Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Internet

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    6
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0

    Internet

    My phone used to be able to connect to the Internet just fine. However now it will not connect to the Internet. I must have pushed a wrong button or something. Can anyone help me fix my phone so I can connect to the Internet?

    It will connect through WiFi just not using my data plan Any help please?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,607
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE (2nd generation)
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Do you have cellular data turned on and have cellular coverage?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    19,307
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    What type of phone ? Do you know if it the phone supports VOLTE (Voice over Long Term Evolution) ? Have you power cycled the phone ? Can you be a little more specific where you are than just Eastern Shore ? When did you first notice the problem ?
    Just another day in paradise.....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    6
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have checked my setting and they all seem to be fine. Well maybe they are right. That is exactly what I am asking about. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10. I recently noticed this happening about a moth or so ago. I am on the Eastern Shore of MD. Mostly rural area.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    7,418
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick2448 View Post
    I have checked my setting and they all seem to be fine. Well maybe they are right. That is exactly what I am asking about.
    Does it show LTE in the status bar next to the signal bars?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    6
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    It does not show LTE and never has. I can run into town and have a full signal and still no Internet without WiFi.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    19,307
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Not all prepaid/MVNO carriers allow LTE/VOLTE. I suggest that you call customer service to find out: 1) do they support LTE/VOLTE and 2) if they do if your account features are correctly setup on their side.

    Best wishes.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    993
    Feedback Score
    0
    Page Plus is LTE/VoLTE and the S10 supports it.

    @Rick2448 it's just data right?
    Is voice working ok on VoLTE (HD voice) ?
    Maybe the APN got messed up.
    How old is the sim?.....did it come out of an older phone?
    Could be a bad sim. Is it BYOP or branded? How old?

    Just do a chat with PP if you have a computer and tell them the issue. Maybe they just need to re-provision the sim.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Central Iowa
    Posts
    1,076
    Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Not all prepaid/MVNO carriers allow LTE/VOLTE. I suggest that you call customer service to find out: 1) do they support LTE/VOLTE and 2) if they do if your account features are correctly setup on their side.

    Best wishes.
    All Verizon MVNO should be LTE/VoLTE supported since Verizon is dropping their CDMA network at the start of 2021. Plus at the start of 2020, Verizon said that all new phone activations must have phones that support VoLTE from what I understand.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    6
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    I found the setting and yes LTE/VoLTE is on. It is just my data that is messing up. The SIM was brand new. It was mailed to me by PagePlus. The phone was ordered off of the PagePlus site. Phone is about 6 months old.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Central Iowa
    Posts
    1,076
    Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    What firmware is installed to the phone? What APN do you have on the phone?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    7,418
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick2448 View Post
    It does not show LTE and never has.
    What does the data icon in the Quick Settings menu show? It may be grayed out if there is no data available.

    Yes, it could be a simple APN problem. Most Tracfone companies on Verizon use VZWINTERNET, but sometimes TRACFONE.VZWENTP
    Last edited by loboheeler; 06-24-2020 at 06:43 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Central Iowa
    Posts
    1,076
    Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Yes, it could be a simple APN problem. Most Tracfone companies on Verizon use VZWINTERNET, but sometimes TRACFONE.VZWENTP
    I am asking about the firmware because there is an user over at reddit that found out there is a bug with any newer Samsung firmware but for unlocked or Tracfone firmware versions with a Verizon based SIMs.

    Not to sure why or how myself, but with the wrong firmware, the APN settings will not fix the issue fully. With the wrong firmware and with the right APN, it will still have no LTE and/or no MMS for some reason.

    Not even to sure why this bug has not been fixed too.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    993
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I am asking about the firmware because there is an user over at reddit that found out there is a bug with any newer Samsung firmware but for unlocked or Tracfone firmware versions with a Verizon based SIMs.

    Not to sure why or how myself, but with the wrong firmware, the APN settings will not fix the issue fully. With the wrong firmware and with the right APN, it will still have no LTE and/or no MMS for some reason.

    Not even to sure why this bug has not been fixed too.
    So TF firmware versions have the bug? If the OP got the phone from PP then it's TF firmware and it's only 6 month old so sounds like warranty replace candidate maybe.
    I recall reading about that in some forum here on HOFO too.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Central Iowa
    Posts
    1,076
    Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    So TF firmware versions have the bug? If the OP got the phone from PP then it's TF firmware and it's only 6 month old so sounds like warranty replace candidate maybe.
    I recall reading about that in some forum here on HOFO too.
    The only firmware that does not have this bug is the unlocked or Tracfone firmware like I have said in my other post. The OP did not say what branding was their Galaxy S10. So I am just thinking of ideas if it is not an APN issue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-12-2001, 05:29 AM
  2. fido internet on cityfone?
    By ithink in forum Fido
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2001, 11:06 AM
  3. Connecting to Internet with the Phone
    By chapuka in forum Nokia
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-18-2001, 07:22 AM
  4. Palm internet access using S40 via IR
    By waily in forum Siemens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-01-2001, 09:08 AM
  5. Palm mobile internet kit
    By sweetpete in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2001, 04:07 AM

Bookmarks