Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Visa Card

Feedback Score

Packaging

I got mine today and see what you mean about the packaging!

Feedback Score
    I received my bill today and clearly saw the $4.17 credit, listed as a REFUND. Happy about this, since my bill wasn't paid by the Verizon Visa but by an existing credit balance on my account.

I wish Verizon would announce the amount of the 'BE THE FIRST' bonus. I know it isn't set to be applied for 2-3 billing cycles, but I wasn't able to apply through the text link and applied for it, and was approved for, through the MY VERIZON app on June 23.

I'll be upset if I don't qualify, but would gladly ask for a manual credit if I knew how much it was supposed to be.

Feedback Score
    The design of the card looks very sleek.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2% rewards/discounts for Verizon purchases is a joke. A 5% discount/reward each month may have gotten me to bite.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post
    2% rewards/discounts for Verizon purchases is a joke. A 5% discount/reward each month may have gotten me to bite.
    Seems like Verizon loves to attempt to make lots of stuff look way better than it actually is. But that’s a big part of how they manage to be #1 in so many places.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cycledude View Post
    Seems like Verizon loves to attempt to make lots of stuff look way better than it actually is. But that’s a big part of how they manage to be #1 in so many places.
    Plus the card approvals seem wonky. Seeing people with 550 credit scores get approved while those with 800 no lates etc getting denied. Synchrony always seemed like a weird bank to me

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Just don't carry a balance with this card and all is well. This card seems like a simple way to reduce your monthly cell phone bill.

Device(s)
    Samsung S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure if you use the Verizon Up rewards program, but if you do you can get a $5 "Device Dollar" credit each month or a random gift card, currently $3 but it has been $5 in the past. When you apply for the VV, Device Dollars become Verizon Dollars ad can be applied directly to your account. Previously they could only be used towards a new phone and expired after 24 months.

If you also have a FiOS account you can get $10 a month in Verizon Dollars and use them towards your bill. Previously they were credited as Device Dollars.

Plus being able to get the autopay discount on the unlimited plans while charging your bill. That's $10/line for some of us. Previously they took it out of my checking account.

It's not obvious but there are enough things that make this card worth using, at least for me.

Device(s)
    Samsung S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diesteldorf View Post
    I wish Verizon would announce the amount of the 'BE THE FIRST' bonus. I know it isn't set to be applied for 2-3 billing cycles, but I wasn't able to apply through the text link and applied for it, and was approved for, through the MY VERIZON app on June 23.
    FWIW the latest tweet from VZW_Support simply says that you had to apply and be approved by 6/25 to qualify for the bonus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBill View Post
    I'm not sure if you use the Verizon Up rewards program, but if you do you can get a $5 "Device Dollar" credit each month or a random gift card, currently $3 but it has been $5 in the past. When you apply for the VV, Device Dollars become Verizon Dollars ad can be applied directly to your account. Previously they could only be used towards a new phone and expired after 24 months.

If you also have a FiOS account you can get $10 a month in Verizon Dollars and use them towards your bill. Previously they were credited as Device Dollars.

Plus being able to get the autopay discount on the unlimited plans while charging your bill. That's $10/line for some of us. Previously they took it out of my checking account.

It's not obvious but there are enough things that make this card worth using, at least for me.
    There’s def some value to the card. Getting the autopay discount with it would be nice. If I end up on Verizon postpaid I’ll probably apply for it although not sure I would be approved for it with a 750 score

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Yeah, we have 4 lines and I get the $10/line autopay discount with autopay from my checking account. I also use Verizon Up and the device dollars.

I just find 2% in Verizon rewards to be pretty weak. So I could apply for the Verizon card, retain my autopay discount, and earn a measly $80/year in Verizon rewards with their Visa card (based on a $4000/year spend for 4 lines and 4 device payments). I think 5% in Verizon rewards ($200/year) would have enticed me to apply for the card, but 2% isn't particularly enticing.

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, we have 4 lines and I get the $10/line autopay discount with autopay from my checking account. I also use Verizon Up and the device dollars.

I just find 2% in Verizon rewards to be pretty weak. So I could apply for the Verizon card, retain my autopay discount, and earn a measly $80/year in Verizon rewards with their Visa card (based on a $4000/year spend for 4 lines and 4 device payments). I think 5% in Verizon rewards ($200/year) would have enticed me to apply for the card, but 2% isn't particularly enticing.
    $80 is better than nothing. I mean you already pay for the service, why not get a little something back on it each month?

Feedback Score
    FWIW the latest tweet from VZW_Support simply says that you had to apply and be approved by 6/25 to qualify for the bonus.
    Thanks for mentioning that. I guess I'll just have to wait 1-2 months and see.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    $80 is better than nothing. I mean you already pay for the service, why not get a little something back on it each month?
    For the same reason I don't open up a credit card every time the sales associate at every clothing store asks me if I'd like to do so to save 20% on today's purchase. Just not worth opening dozens of credit cards for minimal rewards/no substantial benefit. I'd rather open up accounts for cards with sizable rewards (i.e. 50-60k Chase Ultimate Rewards points worth a minimum of $500-900 upon opening).

2% back on Verizon purchases for their own credit card is a joke. I probably would have opened it for 5% back on Verizon purchases. For reference, Amazon offers 5% back on their own purchases using the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card.

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    For the same reason I don't open up a credit card every time the sales associate at every clothing store asks me if I'd like to do so to save 20% on today's purchase. Just not worth opening dozens of credit cards for minimal rewards/no substantial benefit. I'd rather open up accounts for cards with sizable rewards (i.e. 50-60k Chase Ultimate Rewards points worth a minimum of $500-900 upon opening).

2% back on Verizon purchases for their own credit card is a joke. I probably would have opened it for 5% back on Verizon purchases. For reference, Amazon offers 5% back on their own purchases using the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card.
    Well the difference between those store cards and the Verizon is Verizon you are spending every month (which is why I went with it). The other stores, unless you shop there often, it does not make sense. I get your point though, but for me, the reason I got it was because 1. You will get a discount on the verizon bill and 2. It allows it to be used and keep the autopay discount.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast