Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Prepaid rolls out new plans

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaZZoo View Post
    On Verizons site under pp plans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Great I’m glad it’s updated now. Didn’t get a chance to send PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless / Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    The screenshot says 5G Nationwide, which is Verizon's term for the new 5G coverage using the lower band sharing of 4G coverage.

I guess this means prepaid won't support the 5G UWB (ultra wide band) super high speed coverage that covers a few city blocks with coverage that basically is very fast if you're standing outside in view of the small site...

Device(s)
    OnePlus 8T, Apple iPad Air 4th Gen (WiFi), Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score

Verizon Prepaid rolls out new plans

Quote Originally Posted by Inundated View Post
    I guess this means prepaid won't support the 5G UWB (ultra wide band) super high speed coverage that covers a few city blocks with coverage that basically is very fast if you're standing outside in view of the small site...
    Exactly correct, UWB is probably going to be an upsell for now. They also are requiring postpaid to upgrade plans to one of a set of “new” unlimited plans (which have different “Features” compared to their old counterparts) to enable UWB access.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inundated View Post
    The screenshot says 5G Nationwide, which is Verizon's term for the new 5G coverage using the lower band sharing of 4G coverage.

Verizon stated that UWB access will come in 2021

Feedback Score
    I had a question regarding Verizon prepaid unlimited do they throttle after a certain usage like 22 gigs or so? I couldn’t find any about it in fine print.

Btw I do like that you can add hotspot to the unlimited plan at 5 bucks truthfully it’s cheaper than some other plans (where a 10 dollar add on) and can remove if you need to

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I'm curious about this also

Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    I had a question regarding Verizon prepaid unlimited do they throttle after a certain usage like 22 gigs or so? I couldn’t find any about it in fine print.
    EDIT: I asked this in a chat with CS and was told it's subject to deprioritization if it's congested.
    Last edited by JTB69; 11-17-2020 at 09:05 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JTB69 View Post
    I'm curious about this also

EDIT: I asked this in a chat with CS and was told it's subject to deprioritization if it's congested.
    So I guess the only limit is if the towers are congested it sounds like

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    So I guess the only limit is if the towers are congested it sounds like
    Yes. It really depends on the area. I'm in the DC area(mostly Northern Virginia) and have been on Verizon Prepaid for a few years now. I have yet to see any throttling. My Verizon Prepaid experience has been identical to my Verizon post paid experience. Only I pay much less. I still get a new Samsung Galaxy S phone every two years with 24 months no interest(directly through Samsung). And still get 100+ Mb/s speeds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    Yes. It really depends on the area. I'm in the DC area(mostly Northern Virginia) and have been on Verizon Prepaid for a few years now. I have yet to see any throttling. My Verizon Prepaid experience has been identical to my Verizon post paid experience. Only I pay much less. I still get a new Samsung Galaxy S phone every two years with 24 months no interest(directly through Samsung). And still get 100+ Mb/s speeds.
    That’s great info on the throttling. Do you have any hindrance of features on VZ with an unlocked device like with unlocked devices on ATT?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    I know honestly since been on Verizon prepaid for months now I have to say it’s really the greatest plan I feel now especially with discounts and stuff that come in after some time even for the unlimited plan and others also. I’m very pleased with the service and definitely will keep it. It’s the one of the best plans out there

Feedback Score
    Afaik, no issue with Wi-Fi calling on unlocked phones, unlike with at&t.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingc View Post
    That’s great info on the throttling. Do you have any hindrance of features on VZ with an unlocked device like with unlocked devices on ATT?
    Sent from my SM-T870 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a 5G (Personal), Galaxy S8 (Work)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, Fi (Personal), AT&T (Work)
    Feedback Score
    Is anyone actually seeing Nationwide 5G on their prepaid device yet? It may simply not be available in my area yet.
    Current: Pixel 4a 5G
    VZW and Fi, Dual-SIM yay!

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon prepaid
    Feedback Score
    The last couple of times I went into a 5G area it showed up on my 12 Pro Max
    Quote Originally Posted by 6oz_Brick View Post
    Is anyone actually seeing Nationwide 5G on their prepaid device yet? It may simply not be available in my area yet.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingc View Post
    I don't use unlocked phones, I always get the Verizon version directly from Samsung. Initially I started this because Verizon did not have wifi calling on unlocked phones. I keep doing it because I have no plan to leave Verizon Wireless.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Blue

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 6oz_Brick View Post
    I've had it on my iPhone 12 mini in my area (rarely fall back to LTE). Speeds have been at or around what I got with LTE, but have felt more consistent (fewer really really slow spots), so it still feels like an improvement to me.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast