Accounts: Variable Purchase APRs are 21.74% or 25.74% for the Verizon Visa Credit Card or 18.74%, 21.74% or 25.74% for the Verizon Visa Signature Credit Card. APRs are accurate as of 4.1.20 and will vary with the market based on Prime Rate (as defined in your credit card agreement). Minimum Interest Charge is $2.
    Last edited by MisterBill; 06-26-2020 at 04:26 PM.

Feedback Score
    Did you actually go thru the credit card application process or are you waiting for the link to apply? I never got the text with the link to apply but i was able to apply thru the app and got approved.
    I also never got the text message after submitting my email address/number, but I applied through the app and was immediately approved.

Hopefully I still qualified for the big time bonus...LOL

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm waiting for the link to apply. It was not on the Verizon app prior to today. Guess it's showing up for everyone today since it's the official launch.

Sad that I missed out on the $100 bonus due to verizon broken systems.
    Sent from my Galaxy S10+ using HoFo mobile app

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast