Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Prepaid rolls out new plans

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Anyone port from Visible? I am curious if they will still give the $60 credit after the 2nd month of service pmt.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    Anyone port from Visible? I am curious if they will still give the $60 credit after the 2nd month of service pmt.
    Speaking of which I meant to ask when do they apply the service credit? I just refilled a different account for the port in to get the credit do they credit when you applied refill pin or when it’s due time to charge the account?

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPad Air 4th Gen (WiFi), Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Speaking of which I meant to ask when do they apply the service credit? I just refilled a different account for the port in to get the credit do they credit when you applied refill pin or when it’s due time to charge the account?
    When using refill cards, the credit is used when the line or account due to be charged. So about a day before the cycle resets.

EDIT: Unless you were specifically talking about that when you receive the $60 port in credit. I think that is after two cycles complete.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    When using refill cards, the credit is used when the line or account due to be charged. So about a day before the cycle resets.

Ok that makes sense ty for the info!

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Ok that makes sense ty for the info!
    The way it is worded I would think you get when the 2nd cycle starts, once Verizon gets the 2nd pmt . Of course, someone who experiences it is what counts

Feedback Score
    Has anyone who’s been on Verizon prepaid for 9 or more months switched to the new loyalty plans? Is the plan discounted up front? Or is a service credit applied before your renewal?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (both gens)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    The way it is worded I would think you get when the 2nd cycle starts, once Verizon gets the 2nd pmt . Of course, someone who experiences it is what counts
    That’s correct. I just got my port in bonus a few weeks ago. It’ll be automatically applied to your account after the second payment if you’re eligible for it.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by voidleaf View Post
    That’s correct. I just got my port in bonus a few weeks ago. It’ll be automatically applied to your account after the second payment if you’re eligible for it.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Ah ok that makes sense and thanks

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    When I switched, I had a $50 balance. On renewal date $40 was deducted leaving a &10 balance. So I will add a $30 card before next renewal. I don't know if this answers your question but maybe it will be of some help.
    Quote Originally Posted by dthoward View Post
    Has anyone who’s been on Verizon prepaid for 9 or more months switched to the new loyalty plans? Is the plan discounted up front? Or is a service credit applied before your renewal?
    Sent from my [Huawei Mediapad M3] using HoFo mobile app
    Moto G4 Play running Microg for Lineage 14.1

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    I switched the first or second day it was available. The new loyalty discount was applied at the beginning of the next month. Which is when my billing takes place. So as soon as I signed up for the new plans, I got a $10 discount. I previously had the 8GB + 7GB for life plan. So Now I still get the same 15GB a month, only the cost is $10 less at $35. And with the discounted refill pins I get from Target, that takes my out of pocket cost to under $30 a month.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by knot View Post
    When I switched, I had a $50 balance. On renewal date $40 was deducted leaving a &10 balance. So I will add a $30 card before next renewal. I don't know if this answers your question but maybe it will be of some help.

Sent from my [Huawei Mediapad M3] using HoFo mobile app
    Thanks, that is helpful, but I mean when you go into my Verizon, and click view your balance details, and click charges, is the bundle renewal amount listed there at full price? Because with the autopay discount it adds a $5 credit to your account a few hours before your renewal, but the bundle renewal is still full price. Thanks for your help.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, that is helpful, but I mean when you go into my Verizon, and click view your balance details, and click charges, is the bundle renewal amount listed there at full price? Because with the autopay discount it adds a $5 credit to your account a few hours before your renewal, but the bundle renewal is still full price. Thanks for your help.
    The bundle renewal, when shown on balance details, is full price minus the loyalty discount.

The loyalty discount is not applied the same way as the autopay discount. It isn't a credit onto the account prior to the monthly charge.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    The bundle renewal, when shown on balance details, is full price minus the loyalty discount.

The loyalty discount is not applied the same way as the autopay discount. It isn't a credit onto the account prior to the monthly charge.

Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Just curious on one other thing with Verizon prepaid is that do they include roaming or no? I checked their FAQ but appears they charge .20 cents a min but I wasn’t sure if anything changed. It’s been a while since I had Verizon prepaid so please remind me again I’m sorry lol.

Speaking of which does VoLTE help with the coverage? I go to my dads occasionally throughout the year and sometimes I get extended coverage last I remember

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Just curious on one other thing with Verizon prepaid is that do they include roaming or no? I checked their FAQ but appears they charge .20 cents a min but I wasn’t sure if anything changed. It’s been a while since I had Verizon prepaid so please remind me again I’m sorry lol.

Speaking of which does VoLTE help with the coverage? I go to my dads occasionally throughout the year and sometimes I get extended coverage last I remember
    It definitely has Extended coverage with LTEiRA partners, and I believe that includes those partners' CDMA and VoLTE networks. Beyond that...

I use a 'CDMA-less' device, and earlier this year I travelled in an area that Verizon's coverage map clearly shows CDMA-less 3G roaming (western Illinois north of the St Louis metro). I just had "emergency calls only" in the area with my Verizon SIM. My roommates using VZW Postpaid with similar devices as me had 3G coverage in the same area. It seems from that alone that domestic roaming might not be available on Prepaid anymore.

This might be different for CDMA-capable devices, but I can't confirm.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast